Australian GP 2012 - Albert Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Lca1443

Re: Australian GP 2012 - Albert Park

banibhusan wrote: And it seems from the practice that Ferrari will have only driver competing this season. :D

It is a shame for Massa that Fernando consistently makes him look like a fool.
Last edited by Lca1443 on 16 Mar 2012, 05:14, edited 1 time in total.

Fil

Haha I was right on the bend when Massa spun! Have probably about 40photos of the car too, will upload later.. A few official photographers were all over the car! Especially as soon as the crane lifted it.

To add insult to injury.. When the crane lifted the Ferrari, first sound was the cracking of carbon fibre! They've cracked the roll hoop bodywork!!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

MuseF1

that was a pretty silly mistake by Massa. First guy of 2012 to spin out

cant wait to see them photos Fil

ringo

F1 needs Eddie Jordan with a mic in his hand.
These SKY guys are boring, Brundle included.
For Sure!!

yener

-Ferrari is not that slow, the only understeers a lot. Really big disadvantage in the race.
-McLaren seems fast. Think Jenson was on less fuel than Hamilton had
-Mercedes looks nice so far
-Lotus the Dog of 2012?
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Powershift

LouHam was a tenth faster than Button thru the 2nd sector before being bawked by a Merc

Mc & Merc look fast

Vettel taking it easy?

Poor Massa

HRT?
Last edited by Powershift on 16 Mar 2012, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Pup
Pup

Just to give you guys fair warning, if FP1 is any indication of how the rest of the season will go, I will likely be completely insufferable from now through November.

:D

MGPW03

F1 live timing screen appears to be glitchy. Has anyone else encountered the same problem. I tried it in IE, Firefox and Opera but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Could someone suggest a solution. I am running firefox 11 and jre 7 x86 and x64, os win7 x64.

spadeflush

Mysticf1 wrote:
Belatti wrote:Its disgusting that the F1 live timming for blackberry costs now 20 USD

Im usually away from home and that was the only way for me to know what was going on during FP and Qualy.

The android version is ~$30, however if you know your way around google it can be had considerably cheaper :lol:
I know what you're saying :lol:
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

spadeflush

Powershift wrote:LouHam was a tenth faster than Button thru the 2nd sector before being bawked by a Merc

Mc & Merc look fast

Vettel taking it easy?

Poor Massa

HRT?
I'd be surprised if HRT and Marussia make the 107% cut. Does F1 need such teams?

RB and Macca look and probably are the fastest out there. The W03 seems to be handling well. Ferrari look like they are racing on ice.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

she_spools_180

sigh...

it was really sunny between FP1 and FP2, and just now it started raining... looks like it's going to be a wet FP2

Mr Alcatraz

she_spools_180 wrote:sigh...

it was really sunny between FP1 and FP2, and just now it started raining... looks like it's going to be a wet FP2
Bummer May be I'll play some "need for speed". It would be good for Ferrari if Massa is doing the same times as Alonso. The McLaren boyz looked good. I expect a healthy helping of DNQ, and just not being close to 107% Whatever Albert Park is somewhat of an anomaly and as for performance you can win on grunt if your brakes work and have a little grip…..and it’s wet!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

skgoa

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

I have been going through the sector times.

- Schumacher's best third sector is the second best of all drivers, even a little better than Hamilton. That's the slowest part of the track BTW.
- Rosberg's best first and second sector were only a few tenths of.
- Overall the W03 achieved a possible top lap (i.e. added best sectors) that is only 0.408 seconds slower than the MP4-27. Most of that is the 0.33s the Mercedes lost in the first sector, where the McLaren seem to be in a class of their own. Both Webber and Alonso are slightly behind that.

edit: Actually, the way I phrased that might be a bit misleading. So, to clarify: the Mercedes seems right on the pace in ever sector but the first, where it's 3 tenth behind and only a tenth better than everyone else.

prince

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

skgoa wrote:I have been going through the sector times.

- Schumacher's best third sector is the second best of all drivers, even a little better than Hamilton. That's the slowest part of the track BTW.
- Rosberg's best first and second sector were only a few tenths of.
- Overall the W03 achieved a possible top lap (i.e. added best sectors) that is only 0.408 seconds slower than the MP4-27. Most of that is the 0.33s the Mercedes lost in the first sector, where the McLaren seem to be in a class of their own. Both Webber and Alonso are slightly behind that.

edit: Actually, the way I phrased that might be a bit misleading. So, to clarify: the Mercedes seems right on the pace in ever sector but the first, where it's 3 tenth behind and only a tenth better than everyone else.
I don't think you should be reading these times for anything. It was a wet track, getting dried up every minute. LH and JB did their laps at the fag end of the session, which is atleast 10-15 minutes after MS did his lap. MS did his laps after quite some time compared to Rosberg. Webber and Alonso did their laps after MS, but were a bit slower. Nothing can really be read yet. Q3 tomorrow will reveal the preliminery picture.