2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix

That said, there is a lot of benefit to the simulator. You can do things like figure out fuel usage, how to maximize the energy recovery, and what strategies would work which wont. Of course you can't replicate temperature conditions, actual grip levels on the ground, or every single bump, but they're getting closer and you can definitely get a feel for the layout.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

SectorOne wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Rosberg ("not a real German") is pure, natural racer "shut up and let me drive" style , he doesn't need simulators or coaching about brakes so after re-thinking I'm fine with that. =D>
So you seriously think that because Hamilton has done PR laps as part of his contract (similar to Vettel in previous years) Rosberg do not run the simulator?
Don't feed the trolls, it just encourages them... :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ringo

You guys missed the joke. Lewis does it for the English speaking audience. Rosberg does it for the German audience, the Mercedes homeland.
For Sure!!

iotar__

Just_a_fan wrote: Don't feed the trolls, it just encourages them... :roll:
Oh grow up, cheer up and give back all your points, I at least don't draw very serious conclusions about Rosberg's preferential treatment from selective quoting of Wolff.
I would draw it from Hamilton pitting after Rosberg or not in Silverstone (2nd stop) but sadly we didn't get the chance to see it, right?
Edit: to clarify, if Hamilton didn't pit or pit before Rosberg or in any way ended up in front after second pitstop it would mean preferential treatment for LH.
Last edited by iotar__ on 14 Jul 2014, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

smr
smr

Softs and super softs allocated for this weekend which isn't good news for Mclaren as we struggle on them :|

gray41

Lewis is in the sim videos because he is more marketable to the brands he is promoting in the videos.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Racer X

It is pretty easy to Market anything with Lewis hes got charisma..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

zioture

Brembo Brake Facts Germany

mkable1370

Racer X wrote:It is pretty easy to Market anything with Lewis hes got charisma..

:lol: Marketability - yes. Charisma - definitely not.

SectorOne

I would have to agree :) I can think of many interviews where i cringe a bit in Hamilton interviews.
But he´s considered a superstar and that´s why he´s considered the most marketable athlete on the planet. (forgot the paper)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Pierce89

SectorOne wrote:I would have to agree :) I can think of many interviews where i cringe a bit in Hamilton interviews.
But he´s considered a superstar and that´s why he´s considered the most marketable athlete on the planet. (forgot the paper)
I can't see Hamilton as being more marketable than Christiano Ronaldo or even Messi. In the US, I see these two WAY more than I do Lewis and the US doesn't even like soccer.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ringo

Well you are comparing a sport where you hardly see the driver's eyes muchless his face 90% of the time to football where you see the player all the time. So there is a bigger advantage when it comes to marketing for a football player.
They also market things that the common man can buy, so naturally they will be more popular than a F1 driver.
I don't even think Shumacher ever attained the popularity of a David Becham, or Senna that of Pele or Maradona.
For Sure!!

SectorOne

Pierce89 wrote:I can't see Hamilton as being more marketable than Christiano Ronaldo or even Messi. In the US, I see these two WAY more than I do Lewis and the US doesn't even like soccer.
I can´t remember what crap of a magazine said that but he did beat all of them.

Obviously this is just some guys opinion but he was seen as the most marketable athlete according to that mag.

Edit:
Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton tops annual SportsPro magazine survey ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, Usain Bolt and Sloane Stephens
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... erson.html
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Any predictions after the fric ban? I fully expect Ericsson to dominate from now on :!:

iotar__

Juzh wrote:Any predictions after the fric ban? I fully expect Ericsson to dominate from now on :!:
This is why Caterham was sold mid-season and new owners don't even have to introduce themselves :shock: . Imagine something like that in football or NBA. They may disappear after the season but more likely wait until Haas replaces them as stooge, satellite team.