2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
foxmulder_ms

Re: 2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

? F1 cars basically can stop instantly at that speed. There was zero danger there. Shame that I will remember this penalty and nothing else from this gp after 2-3 years. Ridiculous decision.

wesley123

I think it is deserved, Alonso stopped at a ridiculous place on the track and webber just ran across the track, barely looking. If that happened 50 or so meters further down the track it would have been much less of a problem.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

SectorOne

Had he just stopped in a more safe place nothing would have been said. Penalty was a warning to use some common sense.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

CHT
CHT

For say thats comical and fan loves it?

I think webber is in a different planet at the moment, I dont think he is thinking straight.

astracrazy

foxmulder_ms wrote:? F1 cars basically can stop instantly at that speed. There was zero danger there. Shame that I will remember this penalty and nothing else from this gp after 2-3 years. Ridiculous decision.
zero danger? :lol: are you mad.

A car stopping on the racing line on the exit of a corner and another driver running around on the track on the exit of the corner is no danger?

raymondu999

Yes. Easy to forget that this is the cooldown lap, with the cars on cold, worn tyres and cold brakes
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

piast9

foxmulder_ms wrote:? F1 cars basically can stop instantly at that speed. There was zero danger there. Shame that I will remember this penalty and nothing else from this gp after 2-3 years. Ridiculous decision.
Nope, they can't. There is almost no downforce at this speed and probably all of them have huge amount of marbles collected on the tyres.

Remember pitlane crash in Canada in 2008? Speed was low, tyres were fresh and warm, Hamilton braked too late and slid softly into the Raikkonen rear wing and then he stopped instantly.

Kiril Varbanov

Mandrake

raymondu999 wrote:Yes. Easy to forget that this is the cooldown lap, with the cars on cold, worn tyres and cold brakes
Not to forget that drivers might look a little into the spectator rows and not focus on the track as they would in the actual race.

turbof1

And on top of that they will be exhausted. This is along malaysia physically the hardest circuit for the drivers. Because of that alone, they will already react quite a bit slower.

The lift itself was fine. That's just a gentleman's gesture which by all means should be encouraged instead of discouraged. If they can envelop it into some safety protocols I don't see any reason why this can't happen in the future. It doesn't take more responsibility and common sense then any of us have to show in daily traffic.
#AeroFrodo

komninosm

turbof1 wrote:And on top of that they will be exhausted. This is along malaysia physically the hardest circuit for the drivers. Because of that alone, they will already react quite a bit slower.

The lift itself was fine. That's just a gentleman's gesture which by all means should be encouraged instead of discouraged. If they can envelop it into some safety protocols I don't see any reason why this can't happen in the future. It doesn't take more responsibility and common sense then any of us have to show in daily traffic.
The funniest camera angle is from Hamilton's car. He's driving all relaxed, cool and slow with one hand on the wheel then he makes the turn and sees them and instantly puts both hands on the steering wheel and looks like he almost --- his pants :p

rssh

Guys I have a doubt its silly but did Seb get Grand Chelem in Singapore ? Ros did actually get ahead in the 1st corner so the Lead every lap clause is void isn't it?

MOWOG

Whether you lead a lap is determined by your position when you cross the finish line at the end of it. You could be behind at every corner, but if you are ahead at the end of the lap, you are deemed to have led that lap.
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

SectorOne

komninosm wrote:The funniest camera angle is from Hamilton's car. He's driving all relaxed, cool and slow with one hand on the wheel then he makes the turn and sees them and instantly puts both hands on the steering wheel and looks like he almost --- his pants :p
Where can i see this? :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

langwadt

SectorOne wrote:
komninosm wrote:The funniest camera angle is from Hamilton's car. He's driving all relaxed, cool and slow with one hand on the wheel then he makes the turn and sees them and instantly puts both hands on the steering wheel and looks like he almost --- his pants :p
Where can i see this? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13tQz0W1lU