2014 Austrian Grand Prix - Public Pit Lane Walk

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dero

2014 Austrian Grand Prix - Public Pit Lane Walk

Hello Forum!

This is my first post. I've been passively reading since a few years.

The official program for the 2014 Austrian GP states that there will be a "Public Pit Lane Walk" on Thursday.
see: http://www.projekt-spielberg.at/en/formula-1/program

I'm form Austria and intend to travel from/to the track each single day trying to save some money on camping and so I'm curious as to whether or not this is worth the extra trip on thursday?

Anyone got any info on what one can expect to see there - especially technical stuff of course ;-)

Sorry for my bad english.

Yours Stefan

zztopless

Re: 2014 Austrian Grand Prix - Public Pit Lane Walk

Given it appears that the Thursday pit walk is included for three-day ticket holders, I would certainly make the effort to get there, as I'd love to see the cars and team operations up close, but I guess it depends on how obsessed you are (if you're posting on this site, I'm guessing you're probably of a similar persuasion :D).

Your English is fine by the way.

beelsebob

dero wrote:Hello Forum!

This is my first post. I've been passively reading since a few years.

The official program for the 2014 Austrian GP states that there will be a "Public Pit Lane Walk" on Thursday.
see: http://www.projekt-spielberg.at/en/formula-1/program

I'm form Austria and intend to travel from/to the track each single day trying to save some money on camping and so I'm curious as to whether or not this is worth the extra trip on thursday?

Anyone got any info on what one can expect to see there - especially technical stuff of course ;-)

Sorry for my bad english.

Yours Stefan
Not really a hint on the front of the pit lane walk... but... drive EARLY.

I mean really early.

I've done two races, one (Silverstone) camping, and one (Belgium) travelling from Antwerpen. We set off for the circuit at 5:30 am, got there about 7am, and still had to queue for about 2 hours to get in. You really need to go early.

NTS
NTS

I've been to the pit walk in Spain and would definitely go again if I visit another GP. You get the chance to take an up close look at the cars and a lot of drivers show up to sign autographs.