Italian GP 2011 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Italian GP 2011 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Eh? He wasn't anywhere close to the pit entrance. He just understeered and went straight on with both fronts locked. As he was nearing the track's edge the fronts finally had strong enough bite and the car began to turn, but it was too little too late and so his car went on the grass; where the fronts lost all grip again and he plowed straight on.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

Jeez you are acting a little dense Ray :roll: The pit entrance is right after parabolica.
My suggestion was never intended to say he missed his mark going in. I was suggesting that maybe he overcooked it going into parabolica because he had almost completed a full lap without an off, after butch-slamming Massa, at the first chicane. As you said he made all the other turns on the way, but he sure missed that one. Now there is the possibility that he lost more of his aero in, or right before that last turn. Check into it Eh! :-# :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

I hadn't thought of him missing more aero on the way in; but his FW was already under the car when he was at Curva Grande. Also Parabolica is a long corner; he didn't even get to the apex (which at Parabolica is very early) before he went off.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mandrake
Mandrake

He was probably letting others by in the lesmos and ascari etc. so he didn't carry too much speed. On the straight he went a little too fast, pushing the wing even further below the car. Too much speed and even less braking = cocking up Parabolica?

raymondu999

Good point on letting people through. I think that could be the case. Such a shame! The RB7 could've been the first ca o score double points in all races in a season
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 20 Sep 2011, 12:42, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off-topic (replies as well)

raymondu999

From the Thursday Press conference:
Q. (Andy Benson BBC Sport) Sebastian, on that subject, I understand you went to see the stewards about Fernando's driving after Monza... that's not true?
SV:No.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

BBC has a longer quote, it'll not be well received on the forums because it's a pragmatic shrug, he hasn't produced time lapse photography to provoke endless circular arguments. ;)

Also amusing to see him end with a Paul Daniels quote
BBC wrote:It was reported that Vettel asked the stewards to look at Alonso's driving, but he denied that and said there was no problem between them.

"He didn't expect me to go on the left, to try the inside for the second chicane, so initially he didn't see me," Vettel said, "but as soon as he saw me, he pulled to the right and gave me enough room.

"It was borderline but I knew if I wanted to get past I needed to try something.

"Actually, it was more critical the lap before when I was on the right on the outside at the second chicane and he moved a little bit under braking to the right and there wasn't much room for me, we talked about it after the race and I think it's fine.

"Generally, if you race people like Fernando, people with a lot of experience and who you respect a lot, you can really push the limits and really go wheel to wheel without thinking about it, and know the guy will know you are there and give you just enough room - not a lot, but enough."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 017854.stm

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:From the Thursday Press conference:
Q. (Andy Benson BBC Sport) Sebastian, on that subject, I understand you went to see the stewards about Fernando's driving after Monza... that's not true?
SV:No.
Kick ass!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44wDwMQVqCc

Isak
Isak

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

One half of webbers monza wing was shredded to bits and pieces in the chicane. The other half was, according to RBR themself, given back to them.

The whole wing-gate thing lacks substance.

raymondu999

The wing was intact as Webber entered the Parabolica
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Isak
Isak

raymondu999 wrote:The wing was intact as Webber entered the Parabolica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQoYhvUBjc&

raymondu999

No no; my point was that, as I remember it; the wing was actually still intact, although it tucked under the car - it wasn't half of a wing
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Isak
Isak

Watch the video, although it's in bad quality you can see that only one side of the wing is being draged underneath the car.

Atleast that's what i see. Watch the inboard from the chicane to, you can see that alot of the wing gets torn apart by massas car.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Isak wrote:Watch the video, although it's in bad quality you can see that only one side of the wing is being draged underneath the car.

Atleast that's what i see. Watch the inboard from the chicane to, you can see that alot of the wing gets torn apart by massas car.
No, it's still whole – it's just angled so that half the wing is fairly under the car, while the other half is poking out.