Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium

Re: Sauber C29

lotus7 wrote:
ringo wrote:Since 2007 i remember BMW sauber always having grip and balance problems. Heidfeld was always complain about the grip. I think it's the understanding that their engineers have; they may need some new blood with new ideas. Same goes for Williams and their old engineers.
Maybe James Key's ( ex F I ) influence already showing ?
What i think that whats happening at Sauber is that they are gonna develop the C29 in small areas just to keep the pace to STR, Williams and Force India. However i think they have a clean sheet design car on the way for 2011. I think that Key will have something like a Force India with Red Bull design extracts coming allong for 2011 as Sauber have already started to develop the C30 in CFD in their new Albert 3 supercomputer.

I think that Sauber are developing their car for next year allongside De La Rosas input from his McLaren days, but also developing the C30 to be compatible to Nakajimma and one other new, or returning driver for 2011 as it would make sence.

I think Sauber getting James Key will be their coup-de-gras for 2011, as they can design their car arround knowns for 2011, the fuel tank, the Ferarri 056 engine and posible KERS, the driver and his driving style and the DDD and F-Duct being banned as well as the tech regs. The one unknown for Sauber and every other team is the tyre technology used; is it Michlen, Pirelli or another manufacturer???

I think this car will be like what is effectivly a stop-gap for one year.

zgred

Miguel

Stop gap or not, they need to fix their reliability woes. It breaks my heart to see Pedro retiring again and again.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

tok-tokkie

ESPImperium wrote: I think Sauber getting James Key will be their coup-de-gras for 2011 ...
Interesting concept.
means a death blow intended to end the suffering of a wounded creature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_de_gr%C3%A2ce

Pit
Pit

tok-tokkie wrote:
ESPImperium wrote: I think Sauber getting James Key will be their coup-de-gras for 2011 ...
Interesting concept.
means a death blow intended to end the suffering of a wounded creature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_de_gr%C3%A2ce
---
The French pronunciation of the phrase is [kudə ɡras], but many English speakers pronounce it /ˌkuː deɪ ˈɡrɑː/ which in French is spelled "coup de gras" and would mean something like "blow of fat." Omitting the final "s" is an example of a hyperforeignism.
That's even more interesting ;]
The funniest thing is that I also thought that 'coup de grace' had a way different meaning ;)

zgred

zgred

Holm86

Now sauber's F-Duct also enters the upper wingelement insted of the lower as previous...

Fil

:shock: Is that a sponsor on the engine cover?? (and if so, anyone know who it is?)

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

zgred

Sauber launches Sauber Club One
f1technical.net wrote:Emblazoned for the first time on the engine covers of the two C29 racers at the Canadian Grand Prix is the prominent logo of the “Sauber Club One”. The “Sauber Club One” is an exclusive club for companies wishing to use Formula One as a business platform against a grand prix backdrop and the team’s high-tech facilities in Hinwil for events, without themselves making a public appearance.

roost89

zgred, you beat me to it :wink:
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Fil

:oops: rumour has it i don't visit F1T for the news.. my bad! but thanks for the link zgred.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

raymondu999

Fil wrote::shock: Is that a sponsor on the engine cover?? (and if so, anyone know who it is?)

That image looks so good it's almost CGI. LOL. So are they pulling a Renault and sponsoring themselves? :S
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

DM0407

Looks like inverted '08 bunny ears from the McLaren and Honda's.

marcush.

dumbobackflipears would be the correct word for it ?