2014 Monaco Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Supersoft (option, red)

Polesitter - Nico Rosberg (1:13.876)
Winner - Nico Rosberg (Supersoft - Soft)

Polesitter - Mark Webber (1:14.381) - Michael Schumacher had qualified fastest, but had a 5 place grid penalty
Winner - Mark Webber (Supersoft - Soft)

Polesitter - Sebastian Vettel (1:13.556)
Winner - Sebastian Vettel (Supersoft - Soft - Supersoft)

2013 pole lap - Nico Rosberg (1:13.876)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DameemcGkgs[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Waywardism

Re: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

For the sake of his own sanity Nico has to win this race, and I think he just might. Though I'd love to see Lewis make it 5 in a row.

I expect Williams, Force India and Toro Rosso to struggle here. Red Bull to be very strong, not strong enough to challenge for a win, but with the nature of the track it could well be the first time a Merc gets beaten in a race in 2014, especially if we have a wet qualy or race.

elMaestro

I expect the same more or less, Merc out in front but Rosberg really has to put it together and win this race if he wants to keep a steady challenge for the championship but whoever gets the pole will probably get the win im guessing. I asume Vettel will better Ricciardo in Monaco.

gandharva

1) Hamilton
2) Rosberg
3) Vettel
4) Ricciardo
5) Alonso
6) Raikkonen

Maldonado crashing some other poor driver and causing safety car.

End of race.

Unc1eM0nty

Longest driver parade of the season, even with all the glitz I just can't get exited about this race.

Another Lewis pole, yes Nico was quick last season but Lewis now he the breaking issues sorted.

myurr

Unc1eM0nty wrote:Another Lewis pole, yes Nico was quick last season but Lewis now he the breaking issues sorted.
I can see Rosberg taking more risks on his "banker" lap in Q3 whilst Lewis plays it a little safe only for Lewis to then snatch it from him on their final runs when he can throw caution to the wind. The way the rear of these cars is sliding around is going to make Monaco much more spectacular this year, and I'll be VERY surprised if we don't see the safety car at least a couple of times.

It's definitely good to see the drivers having to work behind the wheel rather than just having the cars grip and go. I think Monaco could be about to separate the men from the boys like it used to before the cars got too predictable on the edge.

Waywardism

myurr wrote:and I'll be VERY surprised if we don't see the safety car at least a couple of times.
With Maldonado on the grid it's pretty much guaranteed.

NTS
NTS

Waywardism wrote:With Maldonado on the grid it's pretty much guaranteed.
Unless the car breaks down before he has a chance to crash it :twisted:

heidenreich27

This guy has 0% Talent, dam for money...

NathanOlder

Qell if the Red Bull is as good a car as people say, they will win here. Renault Power wont let them down here. So a real car test
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RicerDude

With all the brake troubles we're seeing this year I can see saint devote filling up with cars pretty quickly. In fact brake failure could be pretty dangerous round here especially out of the tunnel.

beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:Qell if the Red Bull is as good a car as people say, they will win here. Renault Power wont let them down here. So a real car test
What on earth makes you think that? The power unit is hugely important at Monaco, for a whole batch of reasons - drivability out of corners, breaking stability and predictability, briefly, peak power down into the chicaine, etc. In past years, where the engines all delivered the power in a roughly controllable way, and had nothing to do with slowing the car down, you would be right. In modern terms though, that's really not the case.

gray41

Maybe Nico will finally get one back one Lewis, but I feel if anything the Mercedes might finally be split with Lewis getting 5 on the trot and Nico having to settle behind Vettel in 3rd.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

ringo

For pole: 2 words.... RED....BULL

That chassis is highly misunderstood. I think it's got the best balance and downforce. Engine power will be useful here yes, but i don't think it will factor much over the whole lap.

How much ERS energy is available from braking at this track?
For Sure!!

gray41

I think it would be good for the season if RedBull were to win this one, just to cool some people down.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***