McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
N12ck

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

i think mclaren will either fail miserably, or they will fly
Budding F1 Engineer

HampusA

Couple of questions here,

2. Is this the exhaust pipe from the engine going back up to the front and exiting in the second pic provided?

1. What cooler is this for? water, oil?

The truth will come out...

Poleman

Correct me if i am wrong but is the RW of the 26 adjustable?It doesnt look like it.I believe that McLaren haven yet shown the actual wings for the car.I am almost certain that the front one will change as well.Its almost identical like the Abu Dhabi MP4-25 one.It seems that they are using 2010-ish wings so far and im wondering:Are they confident enough about their (2011) wing figures and throw them straight to first race without testing of we are gonna see the new parts coming on towards the final days of testing?

Caerdroia wrote:It's adjustable. They've mentioned a few times that they've tested it to make sure it works. They also used it in anger during the test yesterday.
Thanks! :)
Last edited by Poleman on 19 Feb 2011, 15:54, edited 2 times in total.

Caerdroia
Caerdroia

It's adjustable. They've mentioned a few times that they've tested it to make sure it works. They also used it in anger during the test yesterday.

JB2011
JB2011

I can't quite work out where this is on the car because of the reflections and angle, but is that a pipe?

wesley123
wesley123

probably just connection point of the wishbone to the chassis, the upper one looks similair
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Poleman

wesley123 wrote:probably just connection point of the wishbone to the chassis, the upper one looks similair
I think he means the "hole" that is appearing to be on the splitter under the tub in the background.

JB2011
JB2011

Poleman wrote:
wesley123 wrote:probably just connection point of the wishbone to the chassis, the upper one looks similair
I think he means the "hole" that is appearing to be on the splitter under the tub on the background.
Sorry I should have made that clearer. That's what I'm looking at, the hole in what looks like the splitter under Button.

myurr
myurr

The red circled thing is the attachment point for the lower wishbone. I can't see anything else in that picture that looks like a hole.

murtoidf1
murtoidf1

JB2011 wrote:
Poleman wrote:
I think he means the "hole" that is appearing to be on the splitter under the tub on the background.
Sorry I should have made that clearer. That's what I'm looking at, the hole in what looks like the splitter under Button.
just looks like the suspension rejoining the nose to me..

AS for the other pictures with those 1 and 2 parts highlighted

1 is carbon fibre, so whatevers behind there actually doesnt need much cooling - the light has made it look more like a radiator, but what you see there is the stripes of the carbon fibre.

2 is def the exahust bending round. but to where.. no one REALLY knows.

kalinka
kalinka

I haven't noticed this so far : Look at the upper wishbone. It's not simply a straigth piece, it's fabricated so that it has a lower section in the middle. I guess it's because they want to clear up the airflow to that sidepod channel. On MP4-25 it was just a straight arm. What you think ?

segedunum
segedunum

McLaren have been pretty quiet and haven't done rather a lot of running. Does anyone know whether they're running a consistent exhaust layout yet?

Pup
Pup

Can't say. The dearth of photos this year is pretty frustrating.

murtoidf1
murtoidf1

N12ck wrote:i think mclaren will either fail miserably, or they will fly
thanks Confucius! :lol:

And hmm, I dont think theres a lack of photos this year, I just think that with the several configs mac are running, its impossoble to compare pictures to get a better understand of the car, as they are usually all from different configs!

HampusA

murtoidf1 wrote:AS for the other pictures with those 1 and 2 parts highlighted

1 is carbon fibre, so whatevers behind there actually doesnt need much cooling - the light has made it look more like a radiator, but what you see there is the stripes of the carbon fibre.

2 is def the exahust bending round. but to where.. no one REALLY knows.
Yea i can see that now, thanks ;)

But the second pic? What is that hole under the intake on the sidepod? Another intake hole or could it be one of the exhaust exits that they are testing?

Is it even a hole?

The truth will come out...