2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
strad

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix

Massa clearly turned right.. into Kevin
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

djos

strad wrote:Massa clearly turned right.. into Kevin
because turning right is what you do in a right hand corner!

#Fail
"In downforce we trust"

strad

I will side with Charlie Whiting
Felipe needs to know that when you start there is another driver inside. He must leave space.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

langwadt

strad wrote:I will side with Charlie Whiting
Felipe needs to know that when you start there is another driver inside. He must leave space.

yes, expecting the race line to be clear when you start on the outside it at best optimistic

strad

Martin Brundle lays the blame on Massa as well. I think I'm in good company. :wink:
Sir Stirling Moss

beelsebob

Honestly, I have no idea how you could blame anyone but Massa. He left no room at all for Magnussun.

djos

beelsebob wrote:Honestly, I have no idea how you could blame anyone but Massa. He left no room at all for Magnussun.
It's 50/50:

KMag should have used a bit more caution knowing full well those at the front of the pack wouldn't have expected him to be up as far as he was.

On on the other side of the Coin, Massa should left more room through the corner apex just in case someone came barging through like KMag did.
"In downforce we trust"

Vettel Maggot

100% Massa's fault. Anyone who has raced anything in real life will know you don't just steam in from the outside on the first corner and lunge for the inside line, chances are someone's going to be there. Run it a little wider than normal and carry on.

langwadt

djos wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Honestly, I have no idea how you could blame anyone but Massa. He left no room at all for Magnussun.
It's 50/50:

KMag should have used a bit more caution knowing full well those at the front of the pack wouldn't have expected him to be up as far as he was.

On on the other side of the Coin, Massa should left more room through the corner apex just in case someone came barging through like KMag did.
front of the pack? Massa and Magnussen started 4th and 3rd, side by side all the way to the corner

http://youtu.be/YG2zO99UR9A?t=15s

Sevach

I don't think Felipe is to blame (neither is Magnussen, it's just a difficult spot), but he's certainly a huge douche with his constant pointing of fingers.

tf1250

In an earlier clip, I thought I saw Massa look mirror right, mirror right, mirror right, then turn in. These guys have extraordinary peripheral vision, so I'm amazed that Massa would presume Magnussen wasn't there.

Shakeman

If Massa is in the right then it's the end of racing. Anyone remember Weber and Alonso going toe to toe through Eau Rouge leaving each other just enough space? If either one had been a plonker like Massa it would've been a massive prang.

Massa was penalised for doing the exact same thing to Hamilton a couple of years ago and has learnt nothing and he had the gall to denigrate all GP2 drivers too with his remarks.

He's a plonker because it could've easily been a 2-3 for Williams yet he threw it away in the first corner against a mid field car that was absolutely no threat.

basti313

Shakeman wrote:If Massa is in the right then it's the end of racing. Anyone remember Weber and Alonso going toe to toe through Eau Rouge leaving each other just enough space? If either one had been a plonker like Massa it would've been a massive prang.
There are drivers like Alonso, Rosberg, Button, Hulkenberg, Vettel or Webber and there are drivers like Grosjean, Maldonado, Hamilton, Perez and Massa. You just can not compare them.
Don`t russel the hamster!

vin1658

@basti323

Don't let your hatred for hamilton consume your sense of judgement.
Last edited by vin1658 on 22 Jul 2014, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

iotar__

Shakeman wrote:If Massa is in the right then it's the end of racing. Anyone remember Weber and Alonso going toe to toe through Eau Rouge leaving each other just enough space? If either one had been a plonker like Massa it would've been a massive prang. Massa was penalised for doing the exact same thing to Hamilton a couple of years ago and has learnt nothing and he had the gall to denigrate all GP2 drivers too with his remarks. He's a plonker because it could've easily been a 2-3 for Williams yet he threw it away in the first corner against a mid field car that was absolutely no threat.
What same thing to Hamilton, what plonker and most importantly what Eau Rouge Alonso-Webber? How is any of that relevant to this incident and Magnussen being clumsy for a tenth time this season and unaware of his surroundings? You want a comparison: Guttierez-Maldonado Bahrain. Maldonado had no where to go (after he put himself in this position of course like KM) and plonker Guttierez cut in front of him, instead of leaving a lot of space. That was an extreme version.

I agree about his comment being stupid on two levels: 1. Age doesn't stop you from bad, dirty driving as examples of Hamilton (three times in Germany), Alonso or himself (wasn't he in a similar incident with Alonso late last season?) showed consistently. 2. Raikkonen is not young straight out of GP2 and is driving much worse than that, funny how politician Massa ignored it. Jo Ramirez: "He could have seriously hurt himself," "or worse, he could have hurt Massa as well. And yet he gets away without any punishment." "If it would have been Maldonado or Grosjean, they would have sat out Germany, for sure,"