Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Sauber C29

+1
nice pictures!

Michiba
Michiba

Yes, nice pics.

The opening for the F-duct outlet looks quite large (compared to the thin line on the Maclaren).

nacho
nacho

Did Kobayashi get the front wing damaged in all of the failures or did it just fail on its own?

The last failure was pretty bad, with worse luck he could have chopped someone's head with the car.

Quite weird having a front wing collapse like that with such an experience team.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Thanks guys...herez a few more..
Pedro's car

We can make out the ducting for the Fluidic duct...and also the small inlet i seen...
Also the small louvers/ openings on the floor..similar to that seen in previous seasons...

Kobayashi's car being towed after he crashed in FP1..unlucky guy

Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 03 May 2010, 14:58, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Images moved to another location after editing time expired

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Can somone please let me know what the small tube from the rear of inerter is used for??
I did observe the complicated front wing and also the larger opening for the Fduct..also the Sauber's system seems to be bigger than Mclaren's..

Also the enplate gurneys are nicely visible. I was also lucky enough to get close to the Speed Challenge. cars...I do have close up shots of the 2008 Mclaren floor/diffuser and engine section opened.[it was pasted with gold tape all thru including the chimney section]..but I believe most discussion pertaining that would be closed...

HungryHebbo
HungryHebbo

Nice pictures, lucky that he stopped right next to you, if only they all did that eh!
I'd never noticed the small wings almost inside the rear wheels before.

marinopc
marinopc

n_anirudh wrote:Thanks guys...herez a few more..
Pedro's car
You can see that the right upper flap from Pedro's diffuser was broken. Spanish newspaper "AS" reports today that they found the diffuser broken after the race and that caused lack of performance to the C29 and a bigger degradation of rear tyres. Hope better luck in Sepang for the Saubers...

raceman

Sauber to test revised F-duct

the race for the F-duct is on..... let's hope they get it right this time for us to see exciting races. :wink:

hollus

Sauber are testing their F-duct again, and Pedro dela Rosa said to Diario As that "Cuando se tapa el agujero, el viento va hacia el alerón trasero y lo ahoga. Es decir, deja de generar carga aerodinámica por saturación".
Weird words, and one has to wonder how accurate the transcription is. Translated to english he says that when the hole is covered, the wind goes to the rear wing and "asphyxiates" it or "drowns it". Both are translations of ahogar. Then he adds that the wing stops generating aerodynamic load by "saturation".
It looks then like when activated there is more, not less, air going to the rear wing slot, but his words are far from unambiguous.
Rivals, not enemies.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

marinopc wrote:
n_anirudh wrote:Thanks guys...herez a few more..
Pedro's car
You can see that the right upper flap from Pedro's diffuser was broken. Spanish newspaper "AS" reports today that they found the diffuser broken after the race and that caused lack of performance to the C29 and a bigger degradation of rear tyres. Hope better luck in Sepang for the Saubers...

I was there the whole time when pedro broght his car to a standstill land nothing "broke"...Can u please let me know where this broken flap of the diffuser is. Some related pics are in the previous page as well. Thanks

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Excellent shot from Chinese FP.

The rear brake ducts are 3/4 closed off.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

What do you all reckon is the basic, fundamental problem of the car's lack of pace?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

raymondu999 wrote:What do you all reckon is the basic, fundamental problem of the car's lack of pace?
...a car made by BMW
Last edited by Blackout on 20 Apr 2010, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

marcush.
marcush.

mr.Sauber seems frustrated with his driver decision already and has hinted at the possibility that last years development for the c29 was more of a we pretend to work
basis as the people did not know if they had a job next year.. so effectively all that potential to come up with something really special was wasted by BMWs impossible politics..
Poor Peter Sauber he hoped for a Brawn and got a Toyota ...

Giblet
Giblet

Well, I figure since this car was started at the early dropping of the 2009 car, it would have been designed for the BMW lump with it's ancillaries and power characteristics.

The late and resource tapped switch to Ferrari engines would have played a major part in the design philosophy.

All the performance data and engine mapping on the ECU would have been new to learn as well.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute