Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

You have to wonder what Lewis would have done if he were the recipient of some of his own manouvres.
More could have been done.
David Purley

i70q7m7ghw

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Diesel

It was a good ol masculine pat on the shoulder. Men do not react to such petty taps, much less get involved in a fight over it.
Take this contextually. Massa knew there were Cameras, if he did pat Hamilton to the point of "assault", we would be decrying him right now. Lets not take this to the point of Physical assault, because I would say if it was a women he did that then fair enough...outta line. But this is an F1 driver, and one that pulls high G for hours every fortnight. If Hamilton wants to lose face, he would be publicly lambasting Massa now and coming across as a bit of a wuss.
That he hasnt shows to me he is taking it with a pinch of salt and waiting for the right moment to say "foda se" to shut Massa up on track.
So your being sexist now?

Some more of Massa's comments.
As for Hamilton and his behaviour both off and on the track, I have already told him all I had to say: I have not changed my opinion by one iota since yesterday, but I consider the matter to be closed.
His behavior 'off the track' ?? If anything Hamilton was the one behaving correctly off the track, Massa needs to buck up. Actually scratch that, he just needs to forget formula 1, he has failed as a driver.

'masculine pats' might be something you do in football, as well as falling over and pretending to be injured, but not in F1.

F1 is a non-contact sport on the track, it should be the same off the track.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Diesel wrote: So your being sexist now?
So your saying you have to treat women like men, or your being sexist?

Im not so sure diesel....Besides thats off topic.

In context of what happened out on track, I see little wrong with Massa interrupting Hamilton. It was uncouth, yes. But its not as if Massa was reacting over a touch of wheels.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Richard

pfft....

Massa said that Hamilton will continue to lose points if he continues to have avoidable accidents. Sounded like common sense to me.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed the race. A good tussle for 4, 5, 6.

vall

Diesel wrote:His behavior 'off the track' ?? If anything Hamilton was the one behaving correctly off the track, Massa needs to buck up. Actually scratch that, he just needs to forget formula 1, he has failed as a driver.

'masculine pats' might be something you do in football, as well as falling over and pretending to be injured, but not in F1.

F1 is a non-contact sport on the track, it should be the same off the track.
If you read my previous post, Massa said the immediately after the race he tried to talk to LH twice, but the arr*gant pr*ck wouldn't even look at him, not to mention talk to him. So, what was Massa supposed to do?

Steven
Owner

I for one had increased respect for Lewis after he tweeted after Spa that, after seeing the images, he took all the blame for his incident there. I feel perfectly fine with drivers making mistakes, that is what comes when you're trying to lap as fast as you can.

However, I have a problem with people having problems accepting blame when they were wrong.

There are just two remedies for this: Lewis and Felipe sit together, watch the footage and discuss what happened among them. Or, Lewis looks back on this year's races, and finds out how many more points he would have if he would've been just that little bit more careful during overtaking.

And for people bashing Massa => Felipe had all right to be angry, as the incident ruined his race as well.

All in all, I think this was a good race, but Red Bull's dominance doesn't bode well for the remaining races of the season. Neither of the top teams are bringing anymore major car updates, so their relative performances are unlikely to change a lot.

Shrieker

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:You have to wonder what Lewis would have done if he were the recipient of some of his own manouvres.
He was in the past, so we know the answer.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Richard

Tomba wrote:Lewis looks back on this year's races, and finds out how many more points he would have if he would've been just that little bit more careful during overtaking.
+1 That was Massa's point. Factually correct too.

Shame some people would rather debate if Massa looked at Hamilton in a masculine way .... or something like that.

Tomba - While there are no major updates on eth way, I think the tension for 2, 3, 4 will run to the end of the season. There's a lot of pride (and prize money) at stake.

ecapox

Has there ever been a race thread that didnt end with pointless bickering? If so, i have yet to see it....

komninosm

Mchamilton wrote:gotta love lewis' response to massa pulling him in the press area, 'dont touch me man!' lol
anywhere is and im sure lewis would have decked him and made him look stupid.. like he does on the race track..
drove around for 2 laps with half a front wing, 7 second stop to change his wing, and a drive through, and then overtook massa again!
massa should move on, do some lower league driving where he belongs nowadays! lol
What lap times did Hamilton do on half a wing? Compared to others too.

komninosm

Shrieker wrote:After watching Hamilton's onboard I changed my mind about the penalty handed out to him. If you look carefully, it's clear that Hamilton brakes hard and locks his wheel to actually avoid contact. When you take that into context the penalty handed out to him was a bit too harsh.

And funny that Webber vs. Hamilton last year in the same corner, very similar event; wasn't even investigated.
Really? Wasn't Webber penalised?

raymondu999

It was investigated, but "No further action" popped it's ugly head up
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

komninosm

Poleman wrote:Can anyone confirm if Alonso got a penalty for chopping Hamilton's rear in Malaysia?
It was just a "misjudgement" from Alonso but now is a stupid mistake for Hamilton and on top of that deserving an investigation AND a penalty? Lewis have done mistakes this year but i fail to see how this incident deserved a penalty.
I think they both got 20 seconds added.
Hamilton for changing direction twice when defending, something Schumacher did last race a whole lot worse and got no penalty. Figures... He lost points.
Alonso got 20 secs too but lost nothing. A joke really.

komninosm

Diesel wrote:
timbo wrote:
Diesel wrote:Blue flags in qualifying for Massa:-
That's marshalls loosing their minds. All drivers on track at that point were in the same conditions. Blue flags have precisely ZERO point.
They were still waved, drivers don't get to choose whether or not they obey them.

If a black flag is waved the driver can't just say "hey, i think that's stupid so i'm staying out". Rules are rules.

People have been penalised for blocking in Qualifying no? So hence it's illegal.
I'm pretty sure Schumacher ignored a black flag once (and probably one more driver). He even managed to get the win/points and get the steward penalized instead! Epic!

komninosm

Rob W wrote:
Mandrake wrote:I don't understand Schumacher...why did he have to push that hard there? He's driving very very well, but sometimes he suffers from the Hamilton syndrome. At least he admits his faults straightaway :D
He did? Some of his comments sounded to me like he was blaming Perez.

> "Basically he just lifted off too early and I couldn't anticipate it. I was about to try and go on the inside as he was a lot slower than myself."

What he should have said was: "I wasn't paying as much attention as I should and drove into the back of a slower car."
Confirmation bias. That's why people say stuff like that. Thanks for providing the true fact Rob, you rock. =D>