Italian GP 2011 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Italian GP 2011 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 15 Sep 2011, 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Mr Alcatraz

Mr Alcatraz wrote:
thatnoone wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote: Ringster I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one. After saying that Alonso forced him onto the grass, in the post race interview (which to me it looks like Alonso may have been guilty of scaring him onto the grass) when asked about it Fred said (not exact words) here at Monza we maybe were a little harder on him than elsewhere. Sorry!
So Alonso apologizes for from what the video appears to show was just balls to the wall racing with room left on the track, and no sudden lunges at him. Vettel goes from the interview room to the stewards after the freakin' guy apologizes.
I'm a little disappointed in that behavior. Maybe I missed something. I'm stopping short of bashing Vettel. I just think it was a little over the top on his behalf. I don't know maybe it's a cultural thing.
to be fair. I don't think Seb would do those to any drivers. He's pretty clean with the exception of istanbul & melbourne.. he's very vocal if you remember Spa of 2010 with kubica incident.. did you saw how he talked to the pirelli guy with regards to the blistering.. he was poking him & arguing with him. he gets what he wants.
What do you think he wants, and will get from the Stewards?

thatnoone
thatnoone

just ignore previous post..
haha we're off topic

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Whitmarsh criticises Schumacher's defensive driving

8)

Anyways, the rough racing was what made this race a decent one as it was won rather easily by the RB7. No one was shunted off and the maneuvers weren't over the top.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

Yes but Whitmarsh isn't impartial though; he has criticized most people who have had incidents with a McLaren this year (e.g. Maldonado; Massa in Monaco, Webber on Turn 1 in Canada, Kobayashi in Spa etc. Sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly. Point being, he's not impartial.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Honestly, it's not even about what Whitmarsh said. The point was to read the responses by the 'drivers'. ;) Have a laugh.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

Oh! I didn't notice it was F1 slate! Sorry. :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

komninosm
komninosm

ringo wrote:What kind of loop hole is this?

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/71 ... consulted-
A steward told me after the race that he was very frustrated not to have been consulted during the race, particularly as he takes a very dim view of what he perceived as blocking
'I asked race director Charlie Whiting if the stewards can call up issues for themselves if they are not happy with something they see, and he said: "Absolutely".

'The procedure which did happen was race control spoke with the team and gave a warning which translated into two radio calls from team principal Ross Brawn to Schumacher to leave more space for Hamilton.'
plea bargain right here, and code in red. Hmm.. this sets the stage for serious fixing and manipulation.

Shumacher wasn't passed, he was asked to move over as a nicer penalty.

As for Vettel....
Brundle also added that Sebastian Vettel urged officials to look into his incident with Fernando Alonso. The Red Bull driver was left with very little space after attempting to over the Spaniard and was forced onto the grass at Curva Grande.
Dude won the race and he's whining to stewards becuase he got a little dirt on his socks. :?
I take back all the ratings of bravery on the overtake. :lol:

Shumacher would have made this guy wet him self and short out the KERS.
That's so sad if true :(

At least we got this:
I LOLed several times ;p

FW17

Is this right?

After a defensive move to hold the position, if the driver behind is still well behind then it is alright to go back to the racing line

Mandrake
Mandrake

ringo wrote: As for Vettel....
Brundle also added that Sebastian Vettel urged officials to look into his incident with Fernando Alonso. The Red Bull driver was left with very little space after attempting to over the Spaniard and was forced onto the grass at Curva Grande.
Dude won the race and he's whining to stewards becuase he got a little dirt on his socks. :?

Is there actually proof that it happened that way? Brundle sometimes seems a bit bitchy about "sensational" things. Vettel said post race that Alonso was probably not aware of him being there. So there was no need to visit the Stewards to complain about it.

Mr Alcatraz

Mandrake wrote:
ringo wrote: As for Vettel....

Is there actually proof that it happened that way? Brundle sometimes seems a bit bitchy about "sensational" things. Vettel said post race that Alonso was probably not aware of him being there. So there was no need to visit the Stewards to complain about it.
Alonso's explanation and apology appears at 5:38 in the vid. Brundle and others have blown it way out of proportion it looks like Alonso was actually joking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4AMew33MXM

Here is one report that Vettel asked the stewards to decide if Fred should be penalized!
It's been revealed that Vettel approached the race stewards, which included former driver Derek Daly, and the FIA after the race, requesting they look at the footage to decide whether or not Ferrari driver should have been penalized.
http://totalf1.com/details/view/391701/ ... e/#comment

Vettel has a right to make this request regardless of whether Alonso is joking or not.
I have a sneaking suspicion Horner put him up to it just to rub salt in the wound, but maybe Vettel feels he needs to protect the rest of the field from dangerous drivers like Alonso :-k :roll:

raymondu999

After rewatching the GP (which I always do after the blood pressure has cooled down from all the drama, to see things more clearly) I notice that it was stated Rosberg was on a new set of primes at the start; not the set that he qualified on
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

volarchico
volarchico

From what I remember, they said Rosberg had damaged his set that he qualified on so they let him switch to another "used" set...not a completely new one. (BBC)

siskue2005

volarchico wrote:From what I remember, they said Rosberg had damaged his set that he qualified on so they let him switch to another "used" set...not a completely new one. (BBC)
how is that possible?
how can they allow tyre change without starting from pitlane?
isnt this what was the entire debacle at Spa?? :shock:

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

volarchico wrote:From what I remember, they said Rosberg had damaged his set that he qualified on so they let him switch to another "used" set...not a completely new one. (BBC)

I heard that aswell, Brundle mentioned it in the build up, I assumed 'damaged' meant unusable, e.g. punctured.