Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

jeremy

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Yes i heard that too, glare from the lights could be a problem if its wet.

godlameroso

It would be the same for everyone, I think they'll be fine as long as there isn't much standing water. It would certainly make an interesting race that's for sure, maybe if it starts damp, and a dry line appears.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

Pedro de la Rosa's point was that the spray was glistening as it reflected the floodlights off; rather than reflecting off the standing water. I know it's the same for everyone, and I love seeing driver skill in the wet, slippery conditions, but I'm not keen on the spray reflecting the light into driver's eyes. Don't forget they'll be using a clear visor
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

archiebald

Lycoming wrote:Forecast is saying chance of thundershowers throughout the weekend. This is going to be an interesting weekend.
LOL :lol:

The Singapore weather forecast for 365 days per year is ALWAYS, "28 to 32 degrees with a chance of showers".

It's the tropics, it rains nearly every day.

raymondu999

Well not every day. But yeah; that's the general idea :wink:

In Singapore though; the storms/thunderstorms are still very "local." They only cover a small area. It can be raining profusely in one area and bone dry 10 minutes walk away. Of course said thunderstorm then has already completely stopped by the time you reach that bone dry area too. And by the time you reach your original location, it is already completely bone dry again.

What could happen, and I believe has happened for the last two or 3 years; is that during the Grand Prix, which was forecasted for thunderstorms, the showers happened in other areas of the city; so while the forecasts were accurate, they weren't in the location talked about.

Speaking of locations; how come the DRS zone hasn't been announced yet?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:Well not every day. But yeah; that's the general idea :wink:

In Singapore though; the storms/thunderstorms are still very "local." They only cover a small area. It can be raining profusely in one area and bone dry 10 minutes walk away. Of course said thunderstorm then has already completely stopped by the time you reach that bone dry area too. And by the time you reach your original location, it is already completely bone dry again.

What could happen, and I believe has happened for the last two or 3 years; is that during the Grand Prix, which was forecasted for thunderstorms, the showers happened in other areas of the city; so while the forecasts were accurate, they weren't in the location talked about.

Speaking of locations; how come the DRS zone hasn't been announced yet?

I thought read somewhere that the DRS zone will be between turn 5 and 7.

raymondu999

I think that was Martin Whitmarsh's opinion quotes rather than an official FIA announcement
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:I think that was Martin Whitmarsh's opinion quotes rather than an official FIA announcement
probably they are still trying to figure it out. my guess is that there will only be 1 DRS zone.

godlameroso

The only place you could really do it is down the front straight, or the run from 5 to 7. It's the only two places on the track that the cars reach over 240kph.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

I have a friend who insists it's going to be between T13 and T14 and according to him it will be the "best place for DRS." I keep telling him he's talking rubbish but he just won't listen! :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:I have a friend who insists it's going to be between T13 and T14 and according to him it will be the "best place for DRS." I keep telling him he's talking rubbish but he just won't listen! :P
Personally, I say between 10a and 10c :D

raymondu999

Dear God beelsebob's lost it :P Can't you see it'll be between 22 and 23?! :P

Scarily I think 22-23 will actually be a DRS-able zone by RBR in qualifying
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

Many models destroyed
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

mx_tifoso

In other words...
http://twitter.com/#!/xevipujolar
#Singapore DRS zone after T5. Detection zone exit of T3 to T4
:)

Xevi is Maldonado's race engineer.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.