2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
turbof1

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

Waywardism wrote:I would just tell them that the test driver will take their place at the following GP if they don't respect the team's authoritah.
Toto seems to be more of "punch in the face"-type of a guy. Hopefully Hamilton can drive around with a black eye. The upside is that Canada is more about stop 'n go, so feeling a bit sore isn't so much going to hurt either Hamilton or Rosberg.
#AeroFrodo

PlatinumZealot

turbof1 wrote:The issue is that the team can't change the settings externally. They don't allow it, but can't do anything about it if the drover chooses to ignore the request.

Unless of course next race on the team removes the option from the steering wheel.
I guess they still need it there for emergency purposes. Like if they have to attack or defend rival cars.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

kooleracer

Hamilton will get pole by 0.5 sec, this is his race without doubt.
The fight will be for 3rd onwards : Lewis will win this with a 10-15sec margine in the race over Rosberg.
I think Hulkenberg could get his first podium this race, best opportunity for him.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Unc1eM0nty

SiLo wrote:I'm wondering is Nico is finding a lot more pace in the telemetry than Lewis is. I'm guessing Lewis is the faster driver and Nico is very smartly using all the telemetry to increase his pace to something similar. If there was no telemetry sharing, Lewis would be quite a bit faster I think.
I think too much is made of the sharing of telemetry, sure if a driver can see exactly where he's loosing time he knows what to work on, they still have to go out there and replicate what the other drivers doing though, that's no easy feat, it's not just like copying someones homework, divers have different strengths & weaknesses, sometimes knowing what your teammate is doing isn't enough.

MercedesAMGSpy

A couple of more events like this and they won't share data anymore, you heard it here first.

SiLo

Unc1eM0nty wrote:
SiLo wrote:I'm wondering is Nico is finding a lot more pace in the telemetry than Lewis is. I'm guessing Lewis is the faster driver and Nico is very smartly using all the telemetry to increase his pace to something similar. If there was no telemetry sharing, Lewis would be quite a bit faster I think.
I think too much is made of the sharing of telemetry, sure if a driver can see exactly where he's loosing time he knows what to work on, they still have to go out there and replicate what the other drivers doing though, that's no easy feat, it's not just like copying someones homework, divers have different strengths & weaknesses, sometimes knowing what your teammate is doing isn't enough.
Maybe, but the knowledge that you CAN go faster means knowing where the limits are for the car. Yes they may have slightly different setups but it should be possible for them to do similar speeds at all points of the circuit.
Felipe Baby!

Kingshark

Up until 2013, Rosberg was never out qualified by his teammate around Montreal. Likewise, Nico has always qualified in the top 10 around here, including 2006/2007/2008 when he drove very average cars.

NR's not bad around here, but I do believe that Lewis will ultimately have the edge.

Sevach

Specially during the races i see Hamilton's engineer being all over Nico's data.
Where Nico brakes later, where he carries more speed, where he saves fuel...

Both are benefiting.

Töm87

Roßberg for the win.
He's better on the break than Hamilton this season.

WaikeCU

I think LH genuinely finds the best setup in Montreal, even though he doesn't have the best car of the field. Unless some other car has a significant dominance over one another, then he won't win it. Now he has the best car of the field by a country mile. Surely he can seal this. Every time he has raced there he always makes an impact by dominating the field or moving through the field in rapid pace.

Kingshark

Indeed. Lewis won at Montreal in 2012 even when he didn't have the best car in the field (Ferrari and Red Bull were easily as good IMO).

SGeorge

Is this a high fuel use circuit? I can imagine it would be with the long(ish) straights - if so, then HAM has the advantage as he seems to drive more efficiently. Certainly in races where they have been closely running 1-2, fuel use is higher in Rosberg. Either Ham will have more fuel to play with, or a lighter car to compensate.

zioture

F1 2014 Preview GP CANADA
Canadian"It's a circuit where you have to be very agressive and this suits my style", says MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS driver Lewis Hamilton about Montreal. Join him on a virtual lap of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the team's state-of-the-art simulator. GP: Lewis Hamilton in the F1 simulator

astracrazy

SGeorge wrote:Is this a high fuel use circuit? I can imagine it would be with the long(ish) straights - if so, then HAM has the advantage as he seems to drive more efficiently. Certainly in races where they have been closely running 1-2, fuel use is higher in Rosberg. Either Ham will have more fuel to play with, or a lighter car to compensate.
I think Lewis always starts lighter anyway because he never seems to all of a sudden use more fuel towards the end, its always consistently 1-2kg less than Rosberg. Having a lighter car for the majority of the race is a bigger advantage anyway.

we saw this weekend Rosberg had to save fuel didn't he and Lewis didn't? So if that happens around this track Rosberg will struggle to keep him behind (if he is in front).

rssh

Kingshark wrote:Indeed. Lewis won at Montreal in 2012 even when he didn't have the best car in the field (Ferrari and Red Bull were easily as good IMO).
Are you being Sarcastic? The car has greater straight line speed (7kmph) than Redbull and at par traction to Ferrari, the lower drag configuration suited the car perfectly.