2014 British GP - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne

Re: 2014 British GP - Silverstone

raymondu999 wrote:I'm quite sure you're mistaken and you mean turns 5, 8 and 18 ;) - the teams are fairly confident that turn 5, 8 and 18 will no longer be flat out anymore. They will become "corners" and no longer "kinks"
It will be interesting to see but i´ll make a bet and say Turn 8 will be flat from FP1.
Turn 5 flat from FP3 onwards.
Turn 18, probably flat for RB and Merc´s in Q3.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Chene_Mostert

astracrazy wrote:lets hope for rain then a 2008 performance from Lewis :)
This sort of fanboy post belongs on PlanetF1 - a dedicated site where Hamilton fans can flock together and share their "hope".

Anyway back to the race, It will most definitely be a all Merc affair, I also think Williams will be right there and I think McLaren will give us a surprise! Sadly Ferrari and RB will be fighting for the scraps with 1 RB not finishing the race. :|
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Racer X

I expect Williams and Mercedez to fight for the win again unless if maybe some one else brings a great update to Silvestone but i dont think so. I predict Lewis takes this victory with Nico fighting both Bottas and Massa for a podium spot...

Force India will fight for 4th and Ferrari will be in the midfield with Force India and Red Bull..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

godlameroso

raymondu999 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:This may be a very aero heavy track, but engine power is very important as well. After turns 4, 7, 14, and 17, it's all about putting down the power. The only saving grace for other teams is that Silverstone has relatively easy braking zones, there's no tricky low speed braking aside from turn 3 and club corner(17). After that, it's not so much about breaking as it is about finding the proper entry angle.

It is merry ol' England so I expect unexpected rain showers all weekend.
I'm quite sure you're mistaken and you mean turns 5, 8 and 18 ;) - the teams are fairly confident that turn 5, 8 and 18 will no longer be flat out anymore. They will become "corners" and no longer "kinks"
5 is taken flat in every single race series, so is 8, and 18 is just a tricky exit, if anything 1 and 9 will become more challenging than ever from the reduced downforce. So will the final two turns of the chapel maggots becketts complex. Remember by the time you're turning for 5, and 8 you're already north of 160kph so the downforce is working. Apex speed for 1 and 9 in LMP cars is about 200-220kph but they don't take it flat, I expect similar speeds in race trim for the F1 cars.
Saishū kōnā

sennaf1god.94

Kingshark wrote:As the two hardest tyres will be in use this weekend, I expect Mercedes to have another Bahrain or Barcelona-style advantage over the rest of the field.
Well, I xpect the Ferrari to cope well with the characteristics of both track and drivers...

But also the Bulls and Williams should do a nice job.

Please don´t put the cream before the hemorrhoids...
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Juzh

5 will be flat, others will not.

mikeerfol

None will be flat, all 3 days will be wet.

8)

SectorOne

mikeerfol wrote:None will be flat, all 3 days will be wet.

8)
Well to show how predicting weather 8 days out rarely works, yr.no say Friday will be 17 degrees and lovely sunshine all day.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SiLo

I wouldn't mind a wet weekend to be honest, it always make the racing more exciting.
Felipe Baby!

dren

I expect Ferrari and Red Bull to jump ahead of Williams and FI at this track. Mercedes should still dominate if they don't have any car issues.
Honda!

PlatinumZealot

Yeah, I am praying for rain too. I want another Silverstone 2008.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

siskue2005

Chene_Mostert wrote:
astracrazy wrote:lets hope for rain then a 2008 performance from Lewis :)
This sort of fanboy post belongs on PlanetF1 - a dedicated site where Hamilton fans can flock together and share their "hope".
and so does your post
Juzh wrote:5 will be flat, others will not.
yes 5 will be easy flat

SectorOne

Turn 8 is less of a corner then Turn 5 just so you know.
Not just the corner itself but the corner prior to it.

6th gear in turn 8 and around 260km/h apex speed, 5th gear in turn 5 no speed numbers but it´s lower and thus closer to being traction limited.

Pierce89

Racer X wrote:I expect Williams and Mercedez to fight for the win again unless if maybe some one else brings a great update to Silvestone but i dont think so. I predict Lewis takes this victory with Nico fighting both Bottas and Massa for a podium spot...

Force India will fight for 4th and Ferrari will be in the midfield with Force India and Red Bull..
This is a down force track. Williams has only really been good on power tracks. I think Ferrari and Red Bull will be back ahead of Williams.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:Turn 8 is less of a corner then Turn 5 just so you know.
Not just the corner itself but the corner prior to it.

6th gear in turn 8 and around 260km/h apex speed, 5th gear in turn 5 no speed numbers but it´s lower and thus closer to being traction limited.
Omg I got them mixed up. You are right of course. T8 will be flat, others will not :D