2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

Yes, and GP2 will rubber the track with "correct" rubber before F1. The different rubber was the problem in Singapore with the strong track development.
Don`t russel the hamster!

F1NAC

It will be interesting to see how teams will preform on hard tire because it is only mandatory tyre for race. Probably Mercedes will show strong pace on them and others will struggle a bit more.

ChrisDanger

GPR-A wrote:Worst picture you can imagine of a track. At first, I thought it might be a digital image, but no. Looks like a virgin track and wouldn't be as hard on tires as it was before. Very disappointing for that one factor. I just hope it grips less and offers a spectacle of sliding cars.

The track was was resurfaced between February and May this year. At the very beginning of the video I posted earlier Jarno Zaffelli explains there is a process where the bitumen peels off and the track develops a lighter colour, where the "grip levels will change a bit". That photo was probably taken very soon after the resurfacing.

So although MotoGP riders experienced problems during a Michelin tyre test in early July, an investigation was performed and steps taken "to ensure that such a situation does not recur" and "to further improve the track to the highest standards."

GoranF1

F1NAC wrote:It will be interesting to see how teams will preform on hard tire because it is only mandatory tyre for race. Probably Mercedes will show strong pace on them and others will struggle a bit more.
Do you think Mclaren will come closer to Ferrari now whit this new PU update in terms of pace(there will be penalty)?
Considering Mclaren drivers quality being considerbly better than Ferrari.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

GoranF1 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:It will be interesting to see how teams will preform on hard tire because it is only mandatory tyre for race. Probably Mercedes will show strong pace on them and others will struggle a bit more.
Do you think Mclaren will come closer to Ferrari now whit this new PU update in terms of pace(there will be penalty)?
Out of top 10? Maybe 10th. This about drivers.... eh you're funny.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thunder

All the Changes made to the Sepang Circuit. With Pictures and Arrows. ^^

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analy ... ms-830812/
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

F1NAC wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Out of top 10? Maybe 10th. This about drivers.... eh you're funny.

Thank you.

ChrisDanger

Track looks a bit lighter, not so much in the foreground, but in the middle/rear right of the shot below.

AMuS should have some photos up soon, which I'll post here as usual.

godlameroso

This is a very aero dependent circuit. The McLaren apparently struggles with grip coming out of corners, and there's a few here, but it's good in high speed turns of which there are plenty here. They are also very good under braking which is also important here. I'd say they'll be more or less where they've been the last few races position wise, but they'll be closer to the leaders overall here. If they take a penalty I still think one of them has a chance to get points.

If you see 39's during the long runs from Mercedes, you know it's over. Last year they were doing 44's and 43's during the race, the track should be a bit faster than last year, and the Mercedes has improved by a second and a half since last year. I'd like to say 41's high 40's is more realistic, and I would be very satisfied if Mclaren could do low 42's on their long runs.
Saishū kōnā

iotar__

godlameroso wrote:This is a very aero dependent circuit. The McLaren apparently struggles with grip coming out of corners, and there's a few here, but it's good in high speed turns of which there are plenty here. They are also very good under braking which is also important here. I'd say they'll be more or less where they've been the last few races position wise, but they'll be closer to the leaders overall here. If they take a penalty I still think one of them has a chance to get points.

If you see 39's during the long runs from Mercedes, you know it's over. Last year they were doing 44's and 43's during the race, the track should be a bit faster than last year, and the Mercedes has improved by a second and a half since last year. I'd like to say 41's high 40's is more realistic, and I would be very satisfied if Mclaren could do low 42's on their long runs.
You mean if they're quicker they're winning ;-)?
- If they're quicker over one lap they're winning regardless of FP2.
- Based on nothing, Ferrari/RB might be closer than usual here
- FP2 times weren't usually indication of Mercedes' advantage.

About Rosberg- Hamilton, people (media) get too excited about 5-10 points one way or another. 6 races = 150 points. Saying that Rosberg should worry about rain is the wrong direction, basic statistics shows that if you need to count on rain you should be worried. I don't think it's the case either way.

godlameroso

I meant no one will even bother them. I kind of want to see another team putting pressure on them it'll make the last few races more interesting.
Saishū kōnā

F1NAC

Alonso will start from the back of the grid because of new PU

GoranF1

F1NAC wrote:Alonso will start from the back of the grid because of new PU
Are you happy? :D

F1NAC

I don't care. :D

ChrisDanger

I was hoping would show more of the track surface, since it's such a talking point, but I've included the only two in the album of the start/finish straight.