2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cam

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Diesel wrote:All of your sources are media reports which are all speculation, lets stick to confirmed quotes from Formula 1 team members please. Or confirmed technical information.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay - you can supply a range of reliable media sources that specifies that Multi 21 is a specific setting. Off ya go. Or do you want to stick with you words alone?

edit:
real TECHNICAL analysis on a TECHNICAL forum
- okay, where is it? I'll read it.
Last edited by Cam on 26 Mar 2013, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

sAx
sAx

beelsebob wrote:
sAx wrote:Don't you know when to stop? Like err.... quit whilst your going is gettting worse!
Given that he just gave you a really good list of evidence, as was asked for, nee demanded, I don't really think you have the right to say that.

Perhaps you should give some evidence to support your theory.

And precisely what is my theory?
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

i70q7m7ghw

Cam wrote:
Diesel wrote:All of your sources are media reports which are all speculation, lets stick to confirmed quotes from Formula 1 team members please. Or confirmed technical information.

okay - you can supply a range of reliable media sources that specifies that Multi 21 is a specific setting. Off ya go. Or do you want to stick with you words alone?
Take a look at the steering wheel fella :roll:

beelsebob

sAx wrote:And precisely what is my theory?
If you have no theory, then perhaps you should stop ridiculing people who provide well reasoned and thought out arguments. While this is the race thread, and it's hardly the most technical topic, that was precicely the kind of post (that's thought out, and backed up with evidence) that we should be encouraging here, not discouraging.

beelsebob

Diesel wrote:
Cam wrote:

Can you point to the Multi-21 setting on the steering wheel? The closest anyone has come is a dial labeled MULT (not multi), with a wheel that doesn't go to 21.

Cam

Diesel wrote:I'm sick of trying to convince someone...
You've offered a picture of a steering wheel and a theory of 2 toggle switches - none of which has been repeated in mainstream media. None of which has been confirmed. If you get sick of trying to convince people with one loose theory - that my friend, is not analysis.
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

sAx
sAx

Diesel wrote:
Cam wrote:

Wouldn't suggest that if I was you, we'll just end up seeing another jpg of the RB8!

i70q7m7ghw

Oh come on people, just use some common sense and think about what is most probably :roll:

I'm out. As I said. You can either enjoy your fanboy media hyped dramas, or engage in some real TECHNICAL discussion on a TECHNICAL forum.

I think alot of you need to clear off to ilove[insertdriverhere].com

sAx
sAx

beelsebob wrote:
sAx wrote:And precisely what is my theory?
If you have no theory, then perhaps you should stop ridiculing people who provide well reasoned and thought out arguments. While this is the race thread, and it's hardly the most technical topic, that was precicely the kind of post (that's thought out, and backed up with evidence) that we should be encouraging here, not discouraging.
So I guess your answer my question then is that you don't know! Can't quite see a better definition for speculation!!

beelsebob

Diesel wrote:Oh come on people, just use some common sense and think about what is most probably :roll:
That's exactly what we've done.

On the one side, we have "multi 21 is a specific setting on the steering wheel". To support this, we have a MULT option on the wheel, which does not go to 21. There is no other evidence.

On the other side, we have "multi 21 is a coded message meaning turn the engine down, preserve tyres, don't race each other". To support this, we have:
  • Vettel claimed he did not hear the order and would not have overtaken if he had.
  • Vettel apologised for overtaking.
  • Horner told vettel "don't be silly" which can not be explained in the former theory.
  • Vettel's engineer stated that there would be "some explaining to do" which can not be explained by the former theory.
  • Matteschits stated that team orders had been ignored.
  • Horner stated that team orders had been ignored.
To me, it's pretty clear what's more likely.

Cam

Diesel wrote:Oh come on people, just use some common sense and think about what is most probably :roll:
So what is 'most probable' to you - is the basis of the technical analysis you're officering as evidence?

There is no fanboyism here - we all want to understand what exactly that term means - and our hunt begins with finding evidence that supports a theory. We than see of other evidence counters or confirms this. So far, most evidence (the bulk of it) supports a code. Now, that may not be the case - but you need to offer more than a wheel and knobs - of which you have absolutely no idea what they are - unless you built it.... did you??? Thought not. So you're guessing. Which is fine, that's a theory. But you need more than one piece of evidence to make a theory solid - something you again, won't do.

So if you're out - well, that's a shame, as you've shown if you don't get your own way you throw a spat... just like Vettel strangely. Vettel - is that you???
― Socrates

Cam

sAx wrote:Wouldn't suggest that if I was you, we'll just end up seeing another jpg of the RB8!
I would have thought that someone who claims to be a "Occupation:Independent Environment Scientist" would be prepared to lay down enough evidence of 'confirmed technical information' to make a solid theory - no? Isn't that what scientists do? You cannot complain about one persons posts, without abiding by your own rules - it's called hypocrisy.
― Socrates

i70q7m7ghw

So because MULT is missing 1 letter it means nothing?

Why would they say "Multi" why not "Banana 21"? Why not "Elephant 21" ?

Read my previous posts regarding pre-race agreements about strategy and what the drivers do when the cars are in the "Multi 21" cruise to the finish setting. I've said it already, I'm not saying it again.
Last edited by i70q7m7ghw on 27 Mar 2013, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob

Diesel wrote:So because MULT is missing 1 letter it means nothing?

Why would Multi-21, Banana-21, or Elephant-21 refer to a wheel that doesn't go to 21 and says "MULT" any more than a wheel that doesn't go to 21, and says "Q". Why would it refer to any wheel at all when no wheel goes to 21, and there's a different, entirely plausible, and backed up by evidence explanation for what "multi-21" means?

Cam

Diesel wrote:So because MULT is missing 1 letter it means nothing?

Maybe it is a 'multi' switch. But the numbers don't seem to go to 21, do they? So the theory goes - tie in the opposite 'C' switch to make the 2 and use the MULT switch to make the 1'.

We get that. Ok. So where is some further supporting evidence? We can't just take your word for it - no matter how obvious it may initially appear. Go and get a list of sources that agree with you, or try to tie your theory in by comparing it with other steering wheels that use the same ECU. Find an obscure Patent that show one switch overriding all others in an ECU. Show a similar feature on another car........ anything....... just show something more than one pic.
― Socrates