Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MIKEY_!

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

And with a little more guess work for the Indian GP they might just get up there again [-o<

scuderiafan

Javert wrote:In the last race STR was much faster on the straights (almost 4 kph) than their nearest competitors (Schumacher and Rosberg). Why? :?:
Probably down to setup, and the fact that the STR probably doesn't have as much downforce (therefore less drag) than the Mercs.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

PlatinumZealot

PNSD wrote:
n smikle wrote: I think there are more reasons to slow the Toro Rosso than allow full development. Toro Rosso's purpose may not be to win races and championships. (Check out Ricciardo's fully paid for seat and training programme at HRT).
Yeah, RBR want to give Ricciardo experience, STR have full time drivers to why not put him in the next available seat. Simple? I thought so.
n smikle wrote: Remember after 2007 when Vettel won with the TR and by that time the Torro Rosso was the better car, the RedBull mother team took away some of the engineers.

I still believe (and my sources too) that there are some restrictions by the mother companuy on what Toro Rosso is granted/allowed. Notice that every year since 2007 the car stays the same until the last few races. Last year they were the last to get F-duct and new nose cone, this year you had to wait till what, Japan(?) to finally hear of REAL upgrades.

It's a conspiracy! But the truth will be revealed as the TR will take it's rightful place as the 4th fastest car in the last races.
OK. Well ill start with this season since it is the easiest. STR have designed a complete new car. It has zero input from the RBT design office, and is fully and completely designed by STR themselves.

Since last year STR have gone through a large recruitment drive to hire designers, engineers, the lot. They now have offices in England and are using a wind tunnel. This takes time, given that they are almost starting from scratch! They have little money given that most of the RedBull money currently funds championship winning cars.

STR have been a victim of RB's success. To sustain a title fight against Mclaren, and Ferrari of course some resources would be more so limited for STR than RBR. Thats logical, agree?

Also, in 2007 they were quicker because they had better drivers!! And the car was identical! They also had the Ferrari engine, again arguably at the time stronger! 2008 they fell back, naturally after losing our current two time champion!

In my initial post I asked what or who your sources were. Could you at least enlighten us all with that please...

But let me ask you, can your argument be explained by logical reasoning? Forget what you believe, but is it possible that the upturn in performance can be explained by reason?
Ok I sent the pm.. I made no claims to any thing. I was careful not to. It is a theory - a conspiracy theory. Rubbish it if it you will. But, after Brazil, no, after the first two races of 2012 It will make sense.

I am no autogyro here... my theories are well put together.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

megz

Get back under your bridge.

Also may I point out that it was 2008 that Sebastien Vettel won with Toro Rosso in Monza not 2007. It was also in 2008 that STR out scored RBR. Most of that could be attributed to luck in my opinion, that isn't to say Toro Rosso didn't deserve it, they fought like champions and were there when it mattered.

PlatinumZealot

Go back under my bridge eh? :lol: I like that one, Megz. You thought what I said was inflammatory?

On the year Vettel won in TR. I made a typo - we all know it was 2008. Big deal.
Anyway, you just stated an inconsequential fact. Nothing really consequential.

You seem really interested in the topic though. I am really going to resist posting any further on it, so say whatever you want about it. The stage is yours.

PNSD
PNSD

May I ask what the reason is for you holding out on these sources you supposedly have.

If you have them, what good is it us waiting until Brazil?

Forgive me for seeming inpatient, but I just dont see the reasoning?

PlatinumZealot

PNSD wrote:May I ask what the reason is for you holding out on these sources you supposedly have.

If you have them, what good is it us waiting until Brazil?

Forgive me for seeming inpatient, but I just dont see the reasoning?
I am going to just drop it.. it's getting too much attention. And yes my data is not solid enough to really back me up. next thing you know James Allen is on here.

Shout out to Scarbs (a joruno). what do you think of this, RedBull limiting TR's development, be it via financial limits, Personel limits, (Essenitally car limits) etc?

PNSD
PNSD

Well of course they are financially limited. Hence the addition of extra sponsors. RedBull have championships to win, its only natural that the majority of the money available would go to them.

Solid data or not, im sure a few of us would still be interested. After all your belief that they are downforce limited has to come from somewhere, so I would assume from you 'data'?

Are these unreasonable requests which warrant you to stop this discussion? It's a post on a forum, of course it's getting attention, how do you define too much attention?

MIKEY_!

I think he means it's taking over from the other things we could talk about here.

Francesc
Francesc

wesley123
wesley123

an interesting picture;

Where is their slotted gurney?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

StrFerrari4Ever

Absolutely delighted by STR's performance, they've looked good throughout the weekend and that quali performance just proves it. Buemi looked mighty through the high speed corners when the tv cameras showed him, they definitely have the STR6 hooked up this weekend. Lets hope that tomorrow they can get some very good points and they can overtake Sauber and continue to close the gap on Force India.

MIKEY_!

A Minardi quicker than a Mercedes. :lol: The race for the championship win may have been boring but the mid-field has really made up for it this year. Well done TR!!!

Trailer23

I'm just pumped up with the thought that both SauberF1's are stuck on 17th & 20th.

I just hope that Jaime can finish somewhere in the Top 6 (ahead of Buemi).

megz

n smikle wrote:Go back under my bridge eh? :lol: I like that one, Megz. You thought what I said was inflammatory?

On the year Vettel won in TR. I made a typo - we all know it was 2008. Big deal.
Anyway, you just stated an inconsequential fact. Nothing really consequential.

You seem really interested in the topic though. I am really going to resist posting any further on it, so say whatever you want about it. The stage is yours.
What I took unkindly to was your comparison between you and autogyro - hell I hated his posts as much as the next guy but he had the courtesy to at least begin to given some explanation rather than - wait till Brazil, you'll see!

Further to this you already made very bold statements you claimed were backed up by fact about this car earlier in the season that were miles off (hardly a crime) but if you're going to start making a song and dance at least have something to back you up and you've just admitted to having not enough to back you up.

It's no good going to the club being all talk and no trousers.

On topic: I'm chuffed for Toro Rosso - I've always been a fan and was hugely impressed after their beating of their mother team in 2008. Since then I've always admired their spirit and the paint job. The paint job was always good. Pity that the bull on the side had to be changed to a Red Bull decal.