2012 Monaco GP - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
FakeAlonso

Re: Monaco GP 2012 - Monte Carlo

elFranZ wrote:
FakeAlonso wrote:If someone like Briatore was there maybe we would have seen a more aggressive approach.
Or even Massa crashing at Rascasse, who knows...
As long as Alonso wins for Briatore thats ok. :)

kemalcan

Shrieker wrote:Hint: They're not going to strip Alonso's podium...

And... People blaming Grosjean for driving into Schumi. Really ?!? What was he supposed to do ? He got banged from the right and a racing driver's reflex to that is obvious. Too bad Michael was there. The odd thing is, had Michael not lifted (which was also a reflex) his car wouldn't have lost it's speed and Grosjean's rear left wouldn't have made contact. It could've given Grosjean a vital tenth of a second to go to right again. But I don't think Grosjean and Schumi are at fault at all.
Always complaining after Alonso beat Hamilton. You wouldn't argue about the start incidence if Hamilton finished ahead of Alonso. Blaming Alonso for a racing incident which happened at the start (most possible time and place for contacts) with Hamilton's mistakes of last year is just an indication of being in full of hatred against Ferrari and Alonso.

Even Hamilton started to change his attitude this year and accept his past bad behavior and try to keep calm and matured every time he interviewed after poor performances of this year, you better reconsider your imaginary facts about punishments against Hamilton.
Last edited by kemalcan on 28 May 2012, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

stefan_ wrote:We are talking Formula 1 here, not youd daily traffic stiuations for god's sake. Stop giving awareness advices based on what you experience during daily traffic. And in karting if you are not agressive you can as well pack your bags and do ballet.
So you're okay with not really having an idea who or what is around you on the racetrack? Disagree. Whatever you think of my example he could have done a fair bit better.

Ferrari_Tifosi88
Ferrari_Tifosi88

Re: Ferrari F2012

I hope they can exploit their new parts and have success. I will be attending the Canadian Gran Prix.

This track is beautiful.

In regards to traction did you manage to see how well the Caterham gets off the corners? Button had was super frustrated with being behind Kovalainen. It was impressive. I Read that Ferrari are heavily focusing on their Qualifying "One-Lap" performance.

Ferrari have not been able to achieve consistent success in Qualifying since 2008. I think Ferrari's "Race-Pace is very good.

stefan_
stefan_

Red Schneider wrote:
stefan_ wrote:We are talking Formula 1 here, not youd daily traffic stiuations for god's sake. Stop giving awareness advices based on what you experience during daily traffic. And in karting if you are not agressive you can as well pack your bags and do ballet.
So you're okay with not really having an idea who or what is around you on the racetrack? Disagree. Whatever you think of my example he could have done a fair bit better.
I am not OK with not being aware of what is happening around you, that was not my point. My problem is with examples about what you would have done in daily traffic being extrapolated into F1 situations.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

wesley123
wesley123

kemalcan wrote:
Shrieker wrote:Hint: They're not going to strip Alonso's podium...

And... People blaming Grosjean for driving into Schumi. Really ?!? What was he supposed to do ? He got banged from the right and a racing driver's reflex to that is obvious. Too bad Michael was there. The odd thing is, had Michael not lifted (which was also a reflex) his car wouldn't have lost it's speed and Grosjean's rear left wouldn't have made contact. It could've given Grosjean a vital tenth of a second to go to right again. But I don't think Grosjean and Schumi are at fault at all.
Always complaining after Alonso beat Hamilton. You wouldn't argue about the start incidence if Hamilton finished ahead of Alonso. Blaming Alonso for a racing incident which happened at the start (most possible time and place for contacts) with Hamilton's mistakes of last year is just an indication of being in full of hatred against Ferrari and Alonso.

Even Hamilton started to change his attitude this year and accept his past bad behavior and try to keep calm and matured every time he interviewed after poor performances of this year, you better reconsider your imaginary facts about punishments against Hamilton.
Where did Shrieker even mention Hamilton? Or am I missing something here?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raceman

Never heard of pit-board slips falling off the racing line, but just wanted to share a story from The Sun (knowing it's not reliable) :wink:

McLaren pit-board slips falling off, onto Lewis
He said: “The guys hold the pit-boards over the track and two or three slips fell out and hit me in the front of the helmet. I was like, ‘This is getting ridiculous’ as they kept dropping them."

Nando
Nando

He said in Sky interview it might have come from Ferrari or some other team. He wasn´t sure.

but that was probably what the team told him :)

-Did you not stick them on properly?
-what us? My god Hamilton, what do you think of us really? Do you really think we are a bunch of idiots!?
-well...

*psst, Hide the got damn pit board - Whitmarch"
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

I was bored during the race. It was a first for this season. I don't like Monaco at all.

beelsebob
beelsebob

foxmulder_ms wrote:I was bored during the race. It was a first for this season. I don't like Monaco at all.
I have to agree.

