Team Lotus T128 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
H.Lyoud

Re: Lotus T128

Fans decided that Team Lotus will stick to Green-Yellow livery next year. And team actually listened to them so T128 will be green yellow.

Owen.C93

H.Lyoud wrote:Fans decided that Team Lotus will stick to Green-Yellow livery next year. And team actually listened to them so T128 will be green yellow.
Also Renault will be black and gold, so Fernandes said it would be stupid to have two cars so similar. Hence sticking to green and yellow.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

N12ck

but they did state on twitter that a green and gold competition would be running and one hasnt been run yet.
Budding F1 Engineer

adrianjordan

N12ck wrote:but they did state on twitter that a green and gold competition would be running and one hasnt been run yet.
Green and Gold??

They ran a Black and Gold competition in December through their website - is this the one you're thinking of?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

N12ck

i took part in the black and gold comp here is the tweet stating they would run a green and gold comp, :

quote from tony fernandes twitter :
all those who took part in our black and gold competition we will still announce a winner. We paint a showcar.And we will launch green comp
4:14 PM Dec 11th, 2010 via ÜberTwitter
Budding F1 Engineer

Byronrhys

Why not just switch the black out for green and WALA! you have your green and gold plus the original winners designs still kinda gets used.

N12ck

well there is an issue, most people designed the car around the jps livery (as the winner did) and also the winners design looks too much like redbulls the liney stripes down the side, and also it doesnt stick with what the original lotus livery looked like, ie yellow stripe down middle
Budding F1 Engineer

FW17

Jarno Trulli has been running his mouth the past few days;
"One year I can suffer, another one no,"
"When I started, there was a lot of quality [in the F1 field] because many constructors tried to get winning drivers. Now the budgets of many teams are determined by the sponsorships brought in by drivers."
"Which is the real one?" the 36-year old asked in an interview with Italy's Gazzetta Sportiva newspaper on the spat between employer Lotus Racing and the rival Group Lotus entry, "We don't know, it's embarrassing, surreal."
Has Trulli been ditched by TF for a pay driver?
Lotus Racing – now Team Lotus – was on average almost half a year behind in its financial dealings
#-o #-o

H. Zedozil

Has Trulli been ditched by TF for a pay driver?
Lotus Racing – now Team Lotus – was on average almost half a year behind in its financial dealings
#-o #-o

For 2011, Trulli will be still driving for Team Lotus and I heard that Chandhok will be their test/3rd driver....Then in 2012, Chandhok will replace Trulli....dunno if this true...I hope it isn't
Last edited by H. Zedozil on 10 Jan 2011, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

H. Zedozil

Lotus to unveil car at first test in Valencia http://en.espnf1.com/lotus/motorsport/story/37798.html

H. Zedozil

imightbewrong wrote:What I have gathered so far:
- Will have pull-rod suspension at the back (source)
- Will use Renault engine (source)
- Will use RBR gearbox and hydraulics (source)
- Will use adjustable rear wing not KERS at the start of the season (source)
- Will use the classic black and gold livery (source)

Please keep the thread clean.
Team Lotus 2011 - Will use the classic green and yellow livery after Renault stole the idea of Black and Gold livery
- 2011 car looking much slicker (source)
- The 2011 car will be launch at the first test in Valencia
(source)

Florio

Odd from Trulli. Considering that Lotus is making progress and now has a decent workforce behind them, I am puzzled by the negative comments.

dren

Florio wrote:Odd from Trulli. Considering that Lotus is making progress and now has a decent workforce behind them, I am puzzled by the negative comments.
I'm getting the feeling he has realized this will be his last season in F1.
Honda!

N12ck

could this be the front wing of the lotus t128?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/21 ... page2.html
Budding F1 Engineer

ESPImperium

N12ck wrote:could this be the front wing of the lotus t128?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/21 ... page2.html
Posibly could be, but will probably be a Mk1-Ver01 as they wouldnt be dumb enough to put the latest Mk-Ver on a workbench for all to photograph in the lead up to the season.

But it does suggest that Gasgoyne and his team have a sleek looking car on its way for this season.

But untill i kno its called the T128 im still TBC on my data sheets.