Team Lotus T128 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
autogyro

Re: Lotus T128

I think the original Ferraris were yellow with red trim, although I am not sure either.
In Italy Ferrari red is a national essential for motor racing, it would be unthinkable for them not to be red.
If you visit Italy you will soon find how much support there is for Ferrari and Ferrari red.
Sadly this brings us back to this Lotus thread, which went right of the basic topic when the new Lotus colours were brought up.
Lotus green is about the only British thing left in motor sport.
I used to visit the old BRM base on a windswept airfield in Britain.
An old friend of mine who worked for ERA and then BRM was still there, working with a drawing board in a small wooden shed. This is all that was left of our motor racing heritage.
Like everything else of value in Britain it has all been thrown away to satisfy the modern world greed system.

Giblet

According to photos all cars used to be varying shades of grey without exception.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Pandamasque

autogyro wrote:I think the original Ferraris were yellow with red trim, although I am not sure either.
Original Ferraris were red Alfa Romeos with the well known yellow shield logo on the side. :)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... errari.jpg

Holm86

Giblet wrote:According to photos all cars used to be varying shades of grey without exception.

LOL nice one :D

H. Zedozil

"New car is looking great. We won't do conventional launch. Keep checking our website for launch date. Car looking much slicker. Very pleased," said Tony Fernandes on twitter..

Slicker? like Red Bull's rear end??....I hope it is..

N12ck

hanan! i didnt know you joined f1technical, u post on the team lotus fb page and hello and welcome to the forum, lotus i think will be midfield next year :)
Budding F1 Engineer

SiLo

Were ferrari really sponsored by shell way back when? Or has that sticker just been put on recently?
Felipe Baby!

Giblet

http://www.whprivat.de/aufschriebe_vwa/ ... errari.pdf

Check page 3.

Since 1947 they have been with Ferrari.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

747heavy

Interesting find Giblet !!
Remember the times when Ferrari (for years) was displaying Agip on their cars.

I´m well aware, that a technical partnership and a sponsorship deal, are two different things.

See the current Mercedes GP Petronas/Mobil1 (Exxon) situation, or Peugeots Total sponsorship while using Shell race diesel in LeMans.

Similar things happen, while I was working with Toyota in the WRC.
For the first year(s) we had Repsol sponsoring (Carlos Sainz) but still used Duckhams engine oil, until Repsol was able to provide the oil(s) and lubricants we needed, which later on was the case.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

H. Zedozil

N12ck wrote:hanan! i didnt know you joined f1technical, u post on the team lotus fb page and hello and welcome to the forum, lotus i think will be midfield next year :)
Thanks.....Team Lotus will be in the midfield....They said the car will be launch sometime after 25th January...

scuderiafan

That picture of that Ferrari reminded me. Why is it that for many years the Ferrari's had the #27 and #28 on their cars?
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

timbo

scuderiafan wrote:That picture of that Ferrari reminded me. Why is it that for many years the Ferrari's had the #27 and #28 on their cars?
Somewhere around 1980 or (1981) there was a convention between teams that each team would be allocated permanent numbers unless they win WDC.
There was a draw and Ferrari got #27-28. Tyrrel was #3-4, Williams #5-6, McLaren #7-9, Lotus #11-12 etc

astracrazy

sorry to be the one to say this, but back to lotus?

mx_tifoso

Yes, it would be appreciated if the discussion went back to being about the 2010 Lotus. :wink:

Any more off topic posts will result in a clean up of the thread without warning.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

N12ck

Hi, back to lotus, well, what do we think on the green and gold competition they were meant to be running, no mention as of yet?
Budding F1 Engineer