2014 Monaco Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MercedesAMGSpy

Re: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

A Mercedes 1-2 in Monaco and the Mercedes W05 will be more dominant than the Williams FW14B in 1992.

Töm87
Töm87

Huge chance for Roßberg.
If he gets pole and wins he can flip the cards. Monaco isn't only one win it's much more in regards to a driver's skills recognition. If he beats Hamilton, the media will praise him and stop teh talk that he is inferior to hamilton.

Töm87
Töm87

Huge chance for Roßberg.
If he gets pole and wins he can flip the cards. Monaco isn't only one win it's much more in regards to a driver's skills recognition. If he beats Hamilton, the media will praise him and stop teh talk that he is inferior to hamilton.

Töm87
Töm87

NathanOlder wrote:Qell if the Red Bull is as good a car as people say, they will win here. Renault Power wont let them down here. So a real car test
I think it's quiet the opposite really. Aearodynamic downforce isn't all that important in Monaco while the driveability of the power units will be very decisive. I excpect red Bull to struglle her quiet honestly.

WaikeCU

Maybe we could expect the W05 Hybrid to use more of the 8th gear in Monaco?

markn93

WaikeCU wrote:Maybe we could expect the W05 Hybrid to use more of the 8th gear in Monaco?
What makes you say that?

WaikeCU

markn93 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Maybe we could expect the W05 Hybrid to use more of the 8th gear in Monaco?
What makes you say that?
I was thinking of short gearing leads to higher acceleration and with this years turbo, it seems like the power is not in the highest peak of the revs like in the past but sort of lower, so therefor I was thinking we might see Mercedes running more of the 8th gear to gain more acceleration + the power of the turbo. Just my point of view.

Juzh

WaikeCU wrote:
markn93 wrote:
What makes you say that?
I was thinking of short gearing leads to higher acceleration and with this years turbo, it seems like the power is not in the highest peak of the revs like in the past but sort of lower, so therefor I was thinking we might see Mercedes running more of the 8th gear to gain more acceleration + the power of the turbo. Just my point of view.
No offence, but this is just wrong. This was explained a million times already.

oT v1
oT v1

WaikeCU wrote:I was thinking of short gearing leads to higher acceleration and with this years turbo, it seems like the power is not in the highest peak of the revs like in the past but sort of lower, so therefor I was thinking we might see Mercedes running more of the 8th gear to gain more acceleration + the power of the turbo. Just my point of view.
they cant the ratios in-season (apart from one allowed change if you get it all wrong), Monaco will probably be a bit slower than........well, for many years! Monza will be when we see what the 8th gears are like :)
The Power of Dreams

WaikeCU

Juzh wrote:
Sorry, but I'm kinda new to this. That's why I joined this board, but thanks to makes things clear

Bredd
Bredd

A wet monaco would be nice and spicy. Should mix up the qualifying order and monaco punishes errors quite heavily and with the way cars squirm under acceleration should be pretty interesting. Plus I cant remember the time we didn't have a fully wet GP race.

Juzh

WaikeCU wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Sorry, but I'm kinda new to this. That's why I joined this board, but thanks to makes things clear
In short: max power is somewhere between 10500 and 12000rpm. Should you use 8th gear in say monaco tunnel, your revs will drop to much less than that and you will have no power, not to mention horrendous turbo lag.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Töm87 wrote:Huge chance for Roßberg.
If he beats Hamilton, the media will praise him and stop the talk that he is inferior to hamilton.
I clearly recall the media claiming quite the opposite.. I remember words like cerebral..
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

George-Jung
George-Jung

oT v1 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:I was thinking of short gearing leads to higher acceleration and with this years turbo, it seems like the power is not in the highest peak of the revs like in the past but sort of lower, so therefor I was thinking we might see Mercedes running more of the 8th gear to gain more acceleration + the power of the turbo. Just my point of view.
they cant the ratios in-season (apart from one allowed change if you get it all wrong), Monaco will probably be a bit slower than........well, for many years! Monza will be when we see what the 8th gears are like :)
Ferrari have already changed their gears twice this season..

turbof1

George-Jung wrote:
oT v1 wrote:
Ferrari have already changed their gears twice this season..
http://thejudge13.files.wordpress.com/2 ... gears1.jpg
No that's different. You can't change the gear ratios, but you are allowed to change the gears themselves. In cases mentioned in the document the ratios were kept the same. There's a huge difference between the ratio and the ratio pairs.
#AeroFrodo