Your Highlights of the 2016 F1 season

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Your Highlights of the 2016 F1 season

The Wet races were all pretty good. Nico Crashing into Lewis in Austria was also a big moment. I don't know about others but I really like the Baku track - it had an old school feeling of real danger to it.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Gaz.

Highlights- Max & Daniel in Malaysia, epic stuff. Force India's amazing season. The racing in general has been quite good (although the first hour of Singapore must have been one of the most boring races for ten years). Max vs Nico at Silverstone, Max in Brazil. Alonso at the Spanish GP press conference "they swapped the drivers????"

Lowlights- the treatment of Kvyat by Marko was dreadful but the media tortured him, they were clearly trying to make him cry in the Spanish driver's press conference. Hamilton's engine blow up in Malaysia, it ended the driver's championship with 5 races to go and deflated the season as a whole.
Forza Jules

Mattchu

The giant lizard crossing the road/track in Singapore...

Manoah2u

yes, that was memorable
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Schuttelberg

Highlights?

For me, racing is all about wheel to wheel fights for wins. I absolutely loved the Austrian GP duel between the Mercedes drivers and the Malaysian GP duel between the Red Bull drivers.

Outside this?

I think Verstappen was a revelation. Breathtaking to watch, although he could use a mouth freshener.
I thought Vettel was either hot or not on weekends. He was at his imperious best at Singapore and Abu Dhabi and while he could have picked his fights in Mexico, I loved his passion! About time someone told Charlie Whiting what F1 fans think of him and the stewards.

Off the track?

Rosberg's retirement and the Red Bull swap were truly gobsmacking!

Disappointing?

Mercedes-Benz micro-management of drivers. I don't think they intentionally screwed Hamilton, but their naive nature at Abu Dhabi was quite pathetic. Also, this season reminded us that Hamilton can still be the same drama queen of his McLaren days. His PC tantrums along with the constant criticism of change of mechanics and engine penalties were getting a bit tiresome. We don't know the full story about Spain, but he has let the cat out of the bag in the sense that there's something confidential he's quite eager to share. His 'first time he's won in 18 years' was also quite distasteful. All in all, Hamilton, who I'd become a bit of a fan of has been really disappointing in 2016!!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"