2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

Rosberg has a 5km/h top speed advantage braking for Les Combes.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... Speeds.pdf

Only S1 is of any real use since S2 is just before Stavelot and S3 max speed is taken on GP straight, both separated by 0.3km/h

Hamilton are probably running a little bit more angle on the wings but not much at all, not like what Kimi/Alonso did earlier.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

nacho
nacho

Lewis looked really good at Eau Rouge on wet.

Kingshark
Kingshark

Rosberg has now out-qualified Hamilton 6-4, and by an average margin of 0.201 secs this season (excluding Germany and Hungary).

IMO Rosberg is the fastest guy on the grid over one lap. He's not that great over a race distance; but in qualifying he is phenomenal.

FrukostScones

richard_leeds wrote:It's depressing when so called fans of a sport seem to only be able to gloat over failure. Anti-Hamilton fanboys posts have been deleted. Please find another forum if you only want to talk about personalities.
I don't know what was written but I think there are more HAM fans here than "Anti-Hamilton fanboys", I think how this is handled in the live chat in a nanana-schadenfreude way is kind of ironic and ok, no need to give him a different status than ROS "who chokes all the time" or "VET who is always a spoilt brat who is slower than RIC".... or don't even mention MAL...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Sevach
Sevach

richard_leeds wrote:It's depressing when so called fans of a sport seem to only be able to gloat over failure. Anti-Hamilton fanboys posts have been deleted. Please find another forum if you only want to talk about personalities.
Will do...

Best of luck 8)

Spacepace

Kingshark wrote:Rosberg has now out-qualified Hamilton 6-4, and by an average margin of 0.201 secs this season (excluding Germany and Hungary).

IMO Rosberg is the fastest guy on the grid over one lap. He's not that great over a race distance; but in qualifying he is phenomenal.
He is indeed very fast. I remember brazil 2011 his Q3 lap was a lot faster then it should've been. He nailed the middle sector

dans79

FrukostScones wrote: I don't know what was written but I think there are more HAM fans here than "Anti-Hamilton fanboys"
The issue is that certain members like to post stuff with the specific intent of irritating Hamilton Fans. They are't giving their opinions, they aren't debating, they aren't even trying to be funny.
197 104 103 7

djos

Irritating Hamilton fans is not exactly hard, you only need to not apply the right perceived amount of respect/glowing admiration for everything he does to upset them.
"In downforce we trust"

Phillyred
Phillyred

I'm a HAM fan through and through, but ROS deserves all the credit in the world in taking advantage of the situations or as some would say "luck" has provided him with. He might not be as exciting to watch as HAM at times, but points are points and he has the most right now.

SilverArrow10

You do have to now consider Rosberg being the best over one lap. Hamilton is seen by many to be the best on Saturday, its hardly surprising as he's the British pole record holder. However you have to consider Hamilton making more mistakes rather Rosberg out and out beating him. Its like Monaco has got him vexed into screwing up his Saturdays.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

SectorOne

Yes it´s worth pointing out Rosberg has been gifted several pole positions.
Brake failure in Germany, gift to Rosberg
Engine fire in Hungary, gift to Rosberg
Glazed brakes in SPA, gift to Rosberg
Yellows in Monaco, theft by Rosberg. Yes he should have had a better banker but still, Rosberg messed up his last run, Hamilton was then not given a chance to do his run. Chances are he would have beaten Rosberg.

Then looking at his own mistakes which is entirely on him of course,

Austria, his lap that he did not complete was good for pole by 2 tenths,
Silverstone he had the upper hand, Rosberg prevailed by simply being smarter.

Frankly the only two places i feel Rosberg has pound for pound been faster then Hamilton has been Canada and Bahrain Qualifying.

Like two little kids,

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jano11
Jano11

SectorOne wrote:Yes it´s worth pointing out Rosberg has been gifted several pole positions.
You're posting your subjective views as facts. That doesn't fly.
You have no proof that Rosberg wouldn't have got those pole positions anyway, just like he did yesterday.
In fact you are basing your opinion on Hamilton's excuses, which are just as subjective and biased like your own subjective views.

djos

Indeed, would be like me saying RIC should be 3rd because he made a mistake on his last lap - fact is he made the mistake so he's not 3rd. Vettel is as he did the better job for once.
"In downforce we trust"

SectorOne

Jano11 wrote:You're posting your subjective views as facts. That doesn't fly.
You have no proof that Rosberg wouldn't have got those pole positions anyway, just like he did yesterday.
That they are gifts are pure facts. When one car is not able to challenge the other one, that´s a gift to the other guy.
It´s as simple as that. Doesn´t even matter about who would have taken pole, it´s about the fact that if one car is on fire and the other is not, it´s a gift to the other guy.

Jano11 wrote:In fact you are basing your opinion on Hamilton's excuses,
Actually i´m not, i specifically stated that some were his own mistake.

Brakes failing and engine fires are not excuses, nor is glazing brakes confirmed by the team (and Massa having the same issue)

AnthonyG

40% chance of rain at 14.00pm, nothing more from then on, so dry race comming for sure.
Only 8° atm by the way.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel