2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MercedesAMGSpy

Re: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

Ganxxta wrote:Whats wrong with McLaren?

They should have the best PU available but can't even finish in the points anymore, is their chassis so crappy?
The car is lacking downforce, only a good engine isn´t enough to be competitive.

lebesset

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:
Ganxxta wrote:Whats wrong with McLaren?

They should have the best PU available but can't even finish in the points anymore, is their chassis so crappy?
The car is lacking downforce, only a good engine isn´t enough to be competitive.
maybe they should bring in a good aero man !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

zeph

Didn't they poach Peter Prodomou from RBR? That should help with the 2015 car, I'd think.

Trivia time:

Only Rosberg, Alonso, Hulkenberg, and Bottas have scored points in all four races.
Last edited by zeph on 20 Apr 2014, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

foxmulder_ms

Emerson.F wrote:The Massa/Fernando incident.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/0a56856a285a ... o1_250.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c2e34c503c9f ... o2_250.gif

Btw Nico was lucky his fron left suspenion did not break with Bottas.

Nice gif. I think Alonso didnt see Massa at all.

vall

prince wrote:
zeph wrote:Races like this reaffirm my belief that Alonso is currently the best driver all around.

But the highlight of the race was Kobayashi overtaking Vettel and the latter's reaction. Now THAT was funny!
There is another "Alonso" who drives now for Force India by the name of Nico. What a driver he is, truly amazing. No matter which team, which car, he pop up to score highly valuable points for his team. Ferrari must be ruing for rejecting him.
I still do not understand why Ferarri chose Kimi for Hulk.

Shrieker

lebesset wrote: maybe they should bring in a good aero man !
zeph wrote:Didn't they poach Peter Prodomou from RBR? That should help with the 2015 car, I'd think.
After the race was done I was following sky's coverage and they mentioned this. Prodromou is on gardening leave from Red Bull, and basically McLaren are haggling to bring his arrival forward. I can definitely see why...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

gray41

Chilton finished again if there are any Chilton fans in here. :mrgreen:
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

djos

Well now we know why Adrian Newey wasn't in China, he was at Silverstone with Mark Webber and Porsche (Webber's team got Porsches first podium with 3rd place):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjn8ucdfyriie ... .41.23.jpg
"In downforce we trust"

Vettel Maggot

That race was quite boring, not much happening due to lack of safety car. Lewis is just cruising around isn't he, life is good, people questioned his move to Mercedes but it's paid off. The flag being brought out 2 laps early was interesting, thank God it wasn't a Bahrain type race with lots of overtaking 2 laps from the end, can you imagine?

Vanja #66

djos wrote:Well now we know why Adrian Newey wasn't in China, he was at Silverstone with Mark Webber and Porsche (Webber's team got Porsches first podium with 3rd place):

Newey's house is 'bout 20 minutes from Silverstone, my understanding is that he went to say Hi and not much more than that... What will be more satisfying for Porsche is that both Audis failed to finish.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

djos

Vanja #66 wrote:
djos wrote:Well now we know why Adrian Newey wasn't in China, he was at Silverstone with Mark Webber and Porsche (Webber's team got Porsches first podium with 3rd place):

Newey's house is 'bout 20 minutes from Silverstone, my understanding is that he went to say Hi and not much more than that... What will be more satisfying for Porsche is that both Audis failed to finish.
How very convenient! ;)
"In downforce we trust"

Emerson.F

Fred having some fun

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

iotar__

ChrisF1 wrote:Alonso pulled the same move at the start of Monaco a few years back and made Grosjean crash, for such a great driver (and probably the best starter on the grid) he often has these lapses. (Japan 2012 when he squeezed Kimi)
Yes, it wasn't 50/50 but at the start it's easier to get away with it. Massa's move was risky but he took his (straight) line fraction of a second earlier and Alonso had a time to adjust. I wouldn't call them lapses but constant, risky, aggressive approach at the start, on average it works despite some losses (more examples: damaged f. wing against Vettel/Webber last season).

henra

prince wrote: There is another "Alonso" who drives now for Force India by the name of Nico. What a driver he is, truly amazing. No matter which team, which car, he pop up to score highly valuable points for his team. Ferrari must be ruing for rejecting him.
I strongly tend to agree!
He is definitely a good one. Often scoring Points out of thin air. Even if the car is not perfect.
F1 sometimes is really hard to understand. Everyone on here (rightly) saw that this guy is top notch, yet the Team Bosses were all very reluctant to hire him. Strange.

gray41

If McLaren had some sense they'd get him in their Honda car next season.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***