2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

Tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Supersoft (option, red)

Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Supersoft (option, red)
Polesitter - Sebastian Vettel (1:25.425)
Winner - Sebastian Vettel (Supersoft - Medium - Medium)

Polesitter - Sebastian Vettel (1:13.784)
Winner - Lewis Hamilton (Supersoft - Soft - Soft)

Polesitter - Sebastian Vettel (1:13.014)
Winner - Jenson Button (Wet - Intermediate - Wet - Intermediate - Intermediate - Supersoft)

2013 pole lap - Sebastian Vettel (1:25.425)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Juzh

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

It's gonna be complete walk over by merc.

SilverArrow10

Malaysia style Hamilton win. Good wheel to wheel behind. Rosberg a far way second. One of the best tracks of the year.
Last edited by SilverArrow10 on 25 May 2014, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Shrieker

This is one of Hamilton's best tracks. I'm not surprised to see that he put nearly half a second to Rosberg last year in quali. Though for some odd reason I vaguely recall Nico having a problem of some sort in quali last year, or maybe it's just me. I just can't see Rosberg winning this unless Hamilton has a mechanical or has a lapse and puts it in the wall (doesn't happen very often).
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Miguel

I also can't see Rosberg beating Hamilton here (I give it about 15%). But if it happens, I'll order a big pack of popcorn for the remainder of the season.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

gray41

Before last season I think Nico hadn't bee out qualified at this track, so I think its actually pretty good for him.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Edax

It is going to be interesting what Force India will do. Traditionally they're quite strong at this circuit.

It's quite impressive how over the past years they have slowly crept up from being a backmarker to being a midfield contender to being subtop. They certainly are giving Mclaren a hard time in the constructors championship.

Gaz.

Does anyone have that list of who has used what number of PU parts handy? Are any drivers in danger of receiving grid drops because of them? :)
Forza Jules

gray41

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114138 (autosport so you only get so many views before they charge you.)

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/stor ... zOJ6jeK.99 (same story via ESPN) Toto unveiled the information to the public.

I wonder what the next underhand tactic will be as drivers no longer allowed to play around with engine mapping on their own.

Will we see shenanigans in Montreal?
Lewis Hamilton #44

iotar__

gray41 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114138 (autosport so you only get so many views before they charge you.)
I wonder what the next underhand tactic will be as drivers no longer allowed to play around with engine mapping on their own.
This one is interesting, makes you wonder why they let them play with it earlier, whatever it was, and why now Wolff talks about it.

Hamilton's best track, Rosberg with some under-breaking problems earlier (solved or not, his start looked all right) so:
- qualifying 1. Ham 2. Rosb 3. Red Bull
- race 1. Rosb 2. Ham - just a hunch that Rosberg may be stronger again in the race and this time will pull it off despite Merc's strategy. A lot of (obligatory) lifting and coasting on long straights.

First time full power Renault; Monaco confirmed what Merc said about Red Bull's speed on lower fuel and pace management - they still end up 10 s + behind

gray41

I feel like the Ferraris might jump ahead of the RedBulls at the track, so id pick one of them for 3rd.

Im sure I read they have a big package for this one?
Lewis Hamilton #44

MercedesAMGSpy

This track is Hamilton's backyard and after what Nico did to him this weekend, he will give everything.

myurr

Wrong response by Toto IMHO. They have such an advantage that they really should let the two race. Stop sharing the full telemetry (lap by lap tyre deg is fine, corner by corner comparison traces is too much), at least during the event, and let either driver use whatever mapping they want whenever they want. If either driver is able to save fuel early on then they should be able to use it to attack later in the race, rather than have to save their engine - IF that makes sense for them.

Unc1eM0nty

I don't care what the result is, I just want to see some overtaking and forget about the borefest that is Monaco.

I do like this track though, we've seen some good races here.

SiLo

I'm wondering is Nico is finding a lot more pace in the telemetry than Lewis is. I'm guessing Lewis is the faster driver and Nico is very smartly using all the telemetry to increase his pace to something similar. If there was no telemetry sharing, Lewis would be quite a bit faster I think.

As for this race, Hamilton to win by a country mile. He loves the track, always goes well here and will be determined to wipe the floor with Rosberg.

I think Alonso will sneak in front of the two Red Bulls, who could be quite far down the field with such a power disadvantage. Force India to be best of the rest.
Felipe Baby!