Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

raymondu999

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

fenix4life wrote:medium and soft for singapore
Incorrect. Soft and supersoft, as I stated in Page 1
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

ringo wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
Traction wrote: Monaco 2011 Vettel won whilst for a long while holding of Alonso on really old tyres...i....so I'm not too sure how the comment highlighted can be justified
You mean first getting chased down by Alonso who had newer tires, then an red flag which wasnt even conform the rules. Then being allowed to change tires which caused Vettel to walk away?
thanks for the details.
Winning somehwere doesn't = strong there or unbeatable there.
This race may be closer than we think.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter who's good where. Just want to see the championship extended beyond Singapore.
Actually unless you can honestly expect someone else to win the title I'd rather it ended early. That way we can see the competitive drivers on the grid go balls to the wall flat out and we'll see them just go at it with no title pressure
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Aced

Hamilton P1.
Alonso P2
Vettel P3
I find it interesting how some people have predicted that podium for almost every race. Yet we haven't seen them share a podium all year.

Well anyways, I think it's gonna be P1 Vettel, P2 Button, P3 Alonso/Hamilton

I just don't see why Vettel won't win this one. It's easier than ever for him to win races now probably because there's no pressure anymore. Spa was the turning point and I believe Vettel will probably win every race that's left now. Unless there's rain or he has some kind of mechanical issue.

raymondu999

Actually, statistically speaking you're incorrect Ace. Alonso Hamilton Vettel have never shared a podium. Ever.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Robbobnob

raymondu999 wrote: Actually unless you can honestly expect someone else to win the title I'd rather it ended early. That way we can see the competitive drivers on the grid go balls to the wall flat out and we'll see them just go at it with no title pressure
I certainly think the race for second home is going to be outstanding...

Webber looking for some wins for some confidence to take into next year, Hamilton looking for some wins to regain confidence in his abilities. Button looking to hammer home Hamilton and Alonso lurking in the background ready to pounce when someone slips up...

Going to be a beaut
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Mr Alcatraz

Robbobnob wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: Actually unless you can honestly expect someone else to win the title I'd rather it ended early. That way we can see the competitive drivers on the grid go balls to the wall flat out and we'll see them just go at it with no title pressure
I certainly think the race for second home is going to be outstanding...

Webber looking for some wins for some confidence to take into next year, Hamilton looking for some wins to regain confidence in his abilities. Button looking to hammer home Hamilton and Alonso lurking in the background ready to pounce when someone slips up...

Going to be a beaut
+1
The pressure is already off Vettel. It would take something about 20 times as unlikely as what happened in 2007 for him to lose it. Plus he is not a rookie, he is already the sitting world champion, and Red Bull do not have Ron Dennis doing stupid $hit at the helm.
Pullllezzze :roll: #-o
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

fenix4life

raymondu999 wrote:
fenix4life wrote:medium and soft for singapore
Incorrect. Soft and supersoft, as I stated in Page 1
published yasterday on eurosport
Grand Prix de Singapour
17/09/2011 - 13:57 - Mis à jour le 17/09/2011 - 14:05
"Medium" et "tendre"

Les équipes disposeront de pneumatiques "medium" (blanc) et "tendre" (jaune) lors de la 14e des 19 manches du Mondial, les 23, 24 et 25 septembre, à Singapour (SIN). En revanche, elles auront des "tendre" et très tendre" lors du meeting suivant, en Corée du Sud.

raymondu999

Published several months back by Pirelli: http://corporate.pirelli.com/press/2011 ... singapore/
Singapore, a street race run at night, will be an entirely different kind of grand prix, with circuit characteristics more similar to Canada. Consequently, the P Zero Yellow soft and P Zero Red Supersoft tyres have been chosen, to generate the maximum grip within the tight confines and variable surfaces of the Singapore track.
I think Pirelli would know about this better than EuroSport
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Lycoming

Forecast is saying chance of thundershowers throughout the weekend. This is going to be an interesting weekend.

Mr Alcatraz

Lycoming wrote:Forecast is saying chance of thundershowers throughout the weekend. This is going to be an interesting weekend.
Maybe it will be the beginning of the next era with the Toro Rosso's
taking 1st, and 2nd. :P

raymondu999

Meh. T-storms Shmeestorms. I don't think it will affect anything. If you've ever been to Singapore, their T-storms are violent. Not monsoon-like, but still violent. But they last for 2 to 3 minutes at most. Also, they only cover a small area, so it might not even hit the circuit, but hit somewhere else instead
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:Meh. T-storms Shmeestorms. I don't think it will affect anything. If you've ever been to Singapore, their T-storms are violent. Not monsoon-like, but still violent. But they last for 2 to 3 minutes at most. Also, they only cover a small area, so it might not even hit the circuit, but hit somewhere else instead
Thank you Mr. Know-it-all! :wink: :P

raymondu999

I do live in Singapore so I know quite a lot about the weather here. Thanks :wink:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

jeremy

Raymond999 is correct, its red and yellow for Marina Bay. It was announce during or before the summer break. We could have our first wet night race. It could be a concern, well i hope not.DRS after turn 5 to turn 7(memorial)?

raymondu999

I honestly hope it's not wet. The reflection of the lights from the spray will be horrendous. De laRosa who tested Pirelli wets in the night in Abu Dhabi said that even circling the circuit alone the visibility was bad.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法