Xtian999
Xtian999

As much as I love F1, that was a boring race.

Mafia

For the first corner incident(s), Charlie has mentioned (advised stewards), time and again that he will not be taking action because there is so much going on with so little space, you are bound to get a ding by the other driver who is protecting his one side, now, driver can only look/pay attention at one advance going into the first corner with million things going in his head, its impossible to look in all four dimensions at the same time, Plus, Romain was slightly behind, behind enough that he could notice half or more then half of alonso's red truck, so logically it was romain to look for the guy ahead. any way, like i said, they wont take action for that and in future.

the other thing is, I am baffled by stewards standerds, throughout 2011 and 2012 they've been robbing us of great racing. where actions needed to be taken, they go blind, and where they should not do anything, they make a mess. Last race, they messed up by putting hamlet off the grid, how on earth can they send him to back of the grid? clearly it was a mistake made by Mclaren in Q3, so he should've, in extreme case, slot him to 10th. i cant understand what were they smoking.

and now Michael schumacher? i'll leave this question to you, that how the 2012 Monaco GP would be at the end if MS would've started from pole.

If alonso wins the championship, 50% credit will go to him, and rest of the 50% will go to Mclaren 8) , if it wasnt for the messups they had, alonso would'nt be stealing valueable points. and tell you what, with a driver like him, you gave him a chance, and he will win the championship this year, given the fact that you dont need a fast car in 2012 to win, all you need is an intellect, who can read the race, tires and situation in the championship, something that very fast hamilton, very emotional vettel and very angry webber doesnt have.
Fuel Minimum, Engine power Maximum, Comittement Off the scane

Paul

Well, it is a special case. I am sure I am not the only one who each year gets all excited as the week starts, then gets frustrated wuth the race itself (with few exceptions), but next year it's all the same. Can't say I have same feeling for Valencia street circuit. Montreal and Singapore are a bit closer in that regard.

And each year when I see an on-board shot for the first time, even if it's installation lap in practice, I am in awe. Even this year, when I got utterly board toward the end of the race, for a second I imagined myself in Webber's position and again was impressed- dry lap here is like a wet lap on most other circuits, one miscalculation of grip available in the corner, and you're out.

By the way, anyone with a recording can do an analysis of who gained how many places by cutting the first corner? Might be interesting...

raceman

beelsebob wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:I was bored during the race. It was a first for this season. I don't like Monaco at all.
I have to agree.
+1

I too agree! Monaco is THE boring race of the year unless your favorite driver is leading the race and with 'almost' nothing happening on track. Just the glamour makes it up for Monaco 8) Hey, there aren't any sexy photos emerging anywhere from Monaco 2012 - at least I have seen just a few!

Speedster
Speedster

Paul wrote:Well, it is a special case. I am sure I am not the only one who each year gets all excited as the week starts, then gets frustrated wuth the race itself (with few exceptions), but next year it's all the same. Can't say I have same feeling for Valencia street circuit. Montreal and Singapore are a bit closer in that regard.

And each year when I see an on-board shot for the first time, even if it's installation lap in practice, I am in awe. Even this year, when I got utterly board toward the end of the race, for a second I imagined myself in Webber's position and again was impressed- dry lap here is like a wet lap on most other circuits, one miscalculation of grip available in the corner, and you're out.

By the way, anyone with a recording can do an analysis of who gained how many places by cutting the first corner? Might be interesting...
Last things first, difficult to say. Vettel, Hulkenberg, Ricciardo, the Virgins and Kovalainen cut the corner as far as I could see. Vettel probably gained a place on Raikonnen this way (although he was in front before it), Hulkenberg stays where he was pretty much, but Senna for example didn't cut and was 10th after the first corner. I'm not happy with the corner solution though. Part of this race is the first corner of the race and if you just can avoid incidents by cutting the corner, why qualify at all?

If there is demand, I can make a few screenshots, also with onboards of the first corner, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

About the race: I've always loved the qualifying here. Flat out, wheel to wall, Monaco comes to live then. The race is normally a bit boring, this time it was excessively boring in my honest opinion, the only excitement was the pit stop phase and the few laps around it, and momentarily Vettel having great pace and threatening the leaders (only to later realize he didn't really, as Webber was just controlling it).

The reason why it was so boring is because we have the Pirelli tires that are there to provide a show. In this race, which I know is a bit different than others, the only thing it did was create an economy run. One stop strategy with tyre nursing for all the laps. That's the problem with this tyres, as long as it's providing a show, I'm sort of ok with it as I did enjoy the last few races, but as soon as it's not, the "racing" is bordering on the ridiculous. I'd rather watch a procession where riders don't have to nurse tyres. When riders aren't going full out, Monaco is just another circuit, as they aren't risking it by going for every inch of track at the highest speed possible. Even I can drive around the most difficult circuit in the world without problem as long as I don't have to go as fast as possible...