Italian GP 2011 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Italian GP 2011 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Hmmm, this article taken from the same publication uses the same info and has a different course of events than its previous assertion.
Must do more research :-?

After winning at Monza last weekend, Red Bull’s Vettel recalled that Spaniard Alonso raced “hard but fair” as the Ferrari driver defended his early lead.
And although writing off his chances of beating Vettel to the crown, Alonso warned the German to expect more hard racing in the remaining six races.

“Yeah, we have nothing to lose in the battles with Sebastian,” said Alonso, who is in second place behind Vettel’s championship lead but 112 points behind.

“He is leading the championship by 100 points I think, so when we have to defend we will be a little bit harder with him,”
http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/3917 ... th_Vettel/
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Traction

I seriously hope Vettel never voluntarily went to the stewards and complained. It would hardly seem worth it and would certainly not be beneficial to anyone. IMO it was a fair enough line that Alonso took, making it difficult for someone to overtake is part of F1and Vettel should take heart that he has the balks to be up to the challenge....
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Mr Alcatraz

Traction wrote:I seriously hope Vettel never voluntarily went to the stewards and complained. It would hardly seem worth it and would certainly not be beneficial to anyone. IMO it was a fair enough line that Alonso took, making it difficult for someone to overtake is part of F1and Vettel should take heart that he has the balks to be up to the challenge....
I am now sufficiently convinced that Brundle's assertion about Vettel going to the stewards to have Alonso investigated is a product of his fertile imagination.
You know that mysterious anonymous news source.
Pathetic
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula ... 883755.stm

Traction

Any idea what the stewards responnse to Vettels complaint was? :lol:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

marcush.

tbh I don´t think Vettel did go to the stewards ,judging by the discussions he had with Alonso in the preparaations for the podium ceremony.It looked more like he was fishing for compliments about his move and Alonso was apologising for not leaving him more room and obviously was impressed and surprised about that move.
Schumacher seems to have had a lot of luck as Derek daly simply missed the incident between Hamilton and Michael as he was investigating the Massa Trulli incident at that time... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It is always the same ..Schumacher will forever meet people again and all them having a go at him for a little vengeance...it´s so nice to put a 7times world champ back into the world of lesser mortals...noone of these guys -Stewart ,Moss ,Brundle Coulthard ,Lauda, is free of that methinks .Sure Michael has to live with that and has to adapt his aproach accordingly .But sure as hell everybody would raise the stinky finger now if Schumacher had not fought as fierce and had said :look the old fart just does not have it anymore....so he is in the classic dilemma do what you want ..you just cannot be right.
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 91412.html

ringo

I think he did. Looks like the kinda driver that would.
He probably wants to send a message to the other wild drivers that he doesn't want to take part in the horse play.
He has the right to self preservation, but i think he looks like a spoiled brat going to the stewards. And yes he did go, as that's a pretty difficult story to fabricate.

Anyway here's webber's take on the shumi battle:
"It was a unique fight between Michael and Lewis because the McLaren was running up against the rev limiter, so Michael had a speed advantage on the straights," Webber wrote in his column for the BBC.

"He could position his car very cutely to try to keep him out.

"There were a few times when Michael returned to the normal line having defended. That's the point of interest because it's not what most drivers understand to be acceptable.

"One incident in particular stood out - out of the second chicane and into Lesmo, when Lewis had a clear run and Michael went across to defend and then came back again.

"Moving that many times was pushing the boundaries."
For Sure!!

Mr Alcatraz

ringo wrote:I think he did. Looks like the kinda driver that would.
I guess it depends on which story you want to believe :P
I think I’ll take this following one. If he did it, it should be on the record.
Maybe someone can produce a document that either substantiates, or debunks it :P
After winning at Monza last weekend, Red Bull’s Vettel recalled that Spaniard Alonso raced “hard but fair” as the Ferrari driver defended his early lead.And although writing off his chances of beating Vettel to the crown, Alonso warned the German to expect more hard racing in the remaining six races.

“Yeah, we have nothing to lose in the battles with Sebastian,” said Alonso, who is in second place behind Vettel’s championship lead but 112 points behind.

“He is leading the championship by 100 points I think, so when we have to defend we will be a little bit harder with him,”
http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/3917 ... th_Vettel/

raymondu999

Does anyone have the race data? They put stewards reports there don't they, on what incidents were/weren't looked at?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

Any one where LH is disadvantaged.

;)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:Does anyone have the race data? They put stewards reports there don't they, on what incidents were/weren't looked at?
I don't believe it is out yet!
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... event.aspx

PlatinumZealot

So, a steward AT THE RACE... though Schumacher should be punished... double standards!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/09/14/f ... r-penalty/
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

beelsebob

n smikle wrote:So, a steward AT THE RACE... though Schumacher should be punished... double standards!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/09/14/f ... r-penalty/
Or... their explanation of being busy and having missed it is true... that said, I'm rather surprised that they don't always have at least one steward watching what's going on right now.

komninosm

WilliamsF1 wrote:Is this right?

After a defensive move to hold the position, if the driver behind is still well behind then it is alright to go back to the racing line
I think it is, but Schumacher made 3 moves on the start-finish straight in the vid I posted. Right, then left, then right then left to go on the racing line.

Lycoming

the stewards have access to all the camera angles and replays...

beelsebob

Lycoming wrote:the stewards have access to all the camera angles and replays...
But will only look at them if they know there's something to be looked at... If they all had their head down when the incident happened then 1) they won't look back through the tapes 2) they need a better organisation that allows them to spot everything going on on track.