Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
donskar

Re: Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

@beelsebob:

You are probably right, but something always happens to McLaren this year.

Vettel looks good for WDC and RBR for WCC, but McL leads the WCS (woulda coulda shoulda).
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

thestig84

I agree beelsebob. I am going to this race. Its always been my favourite race and I am hoping to see Hamilton enjoy himself as much as he has in previous years. I think Mclaren are in with a shout of pole if they dont try and be too cleaver again!

Hopefully I have sorted a look around the Mclaren garage on Thursday pitwalk so will try and get some snaps up here if I can get wireless.

Cant wait!!

Undead_Mud

Soft/Super Soft for Canada! Seriously ??

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2011/0 ... rand-prix/

beelsebob

Undead_Mud wrote:Soft/Super Soft for Canada! Seriously ??

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2011/0 ... rand-prix/
The theory was that the high wear rate last year was caused by the tyres being too hard – too hard == not enough grip == more sliding == more degradation.

Undead_Mud

Ah ok that could make sense. I was just surprised to see supersofts, after reading here about high tire wear last year.

raymondu999

It wasn't so much wear though if I remember correctly; it was graining. These Pirellis interestingly enough seesm to be suffering higher wear; but doesn't grain as much.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Byronrhys

raymondu999 wrote:It wasn't so much wear though if I remember correctly; it was graining. These Pirellis interestingly enough seesm to be suffering higher wear; but doesn't grain as much.
Yup, the Bridgestones tended to grain on tracks like Australia and Monaco, the pirellis problem is more so degradation/wear over a shorter time. So it might not go the same as the previous years.

CyleB

I think the only thing that will stop him is if Vettel is still sleeping with lady luck![/quote]

really 5 out of 6 is luck i think not
Look mama I'm going fast- Ricky Bobby

CyleB

^^^ are you referring to Hamiltons height????

sorry couldn't resist

beelsebob

CyleB wrote:
I think the only thing that will stop him is if Vettel is still sleeping with lady luck!
really 5 out of 6 is luck i think not
I don't think anyone is claiming 5 out of 6 is luck – they're claiming monaco was luck.

CyleB

^^^ what i am saying is that there is no luck with a race like Monaco as late in the race it was it is impossible to overtake something would have had to go terribly wrong for Vettel to lose the kid is an amazing drive and he doesnt need to be sleeping with lady luck to win

beelsebob

CyleB wrote:^^^ what i am saying is that there is no luck with a race like Monaco as late in the race it was it is impossible to overtake something would have had to go terribly wrong for Vettel to lose the kid is an amazing drive and he doesnt need to be sleeping with lady luck to win
Even with that assumption in mind – he got a free pit stop over button at the start – button would have had track position without the bad luck. We're getting OT for the canada thread though.

CyleB

free pitstop wasnt Vettels 1 and only stop almost 30 seconds???

agreed discussion over

HampusA

CyleB wrote:^^^ what i am saying is that there is no luck with a race like Monaco as late in the race it was it is impossible to overtake something would have had to go terribly wrong for Vettel to lose the kid is an amazing drive and he doesnt need to be sleeping with lady luck to win
There is no such thing as luck but he definitely got some help to fend of the Ferrari and Mclaren at Monaco with the red flag at the end.
He could then put on super softs and as we know, the RBR get´s them up to temperature much quicker the it´s competitors. Which could be seen as he just took of but in the end only was a second ahead.

He´s had some things happen in his favour but it´s racing, next time it might go the other way.
The truth will come out...

Mandrake

In addition: Vettel's just getting the payback from last season, it was absurd how much BAD luck he had last year, I'm glad to see this season starts way better for him.

The biggest challenge will be the setting up of the gear ratios for the cars. With 2 DRS zones, endless straights and hopefully close battles with many DRS allowances it is utterly important to have enough revs in reserve to use the full potential!