2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

Thankyou Beelsebob,

As i was saying, Ferrari were nowhere near Mclarens pace. I would say on what Hamilton said after the race, and what happened one Perez passed Alonso, Hamilton increased his pace by around a second a lap.

IMO if a car is half a second a lap slower, it is nowhere near the pace of the faster car. And that was easily the difference in race pace between the Ferrari & Mclaren
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

simieski
simieski

thechainrule wrote:Does anyone have a link to video/audio of Vettel being told to shut the car down?
Why on earth would you want to hear that again? He has the most ridiculous/irritating sounding race engineer imaginable! If your in the uk a clip of it is shown during the bbc highlights.

''Stop the car, we need to save the engine, same problem as P3, stop the car''
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Ray

Forget it, worthless discussion to get involved in.

raymondu999

Race history chart.

Interesting the last few laps of the two Ferraris - rather than climbing up as everyone else's does (everyone who finished, anyways) the two Ferraris sort of levelled off, and in Massa's case even began declining.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

zyphro
zyphro

raymondu999 wrote:Image

Race history chart.

Interesting the last few laps of the two Ferraris - rather than climbing up as everyone else's does (everyone who finished, anyways) the two Ferraris sort of levelled off, and in Massa's case even began declining.
I think 1-2 laps more, and Massa was dog meat for Schumacher and Rosberg.

NathanOlder

2 more laps definatley. Massa was so slow at the end.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Shrieker

Maybe they were preserving the car (engine, gearbox etc) knowing the race would end.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

raymondu999

I don't think so. Their first stints were also the shortest, possibly indicating that they had the worst tyre life of the top cars.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Shrieker wrote:Maybe they were preserving the car (engine, gearbox etc) knowing the race would end.

They use Monza engines twice where the other race is the least demanding like Monaco.

raymondu999

They wouldn't use it for Monaco, but yes, they cycle it so that Monza and Spa get fresh engines, then those engines are cycled either into a practice-only engine, or onto the less heavy duty tracks
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

rodi
rodi

A view of speed telemetry in Monza from FIA data commented on my blog http://www.rodibasso.wordpress.com:

beelsebob
beelsebob

Interesting, so McLaren won, basically, because they were quick out of the corners and quick at the end of the straight.

rodi
rodi

beelsebob wrote:Interesting, so McLaren won, basically, because they were quick out of the corners and quick at the end of the straight.
if you want to keep it simple, you are right. They had the best car/driver package in Monza.

beelsebob
beelsebob

rodi wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Interesting, so McLaren won, basically, because they were quick out of the corners and quick at the end of the straight.
if you want to keep it simple, you are right. They had the best car/driver package in Monza.
Sometimes the simple observations an the best ones... Ocam's razor and all ;)