2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Helios

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

beelsebob wrote:
I expect something along the lines of:
1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. RBR
4. Williams

at this circuit.
More like

1. Merc

2. Rest

Honestly, this one should be a troublefree 1-2 for Mercedes if they get both cars to the finish.

Juzh

beelsebob wrote: I expect something along the lines of:
1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. RBR
4. Williams

at this circuit.
Curious as to why you put ferrari in front of RB. Any particular reason? If last year (and years before) is anything to go by, bahrain being heavy rear limited should suit RB far more then the ever traction struggling ferrari.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Juzh wrote:
1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. RBR
4. Williams

at this circuit.
Curious as to why you put ferrari in front of RB. Any particular reason? If last year (and years before) is anything to go by, bahrain being heavy rear limited should suit RB far more then the ever traction struggling ferrari.
The Ferrari struggling for traction is a fair point, but I do think the PU is going to dominate over the traction issues, and RB are not going to be able to capitalise on their chassis.

Juzh

I believe its too close to call, hence 2. rbr/ferrari

SpecialCircumstances
SpecialCircumstances

beelsebob wrote:
Juzh wrote:
1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. RBR
4. Williams

at this circuit.
The Ferrari struggling for traction is a fair point, but I do think the PU is going to dominate over the traction issues, and RB are not going to be able to capitalise on their chassis.
Uhm, you are aware that that the Ferrari PU is has as bad if not even worse problems that the Renault one right now right? Or are you assuming it will become significantly better with whatever new software they bring?

rajs41
rajs41

Afterburner

Don't understand why people put Ferrari on top of RB here, Ferrari engine + PU are the achilles heel for Ferrari right now, they have a big gap to mercedes engine and also some gap to renault engine.

From my perspective i see williams and mclaren stronger here than Ferrari.

willmesquita

TheGkbrk wrote:I do think that Red Bull will be slower as well however their good traction may help them a bit. For Ferrari, they may be a bit closer to the front. If their suggested updates work that will be even better. So Merc dominate, RBR-Fer-Wil close fight for podium.
Alonso confirmed that won't have updates before China.

I don't know why everyone has faith in Ferrari at Sakhir...from my perspective Williams / Mclaren and Hulk will be very strong this weekend, even more than Alonso and Kimi.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

beelsebob
beelsebob

willmesquita wrote:
TheGkbrk wrote:I do think that Red Bull will be slower as well however their good traction may help them a bit. For Ferrari, they may be a bit closer to the front. If their suggested updates work that will be even better. So Merc dominate, RBR-Fer-Wil close fight for podium.
Alonso confirmed that won't have updates before China.

I don't know why everyone has faith in Ferrari at Sakhir...from my perspective Williams / Mclaren and Hulk will be very strong this weekend, even more than Alonso and Kimi.
Williams certainly, but I doubt McLaren will be strong here.

ringo

Podium for....The Force India of HULKENBERG...
Real talk!! being perfectly serious. :P
For Sure!!

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:Bahrain as a circuit will not suit their car, so I expect them to be further away.
Don't forget they did dominate the last 2 races here though - and in 2012 that RB8 wasn't dominant at that stage in the season
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ACJJ619
ACJJ619

I think Williams have shown great dry pace and the speed trap/fuel figures indicate they have a very slippery car. I expect Bottas to really challenge for 3rd place behind Hamilton in 1st and Rosberg in 2nd.

basti313
basti313

SpecialCircumstances wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Juzh wrote: Curious as to why you put ferrari in front of RB. Any particular reason? If last year (and years before) is anything to go by, bahrain being heavy rear limited should suit RB far more then the ever traction struggling ferrari.
Uhm, you are aware that that the Ferrari PU is has as bad if not even worse problems that the Renault one right now right? Or are you assuming it will become significantly better with whatever new software they bring?
Yes, yes, yes...Ferrari has of course the worst problems. Like always. :roll:
Don`t russel the hamster!

iotar__

There are rumours that FIA is considering cancelling grand prix based on human rights issues:

"...there is a direct correlation between intensified crackdowns on civilians and protesters in the lead up to and during previous Formula 1 events, including enclosing villages in barbed wire, setting up an excessive amount of police checkpoints, firing a disproportionate amount of tear gas into residential areas, and imprisoning protesters. " http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/03/ ... r-the-fia/
Plus bad publicity affecting business side (Ecclestone). I say their fault for protesting next to F1 race.
[I can't wait for Sochi and avalanche of hypocrisy]

lio007

a little bit OT: after the Bahrain-GP on Tue and Wed there is the first in-season-testing for all teams.
With the same procedure like winter-testing: one car per team during testing?