2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

So it's confirmed, break issues for Lewis again. I heard him on the radio before his last lap, and Lauda supposedly confirmed it.

Merc isn't doing anything to help quiet the conspiracies.
197 104 103 7

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

De Jokke wrote:he talked about brake issues (merc at it again :x )

dunno what to believe anymore
You can check the radio messages. He was telling the team that the car was pulling under braking and they suggested some settings changes to make to try and get the front right brake warmed up properly.

I find it more likely that the brakes pad glazed than lewis forgetting how to drive between the break between q2 and q3.
Sevach wrote:Beaten way too many times in a row and way too much excuses for the "fastest guy in the grid".
Its easy to be beaten when your car engine dies after only a parade lap, crashes you into walls because the brakes die into a braking zone or catches on fire while you're trying to set a qualifying time.

SilverArrow10

I think he should be happy to be second. Back at the front can pressure Nico from lap one, but seriously what has happened to Hamilton, one lap wonders are supposed to be his greatest strength now Rosberg is getting all the poles. mind you should make a great first sector. Wonder if he's asked Vettel about last year :D
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

SectorOne

Juzh wrote:Ok, you win.

Merc is 2s faster than anyone. gg wp 10/10
I´ll celebrate with a beer i think, i´ll have one for you as well :D

Yea it´s pretty mental how much faster they are then everyone else, i´d say about 1-1,5 in the dry on low fuel so i would not be surprised if we see 2-3 second gaps in the race with Hamilton and Rosberg just pushing it like crazy.

I´m just glad they have two guys so close to each other in performance.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SparkyAMG

Hamilton didn't seem too bothered about getting 2nd. I suppose to be so close despite having a glazed brake pad is a positive for him he probably knew starting his lap that he'd have trouble.

Good job by Rosberg keeping it all together though. Pole isn't as important here as other places... But I thought the same about Canada and Hamilton didn't get past easily despite having better pace.

Great job by Seb and Fernando too. Looking forward to the race!

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:
Juzh wrote:Ok, you win.

Merc is 2s faster than anyone. gg wp 10/10
I´ll celebrate with a beer i think, i´ll have one for you as well :D

Yea it´s pretty mental how much faster they are then everyone else, i´d say about 1-1,5 in the dry on low fuel so i would not be surprised if we see 2-3 second gaps in the race with Hamilton and Rosberg just pushing it like crazy.

I´m just glad they have two guys so close to each other in performance.
How bout vet vs ric this Q? They were sort of hit and miss, both of them. I expect ric to have more pace over race distance, but alo will make short of them.

matt_b
matt_b

Juzh wrote:
How bout vet vs ric this Q? They were sort of hit and miss, both of them. I expect ric to have more pace over race distance, but alo will make short of them.
Cant wait for this battle tomorrow on track you can overtake these 3 always seem to find each other

SectorOne

Juzh wrote:How bout vet vs ric this Q? They were sort of hit and miss, both of them. I expect ric to have more pace over race distance, but alo will make short of them.
I think both did good overall, Vettel did brilliant, can´t really ask more then to put it in third really.
RIC two tenths off, possibly could have locked second row.

I think Alonso will eat the bulls only to get eaten by a fast charging Bottas if it´s dry.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Shrieker

So Hamilton mentioned his brake was 'glazed' or something and that the car was pulling to one side under braking. Has any1 else from the team confirmed that ? What happens for the race tomorrow, if it's really a problem, can they get it changed before the race ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

dans79

Shrieker wrote:So Hamilton mentioned his brake was 'glazed' or something and that the car was pulling to one side under braking. Has any1 else from the team confirmed that ? What happens for the race tomorrow, if it's really a problem, can they get it changed before the race ?
Lauda confirmed it, and I think they can be changed.
197 104 103 7

SectorOne

dans79 wrote:Lauda confirmed it, and I think they can be changed.
No need to change it,
He is confident that the problem will be solved overnight and allow him to be trouble-free in the race.

"Over the evening you can scrub it and get rid of the glazing - when it goes shiny - so over the evening we should lose it and it will be OK for the race tomorrow."

dans79

SectorOne wrote:
dans79 wrote:Lauda confirmed it, and I think they can be changed.
No need to change it,
He is confident that the problem will be solved overnight and allow him to be trouble-free in the race.

"Over the evening you can scrub it and get rid of the glazing - when it goes shiny - so over the evening we should lose it and it will be OK for the race tomorrow."
if that is the case, I get the feeling that Nico will have trouble tomorrow, because Lewis looked better on the long runs.
197 104 103 7

SectorOne

Who knows, maybe it´s the other way around tomorrow.
Will be great to see a battle with both guys now next to each other either way.

PlatinumZealot

Yeah Lewis was faster up until Q3 before his brakes glazed. He knows he has the pace on Rosberg for this race so he was not really bothered about losing pole.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Constructr
Constructr

PlatinumZealot wrote:Yeah Lewis was faster up until Q3 before his brakes glazed. He knows he has the pace on Rosberg for this race so he was not really bothered about losing pole.
Really? He sure looked bothered. I guess it's the "Teams" fault again. :lol: