2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

iotar__ wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:If there's something called a sun dance or an anti-rain dance, Rosberg should be on it!
I hope it rains and he's quicker like in GB and USA 15.
I hope its more like Monaco 2016.............
197 104 103 7

GoranF1

iotar__ wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:If there's something called a sun dance or an anti-rain dance, Rosberg should be on it!
If it rains that gives more chance to better drivers like Alonso and Fernando.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GPR-A duplicate2

Worst picture you can imagine of a track. At first, I thought it might be a digital image, but no. Looks like a virgin track and wouldn't be as hard on tires as it was before. Very disappointing for that one factor. I just hope it grips less and offers a spectacle of sliding cars.

Schuttelberg

dans79 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
There's a vast difference between Rosberg and Hamilton in the wet. The only time Rosberg was 'quicker' than Hamilton was before Lap 44 on slicks in slippery conditions where Hamilton's TTemp's plummeted like a stone from the sky. If anyone is truly honest, they will acknowledge this. Again, I have no care in the world emotionally as to who becomes WDC of the two, but in any situation, on an equal playing field Hamilton is the better driver and while the gap is not big in the dry, it's quite wide in the wet. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the likes of Ricciardo & Vettel beat Rosberg in these conditions in the cars they currently have. That in itself, says a lot.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

Schuttelberg wrote:
dans79 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:I hope it rains and he's quicker like in GB and USA 15.
There's a vast difference between Rosberg and Hamilton in the wet. The only time Rosberg was 'quicker' than Hamilton was in Silverstone 2015, before Lap 44 on slicks in slippery conditions where Hamilton's TTemp's plummeted like a stone from the sky. If anyone is truly honest, they will acknowledge this. Again, I have no care in the world emotionally as to who becomes WDC of the two, but in any situation, on an equal playing field Hamilton is the better driver and while the gap is not big in the dry, it's quite wide in the wet. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the likes of Ricciardo & Vettel beat Rosberg in these conditions in the cars they currently have. That in itself, says a lot.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Vasconia

Schuttelberg wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:
dans79 wrote:
There's a vast difference between Rosberg and Hamilton in the wet. The only time Rosberg was 'quicker' than Hamilton was in Silverstone 2015, before Lap 44 on slicks in slippery conditions where Hamilton's TTemp's plummeted like a stone from the sky. If anyone is truly honest, they will acknowledge this. Again, I have no care in the world emotionally as to who becomes WDC of the two, but in any situation, on an equal playing field Hamilton is the better driver and while the gap is not big in the dry, it's quite wide in the wet. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the likes of Ricciardo & Vettel beat Rosberg in these conditions in the cars they currently have. That in itself, says a lot.
When it rains its very important the talent you have but also a car with a good downforce. This explain why the RB are always a tough rival when it rains. I wouldnt count Ricciardo as better than Lewis in wet but he usually is closer when it rains.

But yes Hamilton is cleary better under this condition. I wouldnt say that Nico is particularly bad but the guys around him(Vettel, Hamilton, Ricciardo) are really good in wet. (Iwould count Alonso but his McLaren is too far).

GPR-A duplicate2

GoranF1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
I bet. They BOTH are great drivers and my favorites too.. :lol: :lol:

GPR-A duplicate2

iotar__ wrote:
And still lose like he did in both of those races.

hemichromis

GoranF1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
I think Fernando is better than Alonso! Can i start a VS thread?

GoranF1

GPR-A wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
I bet. They BOTH are great drivers and my favorites too.. :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u

GPR-A wrote:Worst picture you can imagine of a track. At first, I thought it might be a digital image, but no. Looks like a virgin track and wouldn't be as hard on tires as it was before. Very disappointing for that one factor. I just hope it grips less and offers a spectacle of sliding cars.

http://i0.wp.com/www.grandprix247.com/w ... =750%2C497
what's wrong with this picture? that it shows new asphalt?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

hemichromis wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
I think Fernando is better than Alonso! Can i start a VS thread?
lol.

go ahead ,

start a Alonso VS Fernando thread. please, do! :P
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:
GPR-A wrote:Worst picture you can imagine of a track. At first, I thought it might be a digital image, but no. Looks like a virgin track and wouldn't be as hard on tires as it was before. Very disappointing for that one factor. I just hope it grips less and offers a spectacle of sliding cars.

Yeah. May be it's just me, but a worn out look for a racing track looks classical. Besides, I think we already have a lot of brand new tracks where 1 stoppers are ruining the show due to new asphalt, with which comes low abrasion. Malaysia was at least placing a lot of demand the on whole car, including the tires. I am afraid, One less parameter in there.

turbof1

GPR-A wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Yeah. May be it's just me, but a worn out look for a racing track looks classical. Besides, I think we already have a lot of brand new tracks where 1 stoppers are ruining the show due to new asphalt, with which comes low abrasion. Malaysia was at least placing a lot of demand the on whole car, including the tires. I am afraid, One less parameter in there.
Well, classic circuits in classic era's also got a resurface from time to time.

I think concerning pitstops we will be just fine. It might go a bit lighter on the tyres, but this is still one of the most punishing tracks concerning tyres. The corners and the hot conditions put a lot of energy in the tyres.

Let's not dramatise an otherwise necessary update to the track. A circuit that does not receive a resurfacing for years, will eventually create big enough bumps and pits where cars will break their suspension. Plus, the new black will rapidly evolve when it gets subjected to F1 cars and marbles. By sunday the track surface might have a noticable different and more "classic" look.
#AeroFrodo

godlameroso

Not just that Sepang is a circuit that sees regular use, Moto GP, Super GT, Asian LMS, various junior formula races, various GT races, HPDE's and amateur driving events, track days, etc. The resurfacing happened a few months ago and there's already been plenty of racing. I'm pretty sure the new surface is already broken in.
Saishū kōnā