2013 Indian GP - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Traction

Re: 2013 Indian GP - Buddh

komninosm wrote:
MOWOG wrote:I asked myself the same questions during the race. I saw Seb off the track sometimes 3 or more times PER LAP! Yet not a peep from the stewards. :wtf: I don't begrude Vettel his win and title, but the officiating in F1 has become a complete and utter joke. :evil:
Wait, didn't they say that was only legal in qualifying?
Did only Vettel do it so much in the race or many drivers?
Many drivers.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

henra

richard_leeds wrote:Who said he did skip on parc ferme? It's common for cars to stop on track after a race for various reasons. They all get taken to the scrutineers afterwards.
Eaxactly!
If memory doesn't completely fool me Grosjean also parked his car somewhere at the end of the pits and didn't bring his car to parc fermé either.

mikeerfol

henra wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:Who said he did skip on parc ferme? It's common for cars to stop on track after a race for various reasons. They all get taken to the scrutineers afterwards.
Eaxactly!
If memory doesn't completely fool me Grosjean also parked his car somewhere at the end of the pits and didn't bring his car to parc fermé either.
I think it was both Lotuses actually.

Blackout

RubberSoul wrote:I ran a couple of comparisons between Kimi and Romain in order to see where the differences were.

Here's first the the laptime comparison

http://i.imgur.com/3vA0geh.jpg

It can be seen that up to lap 44-45 or so Kimi was as fast or faster, but then his tires started to degrade.
After pitting on the penultimate lap, his lap time was about 3 s faster than Romain's on the last lap.

And here's another comparison:

http://i.imgur.com/hRfqmlN.jpg

This shows the same thing: Kimi was generally faster up to lap 44 or so. The difference was in the beginning where Romain was
running much slower laptimes for the 3 first laps. This combined with the fact that he had a new set of tires enabled him to pit much later on lap 13 vs. Kimi on lap 7. Kimi's race was ruined by the overheating brakes and poor strategy. His first lap stop was more than 3 s longer than normally because they had to cool down the brakes. Kimi said that he had virtually no brakes during the 20 first laps: whenever he was running close to another car his brakes overheated and faded.
Dont forget that Grosjean was managing his engine and short shifting from lap 29/30 because of the problem he got on his valve air supply (same problem as Singapore)

Hail22

Kimi Vs Alan Pit lane:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPXGwJ43Xo[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Websta

henra wrote:
Eaxactly!
From the sporting regs:
After receiving the end-of-race signal all cars must proceed on the circuit directly to the post
race parc fermé without any unnecessary delay, without receiving any object whatsoever and
without any assistance (except that of the marshals if necessary).
Any classified car which cannot reach the post race parc fermé under its own power will be
placed under the exclusive control of the marshals who will take the car to the parc fermé.
He was in breach of the first bolded statement and was not under the protection of the second bolded statement. The Lotuses were.

Not that I think it should be a punishable offence, but anyway.

foxmulder_ms

Watched the last labs again, at the end Vettel's celebration is just great. Awesome scenes.