Team Lotus T128 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
scotty86

Re: Lotus T128

manchild wrote:
imightbewrong wrote: - Will use the classic black and gold livery (source)
http://www.lotusracing.my/spark/competi ... ition.aspx

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:59 pm
manchild wrote:1600px × 750px (scaled in forum)

viewtopic.php?p=150332&f=1

Of course, I've learned about the competition after the deadline.

](*,) :-({|= #-o :cry: :-|

That looks brilliant! Nice job! :D

ringo

For Sure!!

wesley123

that one is looking way better then the Renault
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Morteza

It has brighter gold paint that makes it lovelier.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Intego

I have a bigger one 8) (Though I don't know more about it)
inspired by Ayrton Senna's Lotus 98T
inspired by Emerson Fittipaldi's Lotus 72D
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

GTO

Intego wrote:
I have a bigger one 8) (Though I don't know more about it)
inspired by Ayrton Senna's Lotus 98T
inspired by Emerson Fittipaldi's Lotus 72D
Thanks, those are cool.

One thing's for sure...there will only be one Lotus team name in F1. I can't see either team being that crazy to begin racing with same name.
This is definately embarassing for F1. Seems to be trend of one major embarassing event in F1 every yr. :oops:

raymondu999

Is it just me or is that the R29 Renault photoshopped to Tony Fernandes' 2011 livery? :wtf:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Intego

Not really, it looks similar, but there are many differences. A flatter nose, rolling sidepods, bigger sidepod cooling intakes, the car seems shorter, and the tyres are very broad. I actually don't know what it is.

This painting seems to be from Raphael Campos Guimaraes (http://www.cpluv.com/profile/users/electroduo), who calls himself electroduo and is an interactive graphic and sound designer. I think he just anticipated Team Lotus using the late 2000's standard design.

James Allen called it "what appears to be a scheme for next year’s T128 Lotus" that a reader had sent him. So nothing real. We could have sent him Manchild's drawing as well. =D>
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

raymondu999

No no, seriously. Look at it. The front wing endplate and cascade element are definitely R29. The mirrors are also Renault-esque, as are the sidepods.

Compare:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

astracrazy

it has parts of, don't think the whole thing is though.

Intego

I have compared both and find too much differences. The guy is good at Photoshops, maybe he mixed parts together.
Or is it the never raced US F1? BTW: Found this :lol:

ESPImperium

Is this a prelude to Team Lotus using their current colours for 2011???

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7 ... 2309963464

wesley123

I prefer the british green with the yellow stripe, that is what Lotus is, not the black with the Yellow that looks like gold paint job which was from an sponsor and not Lotus itself.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

gibells

I'd go with a deep deep green (looks black) and stick with the gold pin-striping. Love the idea of the matt black sections. That sort of subtle contrast is what we're looking for.

Pandamasque

I don't think Team Lotus ever used very dark green famously used by Jaguar and some others.
gibells wrote:Love the idea of the matt black sections.
Especially on a hot day at Sepang :lol:

Personally I'd like them to go for Camel-like yellow. It looks like we'll have many dark cars next season.