Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

I think his parade lap was too agressive. He backed up the pack and did too many burn outs. His parade lap was very unussual and i think that may be to blame for the tyre failure. Exhaust definitely had a role to play with the tyre failure.

If not, then he just got a crappy pirelli. They seem to be 10 times more likely to have a dud in the batch than the bridgestone.
For Sure!!

italian
italian

So those turbine blades are needed only for brakes cooling exit?
Last edited by italian on 28 Nov 2011, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

beelsebob
beelsebob

italian wrote:So those turbine blades are needed only for brakes cooling exit?
I think that their secret is in the suspension layout; I think heating tyres with exhausts is too dangerous and not very adjustable.
I think you should stop stabbing in the dark guessing at what makes the RB7 such a good car. The reality is probably simply that it's a little bit better in all departments.

wesley123
wesley123

Sure it is about taking risks, but sure it is Pirelli's fault that teams go over the maximum described camber settings.

I cannot back this up in any way since I do not have the figures, set-ups nor telemetry of the teams but this was an story in Spa where mainly Red Bull ran over the maximum Camber settings that was declared safe by Pirelli. It surely cant be pirelli fault that they go over these limits?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

hollus

Mark Webber near the end of the Abu Dhabi race. AFAIK, the diagonal supporting strut for the tea-tray is a new feature.
Rivals, not enemies.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

The support is in the Monza picture.

Here it looks like it has failed. It is not attached to the chassis.

Brian

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

I don't think a new feature, it just conveniently broke.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

And what is your understanding about it being helpful to be broken?

Brian

ringo

Webber had a damage floor in abudabi. Remember that piece that was hanging off that looked like a black plasic bag?
Mark also damage the floor even more on his final pitstop by running wide over the curbs.
This may explain the broken strut.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

ringo wrote:Webber had a damage floor in abudabi. Remember that piece that was hanging off that looked like a black plasic bag?
That wasn't part of his floor though. It was a piece of rubber that got stuck to it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

ringo wrote:he just got a crappy pirelli. They seem to be 10 times more likely to have a dud in the batch than the bridgestone.
Evidence, or is this observer bias?

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

hardingfv32 wrote:And what is your understanding about it being helpful to be broken?

Brian
I'm just joking since everyone believe RB have a flexing floor which helps them out.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

ringo

richard_leeds wrote:
ringo wrote:he just got a crappy pirelli. They seem to be 10 times more likely to have a dud in the batch than the bridgestone.
How's 3 unforced punctures in 2 weekends sound?
For Sure!!

The FOZ
The FOZ

Reasoning absent of evidence = logic fail.

If you find a burned up tree in a forest surrounded by untouched ones, do you assume the tree was faulty and went up on it's own, or do you assume the cause may not be present any longer - maybe lightning struck it?

beelsebob
beelsebob

ringo wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:
How's 3 unforced punctures in 2 weekends sound?
Like an anecdote. If you don't get that your sample is too small, you clearly have no clue about statistics.