Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Red Bull RB6

In any case, it's launching in less than 24 hours. Come on Newey!! Work your magic!! 8)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

Red Bull's server is currently down for maintenance. They will be busy loading all the new stuff.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

scarbs

Don't get too excited, expect evolution rather than revolution on the new car...

mith

scarbs wrote:Don't get too excited, expect evolution rather than revolution on the new car...
It's only natural for them to do evolution rather than revolution as they already had one of the most innovative car last year. So I'm not expecting them coming up with brand new design, but I am still curious about their refinements to last year's solution.

BTW, thanks for all your hard work!

Terrible3

I expecting more design updates on the RB6 than the STR5. Considering the RB5 was not initially designed for a DDD I am sure Newey has been very busy. It is by far the car I am most looking forward to.

SoliRossi

This is hilarious, there are 2 completely different tangents that posters are on on this thread re the video and weather or not its a rb6/old chassis.

Firstly let me explain it, those saying its a bastardized chassis (dJos) and others saying its got Beumi written on it and that its not the rb6, you guys are talking about the actual car that is being driven on the ice. And you are correct, its an old chassis. Brezzey the vents on the cars side pods are illegal under the new rergs. So basically lets establish the car being actually driven on the ice is an old chassis with some new bodywork on it to make it look newish.

The other posters saying we are seeing a sneak peak of the rb6 are talking about just the section of the video at teh end where it is CGI. Basically 2 separate parts to the video. I tend to agree with them, last year RBR leaked the rb5 in a vid like this, the animation seems to be pretty inline with what you would expect the rb6 to look like so its pretty likely that you are looking at the rb6 right there.

djos

SoliRossi wrote:This is hilarious, there are 2 completely different tangents that posters are on on this thread re the video and weather or not its a rb6/old chassis.

Firstly let me explain it, those saying its a bastardized chassis (dJos) and others saying its got Beumi written on it and that its not the rb6, you guys are talking about the actual car that is being driven on the ice. And you are correct, its an old chassis. Brezzey the vents on the cars side pods are illegal under the new rergs. So basically lets establish the car being actually driven on the ice is an old chassis with some new bodywork on it to make it look newish.

The other posters saying we are seeing a sneak peak of the rb6 are talking about just the section of the video at teh end where it is CGI. Basically 2 separate parts to the video. I tend to agree with them, last year RBR leaked the rb5 in a vid like this, the animation seems to be pretty inline with what you would expect the rb6 to look like so its pretty likely that you are looking at the rb6 right there.

good points, I some how missed the renderings posted back a couple of pages.
"In downforce we trust"

SoliRossi

raymondu999

Where did those come from? :shock:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

That Looks like an RB5 from end of the '09 season, not an RB6!
"In downforce we trust"

ccx
ccx

Seems like they are real, here they are on the RedBull website.

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 2745960634

The v-nose seems more pronounced with a more aggressive angle at the front. They look like 2009 spec front and rear wings though.

Mysticf1

aren't they the wrong race numbers tho?

edit: my bad, forgot no1 goes to Mclaren

ringo

deceptively similar to rb5, but some things look new :-k
For Sure!!

SoliRossi

its the rb6.

check out that rear packaging! and it seems we have stuck with pull rod.

ringo

Goes to show how refined the RB5 was. Can't do better than perfection but slap on a DDD. :P
For Sure!!