2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

sosic2121 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Nico cracks under pressure anytime HAM in in tow. If history is anything to go by Ham will have no problem getting past at this track.
True, but I don't think he will be able to pass unless Nico makes mistake. Again!
With similar top-speed he could do it if he is clearly faster. If he gets the pole Nico could win.

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:We can safely assume that McLaren has overtaken Williams and Toro Rosso. With very long straights, they'll be behind Force India, not so long straights more than likely they can beat them now.
They'll be wrecked here by williams.

Pierce89

Juzh wrote:
godlameroso wrote:We can safely assume that McLaren has overtaken Williams and Toro Rosso. With very long straights, they'll be behind Force India, not so long straights more than likely they can beat them now.
Like they were at Spa?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ChrisDanger

Welcome to Monza!

Some refurbished jacks I imagine.

Secrecy in the Ferrari garage at home.

Cars still in pieces.

Verstappen faces the wrath of the Tifosi.

How many of these will explode on this high-speed circuit where riding the kerbs is key to a decent lap time?

New seat for Ocon.

Heineken's first official race sponsorship.

ChrisDanger

And now, witness the anthropomorphisation of a race track.

Juzh

Pierce89 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Like they were at Spa?
Alonso got lucky in spa. On pace williams was faster and will be in monza even more so.

ME4ME

Expecting Ferrari to be really strong this weekend. Possibly contending for victory if luck goes their way. I think they will be well clear of Red Bull, who in turn will be busy fighting off Force India.

dans79

ChrisDanger wrote:And now, witness the anthropomorphisation of a race track.
:roll:
197 104 103 7

TAG

ChrisDanger wrote:Welcome to Monza
Cars still in pieces.

I see a can of of WD40 in the background and it hit me, they should sponsor Sauber, the identical color to their livery.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Spoutnik

Last year Mercedes were really comfortable on pure pace. But I think they can be match on qualifying and also they can lose clearly the track position at the start. I think it will be more interesting than Spa. About the Merc driver from a purely theorical point of view It's more a track for Lewis and he showed that every year

godlameroso

Juzh wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
Juzh wrote: They'll be wrecked here by williams.
Like they were at Spa?
Alonso got lucky in spa. On pace williams was faster and will be in monza even more so.
As much as Monza is about straights, there's still corners, and I'd rather have a 12kph speed difference if I'm on average .3 faster in every turn. There's 7 turns, that's at least 1.5 second advantage in the turns vs a 1.3 second loss on the straights, a net gain of .2 per lap.
Saishū kōnā

Vasconia

Spoutnik wrote:Last year Mercedes were really comfortable on pure pace. But I think they can be match on qualifying and also they can lose clearly the track position at the start. I think it will be more interesting than Spa. About the Merc driver from a purely theorical point of view It's more a track for Lewis and he showed that every year
Its time for Ferrari(Sebastian wake up!) to make a good qualy!. I dont think they can achieve a pole but a second row should be possible. A nice start(like the ones we saw during the first races) and we could have an exciting race.

Vasconia

godlameroso wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: Like they were at Spa?
As much as Monza is about straights, there's still corners, and I'd rather have a 12kph speed difference if I'm on average .3 faster in every turn. There's 7 turns, that's at least 1.5 second advantage in the turns vs a 1.3 second loss on the straights, a net gain of .2 per lap.
But with the top speed of Williams they should be overtaken. Bu who knows, I still dont understand how Williams wasnt able to overtake Alonso in the last laps.

dren

Tires maybe, or fuel saving? I don't expect much to change here at Monza compared to Spa, other than Hamilton will start at the pointy end.
Honda!

Nathanael F1

Ferrari really needs a good weekend at Monza.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg