2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cam

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

beelsebob wrote:
Diesel wrote:
Cam wrote: No, not at all. Although I have no in-depth technical knowledge of how it specifically works - my understanding is that by changing settings on the wheel, you change the settings in the ECU - which then make the revenant changes to engine maps, throttle positions, fuel mix, damper, clutch etc... am I close? What I have not heard of - or know of in any other similar application - is a 'one button to rule them all'. I'm asking you to show that to me, please.
Uh, it can't change throttle position
What it can do though is modify the curve that maps throttle pedal position onto throttle application in the engine, within the limitations of 0 travel being engine idle, and full travel being full throttle.
What Bob says. Apologies, as I said, I don't fully understand all the switches and what they do, I have a general idea that they can control individual aspects of the car - that's probably a better way of saying it.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Lotus steering wheel also with a MULTIMAP rotary. Can we agree that the MULT on the RB wheel is most likely a MULTIMAP rotary with an abbreviated label?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Diesel wrote:Lotus steering wheel also with a MULTIMAP rotary. Can we agree that the MULT on the RB wheel is most likely a MULTIMAP rotary with an abbreviated label?
No one ever suggested it didn't. Now, can you suggest where the dial must be turned to to engage entry 21 using an 8 option dial? Can you suggest why the team all stated that multi-21 was a team order, if it wasn't?

Richard
Richard

Calm down, it's only a few bits of plastic and metal going round in circles!

- RB confirmed there was a team order to hold station
- RB confirmed they ordered both drivers to turn their engines down.

We don't know if those were separate orders, or if "Multi 21" is merely a code word for both, or if it requires selecting certain rotaries using "2" and "1", or pressing "10" twice and "1" to show up "21" on the multifunction display.

For what it's worth my favourite is the multi function display input, and that the drivers know that setting is when used when they need to hold station.

Name calling posts have been deleted. Some members should expect a quiet word about bickering tomorrow.