Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina

raymondu999 wrote:Are you sure you're talking of turn 8? 8 is the left after the first straight
Huh? T1 is a 90 left, T2 is a sweeping left, T3 is a sweeping right, T4 is a sharp left into the chicaine, T5 is the sharp right out of the chicaine, T6 is the hairpin, T7 is the hard left at the end of the first straight... Am I missing something?

Lurk

T4 is the slightly left turn between T3 and the chicane :wink:

beelsebob

Lurk wrote:T4 is the slightly left turn between T3 and the chicane :wink:
Ah okay, I always rather counted that as a "straight".

raymondu999

Rubbish corner, I agree. It's not even worth a mention of being a kink. But I was going on official turn names and so t7 hairpin, t8 end of straight :wink:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw

Wow, it even looks like a car park on the map.

raymondu999

Williams F1 data:

RACE
Number of Laps: 55
Lap Distance: 5.554km
Race Distance: 305km
Circuit Direction: Anti-Clockwise

FUEL
Fuel Consumption: 2.9kg / lap
Fuel Laptime Penalty: 0.2s / 10kg

CIRCUIT
Top Speed: 322kph
Average Speed: 200kph
Average Corner Speed: 109kph
Longest Straight: 1233 metres

WEATHER
Air Temperature: 30C
Track Temperature: 32C
Air Pressure: 1011 mbar
Humidity: 56%
Altitude: 10 metres above sea level

TYRES
Prime Tyre (spec / colour): Medium / White
Option Tyre (spec / colour): Soft / Yellow

STRATEGY
Safety Cars: 0.5 average per race
Pit Loss: 22 seconds
Pitlane Length: 357 metres

ENGINE
Power Loss: 7%
Full Throttle: 59% of lap

AERO
Downforce Level: High (Low to Maximum)
Cooling Requirement: Medium (Low to High)

CHASSIS
Set-up Priority: Corner entry stability and good traction
Brake Severity: Very High (Low to Very High)

McLaren video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xd8E3veSjw[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ell66

Cant look past a vettel or hamilton win, they both go very well round there. Pretty sure the redbull will have the slight edge as allways, but i think it'l only be a tenth or two this time round,

raymondu999

I think it would actually be better for the Bulls than that here ell; if we look on the balance of the season; the Red Bulls seem to go better (race pace wise) on stop start circuits rather than flowing circuits. But I agree. It would be either Vettel or Hamilton
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:I think it would actually be better for the Bulls than that here ell; if we look on the balance of the season; the Red Bulls seem to go better (race pace wise) on stop start circuits rather than flowing circuits. But I agree. It would be either Vettel or Hamilton
Agreed, this circuit has RB7 written all over it. The one exception is that there's two big traction zones at the start of the two straights that we can expect the McLarens and Mercedezes to be epic in.

Brazil I think is probably somewhere the McLarens will challenge, but not here.

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I think it would actually be better for the Bulls than that here ell; if we look on the balance of the season; the Red Bulls seem to go better (race pace wise) on stop start circuits rather than flowing circuits. But I agree. It would be either Vettel or Hamilton
Agreed, this circuit has RB7 written all over it. The one exception is that there's two big traction zones at the start of the two straights that we can expect the McLarens and Mercedezes to be epic in.

Brazil I think is probably somewhere the McLarens will challenge, but not here.
Yeah I think it was you who caught it out first in the MP4-26 thread. Seems the balance of power; now; is that the RB chassis is more efficient at producing downforce than the -26, but less efficient at supplying clean air to the rear wing compared to the McLaren.

So you have this situation where; the Bulls are; ironically, more efficient downforce wise than the McLarens in low wing trim; but the McLarens are more efficient in high-wing trim. Maybe the Bulls might still have a higher "peak" level of downforce; but it would be less efficient (in terms of L/D) than the McLarens.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Tyler

Trailer23 wrote:Here is a pic of me on my HONDA CBR-600RR at the Yas Marina Curcuit from earlier in the year :twisted: .

I have a vid too doing a lap, but all U can see is a fly-by :) .

Sorry off topic but just had to comment on what a nice bike you've got!!! 8) 8) 8)
Awesome colours! =D> =D> - looking at getting a CBR600RR myself next year.

Would love to see a vid of you doing a lap - would be so cool if you could make a vid with an onboard camera!

:| Sorry, back to the Yas Marina circuit!

ElleMarie

i remember earlier this year reading in autosport that the layout at Yas Marina was going to be a little bit different, using the other Turns configuration to improve overtaking.

Im looking at the layout posted on page1...still the same or im missing something?

:/

M2ido

They decided not do change anything this year. Can´t find the news though, it was announced a couple of months ago.

raymondu999

They saw the Pirellis and DRS were creating overtakings so scrapped the upgrade plan
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法