2011 F1 car concepts

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ajdavison2

Re: 2011 F1 car concepts

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I was wondering if it would be possible to blow the beam wing (at the 15cm area containing the permitted slot) with the exhausts, obviously I'm no aero expert but I was just wondering. The way I was thinking to do this was to route the exhausts possibly out of the hot air outlet, or just below it and direct them at the beam wing possibly using retarded ignition? while obviously keeping them outside of the zones where no body work is permitted. my main curiosities were:

a)Would this be possible with issues such as the gasses overheating the carbon of the beam wing?
b)Would the exhaust gasses get to displaced by the time they reached the beam wing?
c)would this actually give any benefit at all or am I just talking a lot of BS lol?

Thanks in advance

raymondu999

for anyone interested, John Beamer's written a preseason tech review for f1fanatic: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/08/p ... al-review/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

Seems like most cars are now converging on a two-step cascade design, such as the W02's new front wing, the MP4-26 wing, etc
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

A while back someone mentioned that The W02's short wheelbase meant less turning lock required in corners, and hence less wheel deg. I've just read F1 Racing's newest ma, and Pat Symonds says that a long wheelbase would mean (and I quote) "the car rotates slower with yaw and that can help preserve the tyres." A little help here perhaps?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法