Malaysian GP 2012 - Sepang International Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AdrianoZed

Re: Malaysian GP 2012 - Sepang International Circuit

myurr wrote: I agree that he should have received at the very least an investigation and warning for bullying the other car like that, as should Massa for his dirty move on Senna, but the rule you are quoting is specifically for the defending driver when they move off line to defend. Think back to schumacher last year when he was defending against Hamilton in Monza. He would sweep over to the inside to defend and block the overtake and then pull back to the racing line to take the corner. With this rule he'd be able to sweep over to defend but in doing so would have to compromise his entry to the next corner.
Yes that is true forgot it only applies to defending, still seems he is the "bully" of the field, remember when he brushed past hamilton last year in disrespect as he was unhappy with something...forgot.

raymondu999 wrote:We have 4 rainmeisters as you say - and Raikkonen's rally experience might have made him a bit stronger in the rain. Don't forget Button - the dampmeister
We also have a couple crashmeisters too.
It will be so much fun watching Alonso manhandle that car in the rain...its a handful as it is in the dry.
Ayrton Senna "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver"
Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

AdrianoZed

banibhusan wrote:
ParanoiD wrote:as people said that some times the rain here could be local.

How about a rain in just few corners in the sector 2, and dry in the sector 1 and 3.
That would be interesting :D

anyway, how many rainmaster do we have on a capable cars? Schumi,Hamilton,Vettel,Raikkonen?
That would be freaking awesome mate.

Imagine a completely changeable weather condition. Something like at one instant it rains in sector 2 and stays dry in sectors 1 and 3, and at the other instant it rains in sector 1 and stays dry in sectors 2 and 3. :lol:

It'll be a complete chaos.
And Bernies idea of sprinklers at specific corners will be acomplished :lol:
Ayrton Senna "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver"
Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

King Six

Kinda getting worried about storms on race day now, I have a feeling either the race won't run at all or it will be red flagged.

I think when you have 'powerful' teams like Ferrari and Red Bull who are not doing so well (as they want) they'd also possibly even like to not race at Malaysia and get as much time as possible to 'fix' things...

When you're in damage limitation...

Donuts

King Six wrote:Kinda getting worried about storms on race day now, I have a feeling either the race won't run at all or it will be red flagged.

I think when you have 'powerful' teams like Ferrari and Red Bull who are not doing so well (as they want) they'd also possibly even like to not race at Malaysia and get as much time as possible to 'fix' things...

Hmm... I think it's the opposite, everyone, especially the teams that are behind, want dry(crucial) racing to be able to understand and develop the car. This is the only way nowadays when in-season testing is almost banned.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

myurr

Donuts wrote:
King Six wrote:Kinda getting worried about storms on race day now, I have a feeling either the race won't run at all or it will be red flagged.

Hmm... I think it's the opposite, everyone, especially the teams that are behind, want dry(crucial) racing to be able to understand and develop the car. This is the only way nowadays when testing is amost banned.
They want dry running but if there is a chance to get the race cancelled then they'll take it.

Remember in the past when we had Hamilton in the wet chomping at the bit to get the racing under way and we had Vettel and others on the radios saying it was soooo dangerous and that they shouldn't be out there? There will always be manipulation, so at the end of the day it comes down to Charlie taking a judgement call. We've seen that the Pirelli tyres cope just fine in wet conditions, so hopefully Charlie will be a little less cautious this year.

raymondu999

To be honest I've never heard Charlie red flag a race because of an overly wet circuit. It's mainly visibility due to spray.

They'll want dry for testing - but then McLaren (the current form team) gets testing data too - they'll prefer a wet race because then there's always a chance of a cockup from a big name - to open the door for one of the struggling teams
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

spacer

If I recall correctly, Canada last year visibility was ok on most of the straights, it was just the massive amounts of standing water and aquaplaning in some parts of the track that caused the red flag.

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:To be honest I've never heard Charlie red flag a race because of an overly wet circuit. It's mainly visibility due to spray.

They'll want dry for testing - but then McLaren (the current form team) gets testing data too - they'll prefer a wet race because then there's always a chance of a cockup from a big name - to open the door for one of the struggling teams
I think every team rather wants to rely on their engineering skills than the weather! :wink:

Only drivers in inferior cars want a wet race, beacuse they see a chance... but really it russian roulette. There's no guarantee for a points finish, but it guaranteed they won't get any usefull data on their developments.
Last edited by Donuts on 21 Mar 2012, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

ParanoiD

Will they make that boat again they race down the stream across the pit lane? :D

(was that Shanghai or Sepang? 8-[ )
Ay Carumba!

sesku

ParanoiD wrote:Will they make that boat again they race down the stream across the pit lane? :D

I think it in Suzuka a couple years back.
This letter is computer-generated ; no signature is required.

raymondu999

That was Suzuka 2010 in qualifying. Qualifying was then postponed to Sunday morning.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NonNewtonic

Anyone attending the race?

Ferraripilot

I can't remember a Malaysian GP when rain wasn't in the forcast, yet there have been plenty of dry races. That's just the nature of this race during this time of year. We shall see what happens right

Crucial_Xtreme

DRS

Khan_F1

ParanoiD

sesku wrote:
ParanoiD wrote:Will they make that boat again they race down the stream across the pit lane? :D

I think it in Suzuka a couple years back.
oh yeah, that's right ](*,)
Ay Carumba!