2012 European GP - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2012 European GP - Valencia

They'll make sure he get's a good batch of tyres, everyone else in the top 10 will get the tyres that failed QA testing.

I wouldn't be suprised if Schumacher won at Valencia. To be honest, I don't think I would be suprised if Petrov somehow won.

I really do hope Valencia is the start of some sort of stability, and we get a driver winning his second race of the season.

myurr

zyphro wrote:Is there any real meaning behind this article?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100478

:wtf:
Just a PR puff piece to generate a little bit of news. That said Schumacher did go very well in Monaco, so perhaps there is something to it.

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:I guess it's just Schumacher's turn.
Pirelli Rep: We decided to give Michael a present for his longevity in F1. As we sat around our table trying to come up with an appropriate gift for Michael, it suddenly dawned upon me! I thought to myself, what better than to celebrate Michael's longevity with 2 sets of tires that have both grip and longevity? I know a few of my colleagues said this brings back memories of the Bridgestone days with those special tires Michael had, but we had to do something to counter-act the Silver Arrow sabotage against the greatest F1 champion who ever lived.

Hail22

As much as i find it amusing I doubt that will happen...however if we were to entertain this idea and Schumacher wins...Not only would Pirelli be called upon by the WMSC to defend themselves over "fixing" the races with bias, but the FoM and FIA would be equally accountable (As the FIA check tyres to make sure they're legitimate for that race via barcodes on the sidewall of the tyres).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

I thought it was a bad move on Hembery's part. Him bringing up a prediction can only bring bad things. If Schumacher then doesn't win (wrong prediction) then he'll be an idiot. If Schumacher does win (right prediction) people will accuse him of race fixing and giving Schumacher tyres from 2010.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SeijaKessen

raymondu999 wrote:I thought it was a bad move on Hembery's part. Him bringing up a prediction can only bring bad things. If Schumacher then doesn't win (wrong prediction) then he'll be an idiot. If Schumacher does win (right prediction) people will accuse him of race fixing and giving Schumacher tyres from 2010.
Well it wouldn't be the first time Schumacher benefited from special equipment. :twisted:

bhall

I agree, Ray. Hembery having anything at all to say about the outcome of a race is a bit like a judge publicly predicting the outcome of a trial. And given the circumstances of the season and Schumacher's reputation, all Hembery has done here is give fodder for those who would crucify Schumacher should he win.

Maybe for Pirelli there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

raymondu999

bhallg2k wrote:I agree, Ray.
We must cherish and bookmark this post! A world first for us to be agreeing! :lol:
Hembery having anything at all to say about the outcome of a race is a bit like a judge publicly predicting the outcome of a trial.
Judge, no... but more like the foreman of the jury. It's a bit like how people were castigating Glock after he revealed he had put 10 quid down for Vettel to win the title in Singapore.
And given the circumstances of the season and Schumacher's reputation, all Hembery has done here is give fodder for those who would crucify Schumacher should he win.
Agreed.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:I agree, Ray. Hembery having anything at all to say about the outcome of a race is a bit like a judge publicly predicting the outcome of a trial. And given the circumstances of the season and Schumacher's reputation, all Hembery has done here is give fodder for those who would crucify Schumacher should he win.

I'd argue in favor of your last statement just based on the Pirelli lotto.

It's proven to be quite popular among the less-informed populace.

The only people people I've seen who have been vehemently opposed to the Pirelli situation are those who are actually aware that F1 existed prior to the year 2000, and that there were other great Ferrari drivers prior to Michael Schumacher. That is to say, those with an understanding of F1's past are in a distinct minority these days, and aren't so enamored with glitter.

BTW, if you have a chance, check out the last page of the latest Car & Driver magazine. There is an interview with Hans-Joachim Stuck there.
Last edited by SeijaKessen on 19 Jun 2012, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.

bhall

I had no idea magazines are still printed.

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:I had no idea magazines are still printed.
:lol:

I am surrounded by the printed word on a daily basis.

Anything one could desire to know within the realms of the physical universe is likely within grasp, or near it for me.

But more on topic, I will be more than happy with Ferrari getting on the podium in Valencia. I just hope the team has learned from the pit stop error in Canada, and won't be trying that again.

waynes

personally i wouldnt be unhappy if this race was rained off

its even more boring than Monaco

FrukostScones

SeijaKessen wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:I agree, Ray. Hembery having anything at all to say about the outcome of a race is a bit like a judge publicly predicting the outcome of a trial. And given the circumstances of the season and Schumacher's reputation, all Hembery has done here is give fodder for those who would crucify Schumacher should he win.

I'd argue in favor of your last statement just based on the Pirelli lotto.

It's proven to be quite popular among the less-informed populace.

The only people people I've seen who have been vehemently opposed to the Pirelli situation are those who are actually aware that F1 existed prior to the year 2000, and that there were other great Ferrari drivers prior to Michael Schumacher. That is to say, those with an understanding of F1's past are in a distinct minority these days, and aren't so enamored with glitter.

BTW, if you have a chance, check out the last page of the latest Car & Driver magazine. There is an interview with Hans-Joachim Stuck there.
so you say real F1fans oppose to Pirelli tyre situation (whatever this might be) and people who love it are glitter blinded noobs that don't follow as long as it takes to be regarded as serious fan?

Can't here this lottery stuff anymore (and I m folloing since 1989), next time ALO is on P1 I call it pure luck.

Btw. 29/29/30 dry degrees on my forecast. I hope Grosjean or MAL or PER wins (with one stop less) to leave the fanboys in tears.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

raymondu999

When does this race actually see rain on the calendar year? I mean, what months generally? The race should be moved to then.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

myurr

raymondu999 wrote:When does this race actually see rain on the calendar year? I mean, what months generally? The race should be moved to then.
If we have to keep this race then that would be one way to try and inject some interest in it!

@FrukostScones - they've been running around several threads insulting anyone who disagrees with them, just ignore them and maybe they'll go away.