2012 German GP - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Hail22

Re: 2012 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzeJLLf1rw[/youtube]

A memory I still hold dear of the old Hockenheimring....Oh how I miss you...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nVspbf ... re=related[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raceman

Red Bull slams IMF for penalizing Vettel

Oh my! :oops: dirty Marko trying to save as*!

stefan_

According to Marko, a former Austrian F1 driver, Vettel's manoeuvre that resulted in the German running off the track was "normal".
:lol:
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

siskue2005

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlbFQKuFkrQ[/youtube]
@2:47

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbb70UDF ... re=related[/youtube]

so why was all these allowed?

Mr Alcatraz

The specific rule clarification was only anounced a few weeks ago. That doesn't stop the myopic, arrogant Marko and his followers from showing utter disrespect for the rules (as poorly as they are generally enforced by The FIA)
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

GrizzleBoy

raceman wrote:Red Bull slams IMF for penalizing Vettel

Oh my! :oops: dirty Marko trying to save as*!
Toro Rosso driver Jean-Eric Vergne also voiced his support for Vettel, claiming that "Jenson should have given him space. I would have reacted in the same way as Sebastian."
KISS THAT ASS BOY AHAHAHAH ahhhhh and there goes my respect for Vergne.

Button should have "left space" for Vettel?...........really?

Ah well, Vergne will be gone after 2012 anyway :roll:

raymondu999

GrizzleBoy wrote:Ah well, Vergne will be gone after 2012 anyway :roll:
Not after saying that he won't :twisted:

On a more serious note. Toro Rosso usually give their new blood at LEAST 1.5-2 years to prove themselves. Even if they always qualified 17-18 for the whole year and finished there (barring reliability issues) I'm quite sure that they would give at least until the August break next year - or just before that.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

why would Vergne go? He´s beating his teammate...
It´s just low fuel speed he´s having issues with.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

beelsebob

Nando wrote:why would Vergne go? He´s beating his teammate...
True he's beating his team mate on points, but it's 5 races all so far, and Ricciardo is the one who's in the ascendancy at the moment – he's beaten vergne in all of the last 4 races.

Nando

beelsebob wrote:
Nando wrote:why would Vergne go? He´s beating his teammate...
True he's beating his team mate on points, but it's 5 races all so far, and Ricciardo is the one who's in the ascendancy at the moment – he's beaten vergne in all of the last 4 races.
Sure but what does that do when you can´t bring home points?

He´s starting further up ahead but usually ends the race below Vergne.
Vergne would have been even further ahead had he not gambled on full wets in Monaco.

And i think we are starting to see Vergne figuring out the low-fuel issues he´s been having.
He doesn´t seem to the extract everything from the car compared to Ricciardo over a lap but it looks like he´s on the right way.

We can´t forget either that these two are rookies. We should atleast give them 2,5 years to compare with Buemi/Jamie.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Hail22

Just for you Bhall!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSyFq7Upj4[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

bhall

Outstanding.

Alonso irritates me in that regard. I mangle English, and it's the only language I know aside from a few classroom-related essentials from my high school German studies.

"Darf ich bitte das wasser trinken?" "Darf ich bitte zur Toilette gehen?" "Ich habe einen baren hunger."

And this guy can throw out Spanish, Italian and English at-will. Of course, it's probably not all that uncommon amongst many Europeans.

Wasn't there a rule at some point that required English over the radio for TV purposes? Or has English just been the language unofficially chosen to bridge the communication gap amongst people from all over the world?

Hail22

bhallg2k wrote:
Wasn't there a rule at some point that required English over the radio for TV purposes? Or has English just been the language unofficially chosen to bridge the communication gap amongst people from all over the world?

I believe there was, however seeing as all the com lines are open for the FIA/FoM to publish at will Ferrari most likely argued the point across that it effects strategy? (lets face it, not every team has someone who will speak/understand Italian plus by the time they know what the message was...the race is either half way completed or over..)

Gilles Villeneuve

siskue2005

IMO it is incredibly naive to think no one in an top international europe based teams like merc, rbr , Mclaren who can't understand Italian
I am sure there are people in top teams who can understand majority of the European language
If they had talked in Latin or Sanskrit I agree with you but otherwise
And moreover it wont take half a race or the entire race to translate what they said,people in twitter tweeted what they spoke in just minutes during the race :!:

But In the end it is just fans like us who are left in dark with this crazy strategic "non English" radio talk :(

marcush.

Interestingly italien and german language does not go well into the head of the other -when a lot of engineers in italy and germany speak sort of english...
I understand italien and spanish is not far apart so maybe you see things there ..no language talent galore in the world of racing..