Belgian GP 2011 - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
HampusA

Re: Belgian GP 2011 - Spa-Francorchamps

Yes he does. He said it himself.

You know Hamitlon says what he thinks. When he smashed of Maldonado in Monaco many put most of the blame on Hamilton, including me.
What did Hamilton do? He stood on his feet and claimed he wasn´t at fault.
If he says that it was his fault and he really thinks that then he will say it obviously.

It´s not about seeing it in different ways.

Just because you have an opinion doesn´t make it right. For example because you are his biggest fan like Ringo who MANY time have defended Hamilton from sheer stupidity.

You might see it like that but i guess people who have raced, the race marshalls, HAMILTON HIMSELF, KAMUI KOBAYAHSI etc sees things abit clearer.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Hamilton thought he had enough room but clearly did not.
IT IS NOT KAMUI`S JOB TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. it´s Hamilton´s job to ensure he makes a clean pass.
and actually passes the guy before taking the line.
The truth will come out...

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:Wake up and smell the coffee, Hamilton thought he had enough room but clearly did not.
IT IS NOT KAMUI`S JOB TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. it´s Hamilton´s job to ensure he makes a clean pass.
You've said this many times – that it's the job of the person overtaking to make sure it's clean. Given that Hamilton was fully ahead at the start of the straight, wouldn't that make it Kamui's job to keep out of the way, by your own logic?

HampusA

When Hamilton takes the line, that means he´s passed Kamui.
Not once did he take the line. Why? Because when he tried he drove right into Kamui.

It was a simple mistake by Hamilton which he took FULL responsibility for.
To even put an ounce of blame to Kamui is very low in my opinion.

It´s funny because i respect this forum alot in terms of the technical aspect of F1.
But i have to say reading the comments from some people in certain races is baffling.

Racing is completely different to the techincal aspect of F1.
And it shows pretty clearly by some people.
The truth will come out...

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:When Hamilton takes the line, that means he´s passed Kamui.
Not once did he take the line. Why? Because when he tried he drove right into Kamui.
Really? This looks a lot like Hamilton on the racing line fully ahead of Kamui to me:

FrukostScones

HampusA wrote:....
Wake up and smell the coffee, Hamilton thought he had enough room but clearly did not.
I think it is Kobayashi trying to pass Hamilton, not the other way round. :?
Kobayashi has to ensure to make a clean pass. It was a bold action by Kobayshi to try regain the position and completly without sense concerning his race, I mean how many laps he thought he could then keep Hamilton behind him....
And to strad, your photos tell nothing!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Richard

Pup wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:What line did the car in the middle take around that move and what line did the car on the kerb follow?
I think the point is that Kobayashi had room to move over. Some said that he didn't, and the photo removes that argument from the equation.
The collision was inevitable, if Koby was further left it only moves the site of the accident.

Compare it to the other moves that took place at that corner. The car in the middle left enough room for the car on the left. That's why I asked what line Massa took on that apex, he left room for Hamilon.

It really is terribly simply, Hamilton swung left thinking the track was empty, it wasn't, so there was a collision.

beelsebob

richard_leeds wrote:llision was inevitable, if Koby was further left it only moves the site of the accident.

Compare it to the other moves that took place at that corner. The car in the middle left enough room for the car on the left. That's why I asked what line Massa took on that apex, he left room for Hamilon.

It really is terribly simply, Hamilton swung left thinking the track was empty, it wasn't, so there was a collision.
Agreed – note, this is still my opinion of the incident. Please keep in mind with my posts up-thread a little that I'm pointing out deficiencies in HampusA's arguments, not in the conclusion.

mx_tifoso

Twas a great weekend in the Ardennes, only blemished by the non-stop bickering we see now, so let's move forth ward to the Parco Nazionale di Monza...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.