Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

If only Ferrari hadn't annoyed him and then bribed sorry, paid him to vacate his seat. :roll:

komninosm
komninosm

djos wrote:Lewis is almost level with Schumi, the same cant be said for his attempt on Maldonardo were he is barely halfway along and the turn in early stuf is BS, Maldo is clearly defending which he is entitled to do as he is the driver in front - it's up to Lewis to overtake Maldo safely not crash into him.
Pandamasque's pics disagree with you. Schumi and Maldo are about the same.
Maldo is allowed to defend, but not drive into an other car along side him. It's racing basics and FIA screwed up again on a track that needs all the help it can get in overtaking.

komninosm
komninosm

Pandamasque wrote:Image

by someone called Bernard
Hillarious ^.^
People are people so what can you do? /sing
andrew wrote:
komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote:Regarding Hamilton's apology via Twitter:

Is an apology not an admission of guilt or is Hamilton not serious with his apology? :wink:
It is an admission of guilt and he's probably not really serious. I think he's saying what he's told to say. It's Twitter, he doesn't even have to type it himself (or keep an honest face).

PS: He admits to guilt in calling them ridiculous drivers not for the incidents.
So not only is he a bad sport, he is insincere and untrustworthy. What a wonderful role model for some kids to have(!)

I thought he apologised for the hole shamble of driving into his opponents and then bad mouthing them.

Yes, that's my extremely cynical opinion of him and most other people. He is only a role model for drivers. Just like Tiger Woods isn't a role model for husbands and marriage (well maybe he is to some >.<)

PS: He didn't drive into others, as the evidence shows it was all Maldo's fault and Massa probably had fault too (he even broke part of his front wing on Webber some say). Look at the pics in the previous pages. FIA is wrong once again.
andrew wrote:Regarding Singapore last year, it is a totally different scenario so no reasonable comparision can be made IMHO.
It's slightly different with some similarities. Calling them nearly identical or totally different are exercises in hyperbole.
But the thing is I didn't ask you to compare them. I asked you to acknowledge that your stance on the Webber-Ham incident back then when it happened was different to your stance on that same incident in this thread all this time later. So what changed in your perception of a single event? Could it be... [-o<

ringo

Ciro Pabón wrote:Lewis is a cheater and his fans are blind. There is no excuse for what he did, no matter how many "analysis" they post.

Don't feed the trolls, they're already too fat.

Don't worry.

Your going to forget it by next week, and your going to be a big Hamilton fan again.

You can't fight it.
For Sure!!

Mr Alcatraz

andrew wrote:If only Ferrari hadn't annoyed him and then bribed sorry, paid him to vacate his seat. :roll:
To be clear my point was that by going Raikkonen (actually Hakkinen is a better example because Kimi could get really crude) is to be a dull, yet sincere interview. I know Hakkinen said some witty things but to be honest, because of cultural reasons a lot of it flew over this So Cal's head. The race is over and I'm on way to the beach anyway. I don't care if these competitors are "interesting" My interest is in the race.
I was not a big fan of Kimi right before he came to The Red Side simply because he drove an evil McLaren :wink: But I was on board when he broke in and recognized the talent in non championship threatening machinery. Of course I pulled hard for him when he did become a Scud, just like I do for every Ferrari pilot. Everything else being equal I am of a very strong belief that Fred is a better total package, and I'm glad they made the deal. As for public comments I also think that Alonso has shown a lot of class in his time at Ferrari, (after being guilty of a lot of bad behavior elsewhere), and has publicly availed himself quite well.
That is to be expected from a veteran IMO, just like most of the veterans in the field project themselves.
At the same time, and I can not iterate too strongly, there is no substitute for talent regardless of mine or anyone else’s opinion, unless it is wasted.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Giblet
Giblet

Please try to calm the discussion over the Hamilton incidents. It does not appear to be going anywhere, and people are getting uppity. Nobody can _know_ if he was serious, so at worse he thinks that his color may be a factor, and at best it was a joke said in poor taste.

In this day and age, race is far less of an issue, and bigoted people are rapidly becoming dinosaurs. Lewis is very proud of his race and has had issues with it in his career that where completely out of his control as in Spain after Alonso left Mclaren and all the black face paint. it was classless and ignorant, but I have to say that as much as Lewis was obviously joking, a driver needs to show respect to how far 'racialness' has gone to not being an issue.

Please take this image for the joke it is, hopefully making things a little nicer in here.

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andrew
andrew

Just this photo on the Autocar webstie.

Can someone tell me why Hamiltons front wheels are hardly turned?

Surely on the exit of the hairpin, especially when you are passing another car (or trying to pass), the passer should be steering as much as the passee?

Good photo though if anyone wants is for an avatar or anything like that.

PlatinumZealot

Giblet wrote:Please try to calm the discussion over the Hamilton incidents. It does not appear to be going anywhere, and people are getting uppity. Nobody can _know_ if he was serious, so at worse he thinks that his color may be a factor, and at best it was a joke said in poor taste.

In this day and age, race is far less of an issue, and bigoted people are rapidly becoming dinosaurs. Lewis is very proud of his race and has had issues with it in his career that where completely out of his control as in Spain after Alonso left Mclaren and all the black face paint. it was classless and ignorant, but I have to say that as much as Lewis was obviously joking, a driver needs to show respect to how far 'racialness' has gone to not being an issue.

Please take this image for the joke it is, hopefully making things a little nicer in here.
Very Ignorant post!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

andrew wrote:Just this photo on the Autocar webstie.

Because he is driving and F1 car andrew? :roll:

Watch the onboard he was full lock all the way through.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

andrew
andrew

Not according to that photo. Compare the front wheels with Massa's.

HampusA

n smikle wrote:
Giblet wrote:Please try to calm the discussion over the Hamilton incidents. It does not appear to be going anywhere, and people are getting uppity. Nobody can _know_ if he was serious, so at worse he thinks that his color may be a factor, and at best it was a joke said in poor taste.

Very Ignorant post!
why would you say that?
Race in most parts of the world has no meaning anymore, people are so mixed with each other these days that nobody really cares where the hell your ancestors came from or what color your skin is.

I guess America (where they put people with a certain background in a certain place) is different...
The truth will come out...

Poleman

Anyone notice the big chunk thats missing from Massa's nosecone?That sure isnt caused by Hamilton...

andrew
andrew

Never noticed that before. Wonder who he drove into?

ringo

He drove into webber when he knee jerked into moving twice to block hamilton from taking the inside.
Massa simply caused both incidents.

Hamilton's intention was to go beside Massa, boxing him in behind webber. This way he could potentially have a go at webber later without having to worry about Massa.

Massa saw that he was going to be boxed in behind webber, so he pulled out from behind webber to prevent hamilton from completing the move.
It was when he pulled out that he scrubbed webber.
For Sure!!

Twaddle
Twaddle

andrew wrote:Just this photo on the Autocar webstie.

Obviously I can't be certain, but I'd go with it being because his wheel is planted flat against Massa's sidepod. More lock would require the back of the wheel next to Massa to move out more, which it can't do because there's no space.