2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Edax

Re: 2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

edit double

strad

Manoah2u wrote:it was clear vettel cut them off, if vettel had not cut them that sharp NOBODY would have been hit, and everybody came out unscarred and max praised for his daring move, though kimi would have still kept in front of him afterwards. stop blaming max for vettel's fault, really. Exegaration over the top. Complaining how F1 has become a wuss sport, but the biggest wussies are the supposed fans that scream blood and murder when the glory days action happens on track instead of boring i have no b*lls and will use DRS like a wuss. Senna a hero, Schumacher a hero, Mansell a hero, all did exactly the same. and again, the fault was not with max, the fault was with seb vettel slamming into his own teammate for crying out loud. he probably would even had that 2nd place if he went a bit more wide, he had great traction in the corner and would have been right on the tail of Nico Rosberg.

Meanwhile , nobody noticing how awful DannyRic's start was?
Thank God someone gets it. Image
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

carisi2k

Schuttelberg wrote:
carisi2k wrote:Since Seb hit Kimi first. I would suggest that the incident was Sebs fault. I feel that Seb would have hit Kimi even if Max wasn't down the inside. Max should maybe have shown some caution and stayed out of the way instead of going for a small gap. Some people may say this is similar to Kyvats move in China but I would call BS on that. Kyvat had a gap that you could park a tank in. Max did not.
Disagree, strongly. I think Max's move was fine, as was Vettel's. It's the first lap, people are racing, accidents will happen. Kimi was absolutely helpless, like Seb was at China. It's racing, it happens.

What's beyond tolerable is Max's attitude in and post race. Seems to me like he has a lot of growing up to do.
I don't disagree with you on Max but Seb didn't leave any room on the inside for Kimi and he hit Kimi before Kimi made contact with Max. Seb went straight for the apex like it was a qualifying lap when he should have stayed wide, given room to Kimi and he would have came out in front of them.

PlatinumZealot

dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Initially no, but his driving this year is making it an absolute yes. As I and others have said, his driving is going to get himself, or someone else severely injured or killed. He's like Maldonado right now, a danger to everyone around him. And just because someone else did it in the past, and got away with it doesn't make it right!!!

He braked so late, he couldn't even keep his own car on the track (12 seconds in).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0D79b ... u.be&t=12s

If Kimi hits him at this speed he is going airborne, and would easily clear the catch fence. (1:20 in).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0D79b ... be&t=1m20s
I see nothing wrong here. Max did OK. A dangerous move. Badly timed, but legal. Similar to what Rosberg has done on a few occasions. Next time Kimi has to make his move earlier to force Max to make his one move earlier too, then overtake on the left and hope to hit the brakes later.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Nathanael F1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Initially no, but his driving this year is making it an absolute yes. As I and others have said, his driving is going to get himself, or someone else severely injured or killed. He's like Maldonado right now, a danger to everyone around him. And just because someone else did it in the past, and got away with it doesn't make it right!!!

He braked so late, he couldn't even keep his own car on the track (12 seconds in).

If Kimi hits him at this speed he is going airborne, and would easily clear the catch fence. (1:20 in).
I see nothing wrong here. Max did OK. A dangerous move. Badly timed, but legal. Similar to what Rosberg has done on a few occasions. Next time Kimi has to make his move earlier to force Max to make his one move earlier too, then overtake on the left and hope to hit the brakes later.
Then why was Max not penalized like Rosberg in Germany?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

LionKing

carisi2k wrote:I don't disagree with you on Max but Seb didn't leave any room on the inside for Kimi and he hit Kimi before Kimi made contact with Max. Seb went straight for the apex like it was a qualifying lap when he should have stayed wide, given room to Kimi and he would have came out in front of them.
Vettel did leave enough space but Kimi could not turn in beause of Max inside

Silent Storm

PlatinumZealot wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

If Kimi had done that he would have gotten out of the tow. You have to stay behind the car till the last second to successfully get a tow and pass the car in front.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

djos

LionKing wrote:
carisi2k wrote:I don't disagree with you on Max but Seb didn't leave any room on the inside for Kimi and he hit Kimi before Kimi made contact with Max. Seb went straight for the apex like it was a qualifying lap when he should have stayed wide, given room to Kimi and he would have came out in front of them.
Vettel did leave enough space but Kimi could not turn in beause of Max inside
https://s21.postimg.org/bdd2b17k7/Belgium_II.jpg
Every driver knows they need to watch what the other cars are doing before turning in, this is racing 101. Kimi clearly was watching Max as he adjusted his line, but Seb didn't and he caused the crash as a result.
"In downforce we trust"

dans79

djos wrote: Every driver knows they need to watch what the other cars are doing before turning in, this is racing 101. Kimi clearly was watching Max as he adjusted his line, but Seb didn't and he caused the crash as a result.
So the drivers are all supposed to be omniscient now?

Not only are they supposed to be aware of the car ahead, left, right, and behind, they now need to know about the guy 2 lanes over and 5 yards back?

Are they supposed to know where all 22 drivers are at all times?
197 104 103 7

Nathanael F1

I still can't believe that Verstappen didn't receive a single penalty. How can his defensive moves be legal if he didn't even stay on the track?

Here is VES vs. RAI (he's not even on the curb anymore):

And VES vs. Checo

So Vettel runs Massa off the track when he loses control in the wet and gets penalized. Rosberg gets spooked by Verstappen's swerving in the braking zone, goes wide, and gets a penalty. Then Verstappen runs two drivers off the track on the same corner so badly that even he can't stay on the track, no penalty. Someone help me reconcile this!

I guess Verstappen is still on a "honeymoon period" with the press and the stewards.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

dans79

Nathanael F1 wrote: Then Verstappen runs two drivers off the track on the same corner so badly that even he can't stay on the track, no penalty. Someone help me reconcile this!
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

I'm still waiting to see some onboard footage from either Lewis or Fernando at the start. Can't seem to find anything anywhere!! Be nice to see hiw Fernando got past and to see how they ended up just outside the points after a few laps.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:I'm still waiting to see some onboard footage from either Lewis or Fernando at the start. Can't seem to find anything anywhere!a
https://youtu.be/PuAwa9SqcI4

I haven't seen any on board footage either but you can see in the video that Lewis is in front of Alonso at the start. However he takes turn one very slowly and wide, while Alonso Dives for the Apex.

Basically it's the difference between a guy fighting for the championship and one with nothing to lose.
197 104 103 7

iotar__

It took 1 day for Red Bull to regroup and engage their salesmen with media fiction counter-offensive. All the Schmidts, Andersons and Brundles. The latter with the highlight: poor driving, lack of basic skills and wasting great opportunity is the way of 'intimidating' opposition #-o , just like, surprise, surprise, marketing by association and name dropping again, Senna and Schumacher (line straight out of RB's marketing department).

Rosberg winning the race when Mercedes was vulnerable in Q, Ricciardo cruising to second after messing up Q, Hamilton starting from the back and finishing on the podium, instead of laughing their a.. off they must be trembling. Raikkonen although at this stage couldn't outbrake a dizzy turtle didn't look 'intimidated' at the start either.

Poor start, poor first corners, poor pace, criminal and dangerous blocking, poor car control, lucky 11th from 2nd, 71 s behind = "max attack" for an F1 expert . The only intimated of Verstappen elements of F1 are walls and RB mechanics reassembling broken cars, perhaps strategy and pitstop people that would have to come up with another idea to make him look half decent. If anyone it's FIA doing their intimidation.

ripper

Alonso pit stop and small collision with a Force India wasn't an unsafe release? When it is considered unsafe?