2013 Belgian GP - Spa

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
el-Magico
el-Magico

Re: 2013 Belgian GP - Spa

WilliamsF1 wrote: It was funny the way LH let FA past at La Source with the intention of regaining it at les combes only to see FA do one of the late late braking he is famous for.
Hamilton mentioned this to Vettel before the podium ceremony; Alonso reply was that the Merc. was so slow on the straight, also Rosberg who he overtook easily. :mrgreen:
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

F1NAC

In the race it was funny when hamilton let Alonso in front for DRS and yet he couldn't overtook him :D

SectorOne

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Juzh wrote: Vettel said they ran canada spec setup
And?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Phil

el-Magico wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote: It was funny the way LH let FA past at La Source with the intention of regaining it at les combes only to see FA do one of the late late braking he is famous for.
Hamilton mentioned this to Vettel before the podium ceremony; Alonso reply was that the Merc. was so slow on the straight, also Rosberg who he overtook easily. :mrgreen:
I was rather surprised that the BBC didn't really pick this one up during the race. Hamilton had already done this move in a previous race (don't recall which one), I think even in a fight with Alonso where it worked, but eventually had to concede the place regardless. A good intelligent effort IMO, as with DRS, Alonso would have gotten past anyway.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SectorOne

He sort of had to, if he did not Alonso would have went past anyways. Once again Alonso and Hamilton play mind games with DRS zones ;) (Canada last time, both stomping the brake haha)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Huntresa
Huntresa

SectorOne wrote:
And?
I think he means to say that they didnt run a little tiny wing compared to the real little tiny wing used on friday practice.

theformula

Huntresa wrote:
SectorOne wrote:
And?
I think he means to say that they didnt run a little tiny wing compared to the real little tiny wing used on friday practice.
Yeah but it was still much skinnier than any other wing out there, which just shows how much downforce the red bulls already produce that they don't need a bigger wing.
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

There was a lot of booing at the GP, TV presenters were talking about protests and I know a few IRCers were calling BS on this.

Well basically, this is what was going on:-
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBVGKFgAUU[/youtube]

FOM did a good job of making sure very little was visible on the world feed, so it was only really visible to those at the circuit.

komninosm
komninosm

Diesel wrote:There was a lot of booing at the GP, TV presenters were talking about protests and I know a few IRCers were calling BS on this.

Well basically, this is what was going on:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBVGKFgAUU

FOM did a good job of making sure very little was visible on the world feed, so it was only really visible to those at the circuit.
Best part of the race :lol:

gandharva

Slightly OffTopic but well worth it imo. :D

dren

Ahh Webber, my ninja.
Honda!

iotar__

Juzh wrote:
iotar__ wrote: I disagree, 2012 was equally good chance, car slower but season more competitive, without McLaren's unreliability (Singapore) we would have had unsettled Vettel much earlier, under pressure Vettel is the one making mistakes like in Brazil and USA. Plus potentially three horse race.
Mistake in the usa? You call getting blocked in high speed section by a moving chickane a mistake? Had he not been blocked hamilton never would have gotten passed him.
Yep, losing certain win after leading the race from pole against similarly paced car is a mistake, blaming Karthikeyan is a poor excuse and only excuse it is, Hamilton lost more time behind Raikkonen, but let's not digress further.

MBilcke

saw Bernie, Niki and Christian together in a local bar in Francorchamps on saturdaynight.
Normal night with friends on a race weekend?

Ray

As much as I've crapped on Romain this season, I was glad to see Perez get a reprimand. He squeezed Romain off track and caused him to overshoot. Good to see him stick up for himself.

iotar__

MBilcke wrote:saw Bernie, Niki and Christian together in a local bar in Francorchamps on saturdaynight.
Normal night with friends on a race weekend?
No, it's strictly business. The same way they were discussing Pirelli changes (see photo in Caption Competition) only this time it was about Michelin :twisted:.

Going back to Perez. There's no "forcing off the track in the breaking zone", there's "forcing off the track", period, like Vettel-Alonso Monza 2012 or Ham-Webb Hungary 2013. It's funny how Coulthard (and others) didn't think about it in terms of penalties but when he got one it was suddenly CERTAIN AND OBVIOUS. It's called expectation bias, you watch it: nothing, you know it's under investigation: oh, it doesn't look good, penalty given: oh, that's obvious.

Here's my theory, FIA manipulated results in Hungary by giving BS penalties so now to cover it they gave "similar" penalties for nothing to show: see, we're not biased. Gutierrez for going off, although this one wasn't even close to Gro-Mass, in the other one speed makes all the difference and you could argue that what Perez did was dangerous. Let's wait until "high profile" driver does it to test it.