2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

Yep, NonNewtonic is right; I follow from RTL and they didn't show the moments you mention either.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

FW17

andrewf1 wrote:
Shrieker wrote:How Maldondo retired:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/09/05/f ... ash-glock/
Oh Maldonado.... :roll: lol

Next time [-o< I hope Maldanado continues till the stewards hand him his penalties :lol:

Wonder why he stopped when he knew penalties were coming. At least he could have bettered his Italian GP weekend.

raymondu999

Maybe he couldn't?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

morefirejules08

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102264

derek Warick's take on Grosjeans ban
Formula 1's leading drivers have been warned that none of them are above getting a race ban according to former grand prix racer and FIA race steward Derek Warwick.

Warwick suggests that the hard-line action taken against Romain Grosjean for causing a first corner crash in Belgium should act as a stark reminder to all drivers that they will be punished if they drive in a manner that the FIA deems unacceptable

In an exclusive interview with AUTOSPORT, Warwick said: "I think that all drivers have to realise that they are not beyond being disqualified for one, two, three or four races.

"If something happens that is considered dangerous then I think that the stewards should act like they did at Spa, where they got it absolutely spot on.

"Romain is a great driver; a fast driver; and a good race driver when he is clear of the first lap. But we've had 12 races now and I believe he has had seven incidents within the first lap. It [the race ban] was right.

"If I just look at Spa on its own, I think it deserved the penalty it got and if you take everything else into consideration it deserved the penalty it got."

He added: "Let's hope other people learn what can happen to them. I think that all of these drivers, and I don't care who they are - Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel - they are not beyond getting stopped for one or two races."

Jackie Stewart claims that a race ban is a much better way of getting through to a driver about his actions than being imposed with a big fine.

"I think the only thing that really gets home to a racing driver is not being allowed to race," he told AUTOSPORT. "A financial penalty? Quite frankly most of them make enough money to pay for that. It's never comfortable but it doesn't really hurt them.

"The ban really gets to the importance of it and tells them what they must not do. I think it is the correct decision. And in a way he might be lucky not to have a two-race ban because there have been too many incidents in one year."

Although refusing to name names, Warwick has suggested that there are other drivers on the grid who are more under the spotlight.

"We all want to see quick drivers. Anyone can talk to a camera or be fit or the other things you need to do to be a grand prix driver, but to be fast, not everybody can do that. We don't want to take that away from the person.

"That's what makes Lewis Hamilton so exciting to watch because he is fast, committed and controversial: all of the things we want from a grand prix driver. But there are other drivers out there who are equally fast but making mistakes."
I wonder who he is talking about in the last 3 paragraphs :lol:

zyphro

Maldonaldo clearly had a jump start ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elw1bt89iBc

zyphro

morefirejules08 wrote:
Although refusing to name names, Warwick has suggested that there are other drivers on the grid who are more under the spotlight.
Ha ha, refusing? Doesn't need to: Michael will always be on his list ;).

AlpineF1

I think people may be being a little harsh on Roman i mean if he took out Timo Glock would you still be calling him all the names under the sun.? I'm not excusing his actions at all in my opinion next year chuck him in Force India or something then Paul Di Resta can have his seat.!!
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

strad

self delete
Last edited by strad on 07 Sep 2012, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

zyphro wrote:Maldonaldo clearly had a jump start ;):

ok...
.09 lights out,,no movement...he cuts a perfect light
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

zyphro

strad wrote:
zyphro wrote:Maldonaldo clearly had a jump start ;):

ok...
.09 lights out,,no movement...he cuts a perfect light
.24-25, he's moving before the lights gone out.

strad

must be...only Charlie has the data...and the final word.
Sir Stirling Moss

raymondu999

It's a clear-cut factual thing. Either you launched before, or after the lights blink out. It's a simple time vs telemetry trace I suppose. If he really didn't jump the start, Williams would protest and show the data proving Maldonado didn't jump the start.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

strad

I said that while visually it appears he cut a perfect light, there is transponders in the car and sensors in the front line of the box, so if Charlie says he jumped I have no choice but to believe him,,why would he lie,, but I bet it was by thousandths,,if not ten thousandths. :0
Sir Stirling Moss

FW17

strad wrote:I said that while visually it appears he cut a perfect light, there is transponders in the car and sensors in the front line of the box, so if Charlie says he jumped I have no choice but to believe him,,why would he lie,, but I bet it was by thousandths,,if not ten thousandths. :0
Is there a tolerance to this? Everything in engineering and manufacturing has a tolerance, even FIA testing and 107% qualifying time.

Is there a video of Maldonado blocking Hulkenberg? Was it blatant or Alonso Monza 2006?

Dragonfly

AFAIK it's called anticipated start and visually from the outside it looks like a faulty start is just when the lights come off. But for a very long time now this is electronically controlled. There's also a minimum time no matter how fast are the reactions of a man between lights coming off, brain processing it and action takes place. It's not without purpose that the starting system applies a random generated delay between the time all lights are on and going off. The purpose is to prevent anticipated starts and rely really on drivers' reactions. If the lights go off with the same time interval they light one by one everyone will get into the rhythm.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012