2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

RedNEO wrote:
basti313 wrote:
a1b2i3r45 wrote: Not only Alo was side by side, he was actually ahead by a bit; before Massa shut the door and causing them to touch wheels and the impact resulted in Massa going off road.
Come on...I know it is difficult to talk about Alonso here. Let us talk about a black car and a white car.

I can see a black car that divebombed into a corner, where there is normally not any thought on overtaking. This car did not even make this divebomb fit to the track limits even though it was touched and pushed to the inside.
Sorry, but being side by side or being ahead does not give the corner solely to you if you do not use the brakes in the right moment.
We were discussing here about a red car in Malaysia not hitting the curb by one or two meters...it was given a penalty. Here we are talking about a car not making the corner by more than the width of the car.
Will let the stewards be the judge of that not you
We usually discuss race situations here. Not only stewards decisions. You missed this so far?
RedNEO wrote:People complain when there is no wheel to wheel racing and then complain when there is wheel to wheel racing. ALO was driver of the race he gave us entertainment in what would have been a dull race. Good damage limitation by Rosberg hoping he wins next week to get this nearly wrapped up.
Divebombing is no wheel to wheel racing. Ric vs. Ves in Malaysia was wheel to wheel racing. This was a nonsense move.
Don`t russel the hamster!

RedNEO

basti313 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
basti313 wrote: Come on...I know it is difficult to talk about Alonso here. Let us talk about a black car and a white car.

I can see a black car that divebombed into a corner, where there is normally not any thought on overtaking. This car did not even make this divebomb fit to the track limits even though it was touched and pushed to the inside.
Sorry, but being side by side or being ahead does not give the corner solely to you if you do not use the brakes in the right moment.
We were discussing here about a red car in Malaysia not hitting the curb by one or two meters...it was given a penalty. Here we are talking about a car not making the corner by more than the width of the car.
Will let the stewards be the judge of that not you
We usually discuss race situations here. Not only stewards decisions. You missed this so far?
RedNEO wrote:People complain when there is no wheel to wheel racing and then complain when there is wheel to wheel racing. ALO was driver of the race he gave us entertainment in what would have been a dull race. Good damage limitation by Rosberg hoping he wins next week to get this nearly wrapped up.
Divebombing is no wheel to wheel racing. Ric vs. Ves in Malaysia was wheel to wheel racing. This was a nonsense move.
Felipe is that you? Calm down Felipe baby

Edax
Edax

basti313 wrote:
a1b2i3r45 wrote: Not only Alo was side by side, he was actually ahead by a bit; before Massa shut the door and causing them to touch wheels and the impact resulted in Massa going off road.
Come on...I know it is difficult to talk about Alonso here. Let us talk about a black car and a white car.

Then I have the perfect solution for you. We mill two slots in the track, all the way round, fit the cars with a tracing pin, and have the drivers sit in a safe room guiding their machines around with a joystick. No contact. Added benefit is that we can do away with the petrol engine completely, as moving to all electric is no problem at all.

Today I have seen much more daring maneuvres excecuted by a couple of guys who's safety cell is a leather jacket. And that was a pretty good race to watch.

Safety is good, no question, and we are not here to watch crashes. But if we start to question who should be punished every time a bit of carbon becomes dislodged, then we might do away with racing altogether.

Sevach
Sevach

Stewards are too trigger happy with VSC, so much that i think we need slow zones instead of going directly to full course yellow.

Rosberg was punished this year for a less agressive push off than what Alonso made.
Also a few years back i think Hamilton got a penalty for overtaking going off the track and keeping the position which is what happened against Sainz.

RedNEO

Anyway what actually happened is Alonso was along side Massa even slightly ahead and Massa took the corner like Alonso was a ghost. They bumped wheels, the end. If anything it's a racing incident, even Martin Brundle thinks it was ok.

RedNEO

And the stewards agreed with me yeehaaa!!

Andrew Benson @andrewbensonf1
35s
No further action re Alonso-Massa overtake
Last edited by RedNEO on 24 Oct 2016, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

notsofast
notsofast

Fernando 'Perpetual P5' Alonso wrote:Yee Ha!
Best moment of the race.

RedNEO

notsofast wrote:
Fernando 'Perpetual P5' Alonso wrote:Yee Ha!
Best moment of the race.
Loved that moment. What a way to do it on the penultimate lap!! #badass

iotar__

RedNEO wrote:And the stewards agreed with me yiihaaa!!

35s
You can all agree also that 2+2=22. At least Whiting and co are admitting they manipulated WDC several times in Hamilton's favour. There are zero objective criteria that justify giving Rosberg ten seconds for Malaysia, 5 for Germany and nothing here. No need for clarifications either, it all depends on who hits who, but at least "new" rules for changing directions are there :wtf: .

Complete hypocrite Alonso deserves his every second at McLaren and every whiny, childish radio message. This corrupted pseudo sport reached its new low.

diego.liv
diego.liv

RedNEO thanks for sharing your logic
-basti313 disagrees w/ you, "doesn't matter"
-the phenomenal Martin Brundle agrees w/ you, "look a VIP agrees with me!"

Shame for Hulkenberg, could have outscored Williams again

RedNEO

diego.liv wrote:RedNEO thanks for sharing your logic
-basti313 disagrees w/ you, "doesn't matter"
-the phenomenal Martin Brundle agrees w/ you, "look a VIP agrees with me!"

Shame for Hulkenberg, could have outscored Williams again
Nothing to do with with 'VIP' but one has raced in F1 and one hasn't so it's obvious who's opinion I might respect more here.

Wynters
Wynters

Is there some sort of parallel thread where sane people discuss the race in an effort to share insights and develop knowledge?

I've tried looking for it in the 'Formula One races' forum but this is the only one I could find.

RedNEO

iotar__ wrote:
RedNEO wrote:And the stewards agreed with me yiihaaa!!

35s
You can all agree also that 2+2=22. At least Whiting and co are admitting they manipulated WDC several times in Hamilton's favour. There are zero objective criteria that justify giving Rosberg ten seconds for Malaysia, 5 for Germany and nothing here. No need for clarifications either, it all depends on who hits who, but at least "new" rules for changing directions are there :wtf: .

Complete hypocrite Alonso deserves his every second at McLaren and every whiny, childish radio message. This corrupted pseudo sport reached its new low.
For the record I disagreed with pretty much all the decisions they made against Rosberg including that one was hard racing, and that's what I like. That's why I'm gunning for Rosberg to win it even more now. The rest of your post is just nonsense so I won't even respond to it.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Legal move or not, McLaren were racing Williams today. Since Hungary, McLaren have outscored Williams 42 - 38. The gulf to the front is massive, but they are beginning to challenge Force India as best of the rest at times.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Not sure about the comparison's between Alonso-Massa and Rosberg-Kimi in Malaysia, those two incidents are quite different.